RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
I miss this feature btw :)

Hiya lbody :)

Okay first of all I'm not sure what I'm going to about the the highlighting in profiles. Actually I'm not sure what I'm going to do with profiles at all. Even though I have already made some options for profiles, it's just to keep things going until I come up with something better. I'd like to ditch them once and for all and make something from scratch.

The issues or limitations you mentioned, with changes you described wont change anything in regard to changing computers or using multiple accounts. Linkify doesn't know what you've done elsewhere. On a different computer (with or without linkify), posting from a phone or signed into forums on a different account, the linkify on your primary computer just doesn't know what you've been up to on the forums.

However being able to choose what's highlighted and what's not highlighted isn't a bad way to go, but it wont solve the above limitations. There actually was a sneaky way to do the highlight thing on the old version, but not many new about it.

I've also been looking into syncing linkify settings with user's google accounts. But the amount of data I can sync is tiny. Just the names held in friends/clan lists would for most people exceed the sync quota. I was really hoping to sync all linkify's settings so no matter where you are linkify could load settings from your google account.. That would have been perfect for profile/highlighting and such and would eliminate a number of limitations.

I don't want to make any promises about where I'm heading with profiles/bookmarks. But I do want to make some significant changes and improvements in that area. There will always be limitations I can't overcome from within a browser extension, if I can get away with an acceptable compromise then I'll go ahead with it.

Kind of glad you posted on this subject, because I need to give it some thought :)

14-Apr-2015 14:54:41

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't even know..

http://puu.sh/hdEZe.png

I'm thinking its more trouble than its worth, so don't feel compelled to get this little bug fixed

Does anyone else ever see this? Lol

E: Hmm, weird.. up until now I've only ever seen it next to the reply box

HTTP://puu.sh/hdI1z.png
Selective Completionist

14-Apr-2015 15:00:32 - Last edited on 14-Apr-2015 15:55:32 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Amaethwr said :
I don't even know..

http://puu.sh/hdEZe.png

I'm thinking its more trouble than its worth, so don't feel compelled to get this little bug fixed

Does anyone else ever see this? Lol

E: Hmm, weird.. up until now I've only ever seen it next to the reply box

HTTP://puu.sh/hdI1z.png

Try updating to version 3.1.7.99. I just published it about 5 min ago. It has a few changes, one of them being to the titles. Please lemme know if you still see the duplicate titles :)

Kimmy said :
Hey :)

Could you add this avatar for me please?

http://puu.sh/hdJ4G/57999e0113.jpg

Here you go Kimmy :)

http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10705.png

14-Apr-2015 16:48:28 - Last edited on 14-Apr-2015 16:55:31 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Morgan said :
Linkify Spoiler buttons are more inline with the RS3 style now. I like it.

Slowly polishing bits from when this was just a test version. Those buttons were from before the re-skin, but it didn't matter because only I saw them. They were never intended to be in the public version. It's nice to get back to those little things and finish them :)

There is still other stuff left over that I've been asked to not remove. Links appear under some videos and under embedded tweets. That was just so I could cross-reference the embed content with the actual URL. But since some people like it, and no one has complained, I figure some things can stay :)

Oh check the game guide drop down menu when you get a chance :)

14-Apr-2015 18:54:19 - Last edited on 14-Apr-2015 18:55:00 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top