Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure if you are familiar with Reddit (and RES), but with RES there's a 'spoiler' button for images, and it works like this:

http://gfycat.com/SevereValuableGuernseycow

You can drag the image to make it bigger/smaller at will, is there any chance you could create a similar system for images (or images under spoiler tags) on the HLF?

­coffee from me, and ­coffee ­coffee from Korey who has gone to sleep :)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

02-Jul-2014 12:52:09 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2014 12:54:54 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vandalizes said :
Hayy indy ^_^ Do you think you could be kind and give me one of those custom titles? :> I kinda wanted to have "Pizza lover" as title :p

There are some limitations with the titles and I'm still testing them out. It's very early stages with this, consider it to be experimental and not permanent. Next time I do an update I'll have a look at sorting you a title.

@Blasty,

You're right it would be involved and pretty much impossible for me to test. There are some limitations I just have to accept, and I think this is going to be one of them. Not saying it's impossible but I need to draw the line somewhere. However if you have any ideas or approaches I'd definitely look into it.

Pretty sure you know this but you can recolour the renamed thread in your profile by simply previewing thread creation with the same title.

I explained here in more detail how to get all your threads coloured after a clean install.

@Rowley,

I'm not sure but that looks an extension for reddit?

Anyway I assume you want to be able to pan and zoom images. I can do that but the effect will be different and it will only benefit large images like the one in that example.

Since RS Linkify uses the full width of the post for all images that are large enough. I wouldn't be resizing like in that example. I think mouse wheel zoom (zoom in at mouse cursor position) and click and drag to pan would be the way to go.

02-Jul-2014 15:50:42 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2014 15:51:32 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RES is an extension for Reddit, yeah.

Since some people like to post 1080p images on the HLF, I'd like to be able to zoom in on them without having to open the image in a new tab :p

Something like what Imgur does would be pretty cool too (ignore the image... It was the first one I found with zoom....):

http://imgur.com/gallery/b70KNga

Edit: To please Carley I have changed the image.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

02-Jul-2014 15:56:30 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2014 16:59:51 by Hevilmystic

Carley
Mar Member 2022

Carley

Posts: 4,207 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel there is more to that choice of image than you're letting on.. E: I like what you changed it to =D

I agree that something like that would be useful, having a lightbox for images that pops out when clicked on would be much nicer than it opening another tab :P
RS-Linkify

02-Jul-2014 16:48:32 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2014 17:01:11 by Carley

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Okay here's what I've been playing around with, RS-Linkify Version 3.0.7.0 is needed.

This is my attempt at a lightbox. Keep in mind it's not finished, but I need test it and run it before I do any more on it. There are limitations such as it wont work with spoilers, and thumbnails....yet.

- Clicking an image will pop otut the pic and resize it as best I can to your browser window.

- A single click on the new image will close it.

- Scrollwheel will zoom in and out at the cursor position.

- Clicking and dragging (only when zoomed in) will pan the image.

Remember update RS Linkify to Version 3.0.7.0 to see the lightbox.

Here's a test image complements of Rowley :)

http://i.imgur.com/b70KNga.jpg

Feel free post some test images and try it out. I have already found very tall narrow images don't work too well. But that's just how it is when fitting an image to screen and keeping aspect ratio. Fortunately right clicking and opening in a new tab is always an option.

03-Jul-2014 02:16:57

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Morgan :)

Blasty said :
Love big linkify updates, always fun to play with :)

Another awesome update :)

Could the lightbox animations be made quicker? Having an animation is nice but I don't wanna waste *too* much xp.

3-5x faster, or like 0.2-0.3 seconds

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­

Yep I'm happy to speed it up, that wont be a problem.

I'll most likely do another update later today. Thanks for the fast feedback :)

Hmmm I might post my info about this update again since it'll be a new page.

03-Jul-2014 02:30:24 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2014 02:31:48 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top