Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
s hamy said :
Uhhh is this a new feature??

Nope, but it should look like this...
http://i.imgur.com/jRhMdrd.png

The polls are working fine for me...
https://hlf-polls.appspot.com/#/polls/31

In case you can't see the embedded poll, here's an image...
HTTP://i.imgur.com/kmhwbVE.png

One thing that really helps and saves me asking lots of questions is adding version info tag when reporting an issue. Just add
[v ersion info]
at the start or end of your post.

I'm sure we can get it all sorted but I'll need a little more info.

- Disable all extensions except Linkify, refresh a forum page. If that works then re-enable other extensions one at time refreshing a forum page each time. Use the process of elimination to determine if other apps are messing with things.

- Same goes for any adblock software, disable, refresh page and see if there is any difference.

- If you have used System Restore recently that can severely mess with extensions. Re-install is required if this is the case.

- Do use the
[v ersion info]
tag.

At the time of posting ht tps://hlf-polls.appspot.com is displaying and working fine, it's hosting the polls as it should.

Let me know how things go, we'll sort it :)

04-Sep-2015 04:47:52

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,915 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My Version Info...

RS-Linkify Version: 3.1.8.56
Chrome Version: 45.0.2454.85
Compiled for: Win32
Language: en-US

I see the same thing that Shamy sees; an empty poll box. I posted my current version information.

Edit: If it's anything, I did not have the empty box issue before; I had recently downloaded to Windows 10. I don't know if that's caused any issues or what.

04-Sep-2015 17:23:05 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2015 17:39:30 by Froud

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Froud and Shamy, at least I know it's not an isolated case. I'm curious to know if Shamy is running windows 10.

I've just pushed out an update Version 3.1.8.57. Since I'm not using windows 10 (and I'm not even sure that's the issue) I don't know how it will go. Fingers crossed :)

04-Sep-2015 19:18:40

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could there be a notification if someone has posted in a thread that is within your forum profile? Say I posted in the HLF General Lounge, and I want to catch up on newer posts. Could Linkify make a notification that I can see that someone else posted?

Benefits I can see is that it doesn't require as much attention as just refreshing/checking back at a much later time. Only downsides I can think of is if it's too much effort for little gain and performance issues on computer side.

Thanks!

EDIT: I kind of missed it on the front page oops, but still, I'm wondering if it's still a possibility nowadays.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

04-Sep-2015 20:41:39 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2015 20:42:54 by Evil Lucario

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Ziksy, that's very similar info to me. except my linkify version is 3.1.8.57, hopefully when your extensions update it'll be back to normal :)

Evil Lucario said :
Could there be a notification if someone has posted in a thread that is within your forum profile? Say I posted in the HLF General Lounge, and I want to catch up on newer posts. Could Linkify make a notification that I can see that someone else posted?

Benefits I can see is that it doesn't require as much attention as just refreshing/checking back at a much later time. Only downsides I can think of is if it's too much effort for little gain and performance issues on computer side.

Thanks!

EDIT: I kind of missed it on the front page oops, but still, I'm wondering if it's still a possibility nowadays.

I had kind of dropped this idea, had similar questions in the past. But I have been thinking about it again after reading your post.

I really don't want to do periodic automated requests to check the states of threads and such. But I might be able to strike a happy compromise.

I could highlight the threads in our profile that have new posts. At least viewing that page will give an overview of the status of all threads.

Some limitations: I can't tell how many new posts were made or who made the last post. Also the link to last post has been broken since the the forum re-skin, but that's easy to fix.

Some other things I might be able to do is provide a link to where you last left off (need to think about that some more). Also when viewing anyone's profile that contains threads common to your profile, the appropriate threads would also be highlighted.

Anyway that's just what came to mind after reading your post, I need to think about it some more. I know this is far removed from notifications, but it could be a big improvement to the forum profile.

Thoughts or questions are welcomed from all, the profile needs some love :)

Edit: typos

05-Sep-2015 03:31:27 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2015 07:29:42 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top