Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Hey Indsy ­<3 Hope you're well!

Get online so we can catch up, will ya?! :)

Hiya Morgypie ­<3

I'll try to log into the game today and say hi. I hope all is well for you too :)

AoDude said :
What is Jagex doing with these fonts... My poor eyes!

­coffee

How far away is custom css boxes in linkify? I would love to go back to the former fonts...

I only just logged in and first thing I notice is the font.

The fonts must be a mistake, because no one would do this on purpose (unless there are some pissed off devs with a sense of humour). So I'm going to give them some time to fix it before I make any changes.

Oh custom CSS is still pretty far away, and it will be limited to posts (with a few global options). It will happen but I have bigger things I'm working on atm :)

23-Feb-2016 00:39:58

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
The fonts must be a mistake, because no one would do this on purpose (unless there are some pissed off devs with a sense of humour). So I'm going to give them some time to fix it before I make any changes.

Yeah, it does sound like it might have just been an error -

Original message details are unavailable.
I believe the font is an error. I've messaged the team about it to try and get it sorted out and I believe that they're aware of it.
@RS_Erehk

23-Feb-2016 00:46:28

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks for the quote Erehk :)

I just looked into things a bit more closely since I last posted and I have the CSS files from before and after and I can see they have deleted two fonts from their CSS. Plus made adjustments throughout the pages to accommodate these changes.

Error perhaps, but in judgement more than in code. As this looks like it's doing exactly what it's meant to do.

If needed I can restore all the fonts to how they were before (if jagex doesn't). I have both code and screenshots of the pages so I can get it all back exactly how it was. But like I said I'll wait and see before I do anything.

23-Feb-2016 01:58:09

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hmmm, I was just thinking about pushing out an update to revert the fonts and I saw this...

Original message details are unavailable.
Thank you for all the comments everyone.

We're in the very early stages of a project to make more parts of the website responsive so that they work much better on small screen devices. You may already have seen the first parts of this with the launch of the new login screen and RuneMetrics.

As part of this we are reviewing everything on the site, including the fonts. To make things much easier for us in development, we will be making some changes that also affect the older style web pages.

However in doing this yesterday it looks like we uncovered some problems with the way we encode fonts before publishing them to the site. This affected the main body font on the website, and this same font is also used on the list of forums and the list of threads. This was not intentional and it will be reverted very soon . Sorry if it has made things more difficult to read.

We also changed the large all-caps header font yesterday. This was an intentional change to a different font that is used on the more mobile-friendly pages and we won't be changing this back.

The fonts are a very small part of the overall project and we are really looking forward to bringing some significant improvements to the website in the coming months. We hope that there is as much passionate feedback about the other changes we make in future as we have seen in this thread! :)

I'm not sure what to do now.

23-Feb-2016 11:53:47

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They didn't have to change anything. I often browse the website on my phone and the "all caps header" fonts used to look just fine.

Once they fix the blurry font problem, I suggest you leave it be. I'm not too bothered by header fonts, only about the blurriness in these titles (which according to the JMod it'll be fixed):
http://puu.sh/niOLx.png

Still, the changes to fonts are stupid and don't really improve anything.

23-Feb-2016 19:59:14 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2016 20:12:49 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks for that morgypie :)

Tbh anything they say rarely makes any sense to me (or anyone I know), from what I understand they are changing back the main body font <-- this text, and leaving everything else.

I'm viewing the site as it was before they updated and it's really much nicer. All I can say for sure is readability has dropped since they made changes.

24-Feb-2016 01:23:31 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2016 14:33:46 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top