Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I just finished writing a VoS Clock API that I host on my site. It's been a long time since I have coded in php, forgot what an awesome language it is.

This means RS Linkify doesn't have to do any processing to determine the current clan voices. It also means less code so that's nice too. Actually the resources used are lessened by a significant amount by using my own api and doing the processing away from the browser.

It also means I may be able to make changes/tweaks to the clock without the need to update Linkify.
All sounds great, Indy :) Is there much hosted from your site? Besides the more obvious features easily accessible on the site, I can only think of this VoS clock and custom avatars
Selective Completionist

21-Sep-2015 00:46:34

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All that's hosted currently is:

- Custom Titles
- VoS

However I have at times hosted other things. When I did an aprils fools thing I hosted most of the scripts on my site to keep Linkify compact. I do the same for Christmas snow.

It's basically for the extra images, and some of the scripts. The geometry for the Christmas snow runs in a 3d engine. I don't see the point in shipping that with Linkify.

There may been other things I have hosted, but they would have been a one off event.

21-Sep-2015 02:27:06

Zarosian Kay

Zarosian Kay

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Indecent Act (or Indy, as the voice in my head tells me you like to be called)! I am grateful for your contribution to this wonderful community, but unfortunately I am forced to use Firefox due to the circumstances with the voice in my head, and cannot take part in this wonderful extension :( .

I wished for you to know that the forums are painful to use, or so the voice tells me, without such a lovely extension!

The voice talks much about you and how you are missed, and hopes to lure you back with coffee!

Have I mentioned that I hear voices?
My blood-caffeine level is 100%, also! *<3
You're nosy! :P

21-Sep-2015 06:20:16

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lmfao great read

..is what the voices tell are telling me ;) I think many of us were brought to the dark side for the sake of Linkify, as it's just simply too great to ignore. I'm now completely integrated into chrome because of Linkify. I remember the battle I had with myself before choosing to use chrome... good luck with your battle :p
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

21-Sep-2015 06:31:20

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shame there is no way to toggle between multiple accounts.

One forum I use allows you to great a global account and link other accounts you make to it. For games that's really handy since each forum account pertains to your character and your character's stats. You can just toggle between them while remaining signed in.

Considering how many alts there are on RS, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

21-Sep-2015 07:18:55 - Last edited on 21-Sep-2015 07:19:31 by Indecent Act

Zarosian Kay

Zarosian Kay

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The voice in my head tells me they planned to make multiple accounts per login name a thing at one point in the past, but they apparently scrapped the idea. I'm sure if they'd continued work on that, we'd have seen that update to the forums eventually

2018 or so.. The voice seems to think
You're nosy! :P

21-Sep-2015 07:32:59

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top