Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Zamorak :)

Okay this is really hard because the original is wider than it is high and doesn't include much below the neck. To fill the circle I have to zoom in on the face and crop. That means your red wavy locks will be gone.

Anyway what I have done is drawn my own interpretation of what the rest of him would look like. This btw is way out of my league, I can do basic edits but drawing isn't my thing, and drawing without a model to work from means you new avatar is a combination of guesswork and very amateur drawing skills.

I like all custom avatars to look as good as they can, but I really need more to work from.

If you don't like it I understand, if you could provide an image that would be better proportions for editing I'm happy to give it another go :)

Here's what I have done, I have tried my best.

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10706.png

15-Apr-2015 02:41:01 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2015 02:56:38 by Indecent Act

Zamorak83432

Zamorak83432

Posts: 10,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hiya Zamorak :)

Okay this is really hard because the original is wider than it is high and doesn't include much below the neck. To fill the circle I have to zoom in on the face and crop. That means your red wavy locks will be gone.

Anyway what I have done is drawn my own interpretation of what the rest of him would look like. This btw is way out of my league, I can do basic edits but drawing isn't my thing, and drawing without a model to work from means you new avatar is a combination of guesswork and very amateur drawing skills.

I like all custom avatars to look as good as they can, but I really need more to work from.

If you don't like it I understand, if you could provide an image that would be better proportions for editing I'm happy to give it another go :)

Here's what I have done, I have tried my best.

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10706.png

Works for me :D

Thanks a ton <3
Strength Through Chaos
|

15-Apr-2015 03:42:41

nat
Sep Member 2022

nat

Posts: 7,813 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hiya guys, havn't been around in a while :) hope you're all good

I was wondering if I could get this as an avatar
http://i.imgur.com/nW8MrZh.png

Just the headish area, with the nat included

Thanks so much<3

15-Apr-2015 07:06:44

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Great pic Nat!

I had to make some adjustments, mostly the placement of your name. You'll see what I mean when it's framed in the circle avatar space.

I hope my edits haven't done an injustice to your artwork. Let me know if it's not cool.

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10707.png

15-Apr-2015 09:33:16 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2015 09:35:09 by Indecent Act

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Actually I'm not sure what I'm going to do with profiles at all.

Well I just want to add that any profile work you do has my full support! ^_^

For someone like me who posts on a lot of threads, and also creates a few threads... the Jagex profile is a disaster :( The highlighting thing was so small, but so great for looking through 100 threads in my profile and spotting my highlighted created threads. 50% of the time it broke and wouldn't highlight for me, but the 50% that did work, I loved it! ^_^

I wish I had some great suggestions, but I'm not really sure what you would consider Linkify-worthy or what you're capable of doing at the moment (you have better things to do, I'm sure! :p ). The only suggestion I would have for profiles is some sort of color coded bookmarking feature... orrrrr, something along those lines. For instance, say I have 100 threads in my profile and I only like 1 of them (lol). I wish I could put a heart icon next to it so that I could quickly navigate my profile and find it.

Thanks for reading, as always Indy, you're great ­<3
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

15-Apr-2015 15:21:04

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks for the reply lbody :)

As I said I'm still not sure what I'm going to or how I'm going to go about it. I have a feeling I might design a customisable forum bookmark/history page rather build on the profile.

I have some ideas based on data I collected some time ago. I saw things like how frequently profiles are used and it was quite a surprise. Even though I'm not working on it just yet doesn't mean you can't toss ideas at me :)

trist said :
Is there any chance that linkify could be used with Firefox in the future? Since Google chrome is becoming really bad now

I wasn't aware chrome was any better or worse than usual. As for firefox, one thing I'm doing with this build of linlify is designing it with intention to port it to firefox.

However the plan is to do light version of RS Linkify and I haven't even started on it, so don't expect anything soon. I'm not guaranteeing it'll even make it that far, but when I'm on top of this build I'll look into it.

15-Apr-2015 18:19:23

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top