Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
-pokes and waves-

I should visit (and probably say hi more often) - But I have seen you in game more so I am going to assume you are home and well? Either way, I hope all is well!

­<3

Actually I just got home yesterday after being away for a few days (during which I was very slack and didn't once log in to the forums or game). So yep home now and surprisingly well considering I went out lots, had too many late nights and pretty much wore myself out (oh dear I am getting old).

But yes I have been on RS a lot more lately (this year) and that's something I hope to continue to do. I hardly played last year but I'm enjoying the game again now.

I know I don't often say much in game, but it's always nice to know you're there :)

I hope all is well for you too and...

* passes you a coffee * ­<3

13-Feb-2016 16:54:13

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recently noticed that if you view someone's posts in a thread and there are a huge number of posts with videos/pictures it takes SO LONG to load the page to the point that you would think it froze. I came across this from a few posts particularly from the "what are you listening to?" thread that have put major stress on trying to load. It will eventually crash the web page if you let it try to load for a while.

Is there any way to put a view limit on the "Posts by User" page? Like have a base amount of maybe 10 posts that appear then a button at the bottom that will load another 5 posts?

21-Feb-2016 21:11:57 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2016 21:13:12 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Body btw said :
yup, just came in to see what was up :)

hoping all is well

All good here. Hope all is well for you too :)

Ziksy said :
I heard they print images on coffee now too :O

That's a new level of delight!

Anything coffee related is a delight :)

Hevilmystic said :
-waves- ­<3

Hiya Rowley * waves *

Klyntar said :
I recently noticed that if you view someone's posts in a thread and there are a huge number of posts with videos/pictures it takes SO LONG to load the page to the point that you would think it froze. I came across this from a few posts particularly from the "what are you listening to?" thread that have put major stress on trying to load. It will eventually crash the web page if you let it try to load for a while.

Is there any way to put a view limit on the "Posts by User" page? Like have a base amount of maybe 10 posts that appear then a button at the bottom that will load another 5 posts?

I need to look into it, but it depends. I can't ask for a portion of the page, but I can display portions of a page. So if the issue is with page load and not page rendering I can't really make a difference. I might be able to do something if it's the latter but I need to fiddle around a bit and see. I will check it out and see what I can come up with :)

21-Feb-2016 23:20:59

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It messes up when it starts trying to put the videos into the posts after the initial post load. Whether that's page load or render idk, you'd know that better than me. I just know how it's happening.

Here's one of the links that this happens to me, give it a few seconds of it loading:
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=9tLkVH34PR4/forums.ws?261,262,280,65515867&showuser=Skutch

22-Feb-2016 01:40:52 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2016 01:47:37 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Klyntar said :
It messes up when it starts trying to put the videos into the posts after the initial post load. Whether that's page load or render idk, you'd know that better than me. I just know how it's happening.

Here's one of the links that this happens to me, give it a few seconds of it loading:
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=9tLkVH34PR4/forums.ws?261,262,280,65515867&showuser=Skutch

Yeah there's a million vids on that page, that's the problem. Definitely something I can do. But I don't think I'll do the load on demand (page scroll) as it will still be problematic on a page that size.

After some vids have been embedded (I'm thinking max 10 vids) I think I'll just forgo embedding the rest and make them clickable links.

This will at least make the pages lighter and faster. I'm still looking into it and I may change what I do, but I will certainly do something :)

22-Feb-2016 04:56:11 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2016 04:57:11 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top