Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Mr Frosty
Dec Member 2011

Mr Frosty

Posts: 1,222 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey there, I am sorry if this is not the place to ask for something like this...

I am curious how Jagex stands against the use of their content, and with this I mean the styling of their website | forums, the use of icons, etc etc...

Now I read the rules they have for fansites how they with permission let you use it if you ofc link back to their site but how does someone obtain such permission and to what extend are you allowed to use such content.

In all means I am not trying to "remake" their website ofc, I am just working on my clans's forums / fansite with guides for certain activities in the game but I just love the styling of Runescape's Official forums so I was wondering if I could use the same styling and use some of their icons / images as well.

And again if this is not the right place, please send me in the right direction ;)

Cheers,

Tom - Mr Frosty
[
v
]
Mr Frosty's True Trimmed List
[
v
]

12-Jun-2016 19:06:07 - Last edited on 12-Jun-2016 19:08:51 by Mr Frosty

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Tom,

It's fine to use icons and images and things like that from the website and/or forums, just as long as it's solely for personal (non-commercial) use only and you don't claim ownership.

This is taken from the Terms & Conditions (link can be found in the footer at the very bottom of the page):

Materials (including without limit all information, software, data, text, photographs, graphics, sound and video) placed on any Jagex Product by us, or on our behalf, are protected by our (or our business partners/suppliers/advertisers or licensors) copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may not use these materials or any Jagex Product except in accordance with these terms and conditions and for personal (i.e. non-commercial) use only.
@RS_Erehk

12-Jun-2016 20:10:26

Erehk

Erehk

Legaia 2 Pla said :
We have #webmeat on our side though!

We should get them posting here on the lounge thread! Of course they're very good about replying to threads in this section, but lounging is always good too. :P
@RS_Erehk

12-Jun-2016 20:38:29 - Last edited on 12-Jun-2016 20:38:45 by Erehk

Erehk

Erehk

Hmm, not sure.

I would imagine they might not, since they would know that it's mostly just casual chatting for the most part. But, Allstar and Lyon have both posted in the lounge thread here (even if only a few times) so I suppose we never know when they're watching us haha. :P
@RS_Erehk

13-Jun-2016 15:54:18

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top