W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Continued from 20.10

Jagex's promotion of RSOF and specific forum sections:

From the home page there are side bar tabs that will take you pages on game information, community, wiki and heritage.

At the top of the community page there is a rotating picture banner (kinda like headline news flashes) that if you click on one of those it takes you to the page about whatever the topic the banner is about. From those pages there is a link to the specific forum that topic is hosted in.

Under this banner is a clickable box "Runescape Forums" that takes you directly to the main menu for the forums.

Under that you have a choice to view information pages under the categories of 'News', 'Videos" and 'Game Updates' as well as participate in the latest poll and find out information on pre-paid cards. The pages under the categories of News, Videos and Game Updates also have links to the specific forum the topic is hosted in.

It does appear that there is a variety of methods being used to promote the use of different forum sections with direct links taking you to a variety of forum sections as well as a link that takes you to the main forum menu.

How would you incorporate another link to a forum section that would be showcased that isn't represented in the three major categories of News, Videos or Game Upates?
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

09-Nov-2013 19:15:07

Start 14 n-n

Start 14 n-n

Posts: 20,033 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Risk Wizard said :
Matt Z - I know of the thread you're talking about and I'm seeing what we can do. We have threads on the forums that are discussing the same topic, so in all reality we could relocate the discussion(s) there.

In the meantime, continue your enjoyment on the forums and let us deal with the hassle of said threads.

Issue has been resolved now.
gone

10-Nov-2013 11:35:20 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2013 18:10:41 by Start 14 n-n

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I found the thread very interesting. I enjoyed reading the answers to the questions asked. Here is some data that only relates to the what are your favorite forum sections question (minus the 'why' part of the question of course).

W&F appears to be one forum that is a favorite based on the data contained in the first 100 posts.

Out of the first 100 posts, the 54 posts that mentioned their favorite forum or forum section mentioned these as being their favorites. In most cases these individuals named more than one forum or forum section. The numbers beside the forum named represent how many times the forum section was named as being a favorite forum or forum section to visit.

Account Help--------– 9
Business Services----- 1
Clan------------------ 3
Clan Leaders---------- 1
Community------------ 2
Compliments-----------3
Customer Support----- 1
Discontinued Items--- -1
Dungeoneering-------- 1
EOC------------------ 1
Events----------------2
Existing Content------ 1
Forum Games--------- 4
Future Updates------- 8
Game Feedback-------1
General-------------- 35
Goals & Achievements- 3
Guides--------------- 3
HLF------------------ 6
Items---------------- 2
Marketplace---------- 2
Minigames & DD------- 3
Monsters------------- 1
News Discussion------ 1
Off-Topic------------- 6
Old School RS Forum-- 3
Other Suggestions---- 2
Quests--------------- 7
Rants---------------– 10
Recent Updates-------11
RSC------------------ 3
Runefest--------------2
Skills----------------- 1
Solomon's-------------1
Squeal of Fortune----- 1
Stories--------------- 2
Suggestion Forums---- 2
Tech----------------- 3
W&F----------------- 8
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

11-Nov-2013 16:46:29

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yay! Well done Mistii!

Winds, that's interesting! I wouldn't have expected W&F to be up there in popularity so close to forums like Rants and RGU. I'm not surprised General's way ahead though.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

13-Nov-2013 08:44:43

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top