Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm, I have a question/feedback for Blasty (pertaining to results as well) but I'm not sure how best to reach him. I suppose I'll hijack your thread to ask him, or perhaps you have the answer!

Is there a way to view the results without voting in the poll? I created one just now for the purpose of finding out what other people think of something, so voting in it myself seems silly. I could always just subtract my vote (and I think that's what I'll do), but it would be nice to see what others think without me adding my bias in :)

Edit: On that note, I'm long overdue for some sleep. Good night :)
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

21-Sep-2015 09:14:58 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2015 09:18:45 by Keighlea

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm pretty sure it's by design that you can't view the polls unless you've voted. It's a good design too since seeing results does have an effect on the way people vote.

I suppose subtracting you vote is probably the best way to do it. But I don't think it's silly to vote. After all, people who do vote will see the results, the more votes the more accurate the sample. Your vote is no less valid than any other.

You have a good sleep and sweet dreams :)

21-Sep-2015 14:45:35

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Notifications, favoriting threads, an organizable profile... all things Jagex just doesn't offer us.

For whatever reason, they rather take to social media, reddit.. twitter.. twitch.. ugh, just saying social media leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

What is so wrong with their own forums? For one, they alienated everyone from using it by pushing them to other mediums...

BIMD!!! Forums weren't so dead. :@ 200+ people on at most times, very rarely below 100 at any given time. I miss the activity. The lack of activity is likely a reason for the lack of forum content, mobile-support, etc., and to top it off, the lack of activity is their doing.

:@ :@ :@

sorry for the rant indy! :p
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

21-Sep-2015 22:47:25 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2015 23:28:16 by Body btw

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Body btw said :
sorry for the rant indy! :p

That's quite all right. That's what we do here, discuss the forums. As long as it doesn't get personal then I welcome pretty much all forms of forum discussion :)

If they wanted to drive more traffic to these forums they could. But for whatever reasons that's not something they seem to focus on.

There are both players and staff who are quite active here. But it's nothing compared to off site. The unfortunate thing is people treat things on face value. These forums are not at the standard they should be, and this reflects in both the amount of users and the content that gets posted.

It might sound silly but there's plenty of evidence that shows a polished and professional environment encourages that very same behaviour, in both the real and virtual worlds. Sure it's a generalisation, but there is much truth to it. In any case, there is no downside for improving especially when your staff have the skills and expertise.

It's hard to argue against the fact the technology and rules are pretty much arcane and prehistoric. People will behave how they are treated and react to their environment (virtual or otherwise). So Neanderthal behaviour is not only to be expected, but is inadvertently encouraged.

22-Sep-2015 09:08:44 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2015 09:14:40 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hii, Indy! ­<3

Little off-topic, but I decided to purchase E :D again (eep) - A few people on a forum I frequent have said the game isn't too bad on an Xbox Controller (and if I enjoy it I will buy a HOTAS I guess!) - So I'll see if I enjoy it this time.

I need to learn how not to fly straight past things I was fast-travelling to.

Hope everything's okay, and I shall get back to you soon :)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

22-Sep-2015 23:12:53

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Rowley, I haven't spent much time on E :D lately or any game for that matter. But I think planetary landings will suck me in for a while. Not sure when that's due, maybe around Christmas.

Hehe, learning to stop is hard at first, but really easy once you get hang of it. ETA rather than speed is your best indicator as to when to drop out of super cruise.

I still have a HOTAS on loan. I was asked the other day, why do I have that "thing" on my desk. I replied, because it makes me feel like I'm flying a spaceship, why else would I have it? The only form of reply I got was a strange look. Pretty sure she heard me mumble under my breath, some of my friends really need to get a life.

HOTAS is worth it just for immersion factor, but you really have to like the game else it's not worth it.

Anyway all is well here, hope all is well for you too :)

23-Sep-2015 03:35:57 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2015 03:37:16 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I installed Opera yesterday, it feels much lighter and a little bit faster than Chrome.. I'm sure Chrome is generally better than Opera but I don't need something 'op' for browsing, the best part is Opera can use Chrome's extensions :P No Linkify loss!

Body btw said :
Notifications, favoriting threads, an organizable profile... all things Jagex just doesn't offer us.

For whatever reason, they rather take to social media, reddit.. twitter.. twitch..
I suppose its just because such features are already readily available elsewhere, and a lot of people already use social media to contact each other more freely. All the Jmods have to do is make an account on one of those heavily used sites, rather than implementing all the features onto these forums.
Selective Completionist

23-Sep-2015 13:29:46 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2015 13:31:36 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Opera's javascript engine performs really well.

Other stuff runes well too, most heavy rendering (shading for example) seems to run way faster in opera than the other major browsers. Synthetic benchmarks don't always confirm this, but opera performs very well in real stress tests.

It's features are nice too, simple stuff that doesn't require addons. Like auto refresh at x seconds. This sort of stuff they have had for years.

Might not be so relevant now, but opera supported much of the HTML5 spec quite early on, and until recently surpassed many of the major browsers.

Also (not sure if it's still the case) opera was the only browser to strictly conform to W3C's (World Wide Web Consortium) standards. That meant for web design, how it looked on opera was how it was meant to look (as in true interpretation of the language).

If you notice it is faster, that's probably because it is faster on your hardware for that particular task or tasks.

So there you go, I like Opera too :)

Glad linkify is running, I didn't know that opera supported chome's APIs. Though I should have made the connection because many devs who write chrome extensions often refer to Opera's docs. I just figured they had similarities but it must go beyond that.

23-Sep-2015 14:13:36 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2015 14:14:28 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice, didn't know that stuff :P

But yea, there's this extension "Download chrome extension" so you can install many (/any?) of the extensions in the Chrome web store
https://addons.opera.com/extensions/details/app_id/kipjbhgniklcnglfaldilecjomjaddfi

I did read somewhere that they use the same engine, I guess that has something to do with it
Selective Completionist

23-Sep-2015 14:42:19

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top