Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,053 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looks like Jagex have given up on interacting more with the forums and instead opted to delete them altogether. Saddened as I am by this decision, the fact that I am not as active on RuneScape as I used to be once means I can handle it.

I'd like to thank everyone with whom I've interacted on these Forums over the past, what, decade and a half that I have been using them. And, not to forget, those lovely people messaging me in-game with, ‘‘Hey, I saw your forum post!’’ Also thanks to the FMods who have been working so hard to keep the Forums tidy over the years and to the JMods who have used them to interact with the community: content developers, CM and of course Tech Support. (Where are we supposed to go now for Tech Support queries?)

I will always cherish the eager discussions and theories in F(G)U, the Lords of the Wait and R(G)U, the forum games, the official Q&As, introductions of new JMods, our glorious Lore Forum, the new update countdown, player suggestions and player-written quests, long-lived mastodonts like A Mad Hatter's Future of the Myreque or Amascut's Quests in the Making, minigame and clan organisation, and so much more. Heck, I'll even miss Chewy.

I'll be saving my own threads on my computer; if anyone wants to interact with me, please, feel free to message me in-game. My PM is usually on "all".

Jagex have suggested Discord and Reddit as replacements for the RSOF but I find both horrible websites. The former is probably a fine chat service akin to Skype (although I find the layout, controls etc. extremely annoying) but that's all it is, a chat service. It isn't a well-organised forum and you can hardly find anything back. Reddit is similarly badly designed, having tried it briefly. I cannot make sense of the comments’ organisation (I couldn't even find back my own comments!), the substitute for FMods (being downvoting idiots) is ludicrous and it's difficult to find something older than a week.

Thus, I bid you goodbye. See you ingame, perhaps!
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

22-Jan-2024 09:59:48

Treemaid

Treemaid

Posts: 11,330 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great post Drakan. Allow me to jump on the back of that and add my own thanks to those you've mentioned. :)
It does just make me smirk ironically, with just a smidge of sadness too, at the thought of trying to post a post such as yours in the RS Discord or Reddit. Snappy one or two-liners seem all that's possible or expected there, anything would probs get ignored or rapidly lost. :(
Good bye forums. We will remember you with fondness! :(

22-Jan-2024 11:38:47 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2024 11:39:01 by Treemaid

Treemaid

Treemaid

Yeh, we won't get those any more! Forum posts stick around so many can see them when they stumble over them or go looking for them. Reddit/Discord - blink and you've missed it! Good bye forums. We will remember you with fondness! :(

23-Jan-2024 16:54:11

Treemaid

Treemaid

One last goodbye for my home forum, 'Website and Forums'. I've spent so much time here posting and fighting for improvements to the forums some years back, but it's always felt like trying to swim against a strong tide. Tomorrow the tide will have won, but it'll never take away our memories. Farewell friends. <3 Good bye forums. We will remember you with fondness! :(

24-Jan-2024 20:42:03

Vivek

Vivek

Posts: 4,400 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Treemaid said :
Yeh, we won't get those any more! Forum posts stick around so many can see them when they stumble over them or go looking for them. Reddit/Discord - blink and you've missed it!

I think I'll have to get better at keeping up with it all :(

Hopefully see many of you on the other side or in game.
Sixth Realm | Community Clan Founded in 2009

24-Jan-2024 23:53:02

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top