Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
If they did happen to completely redo the forums, would it break all/a lot of Linkify?

­­­­
Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.
­­­­

A complete redo of the forums would totally stop RS Linkify, I wouldn't expect anything to work at all.

If they did completely redo the forums there may not be a need a for RS-Linkify. The features I offer have existed in other forums for the last 15-20 years.

A forum rework is great and all, and I welcome it. But it will only be of real benefit if there is also a rework of the mindset that controls these forums. Purposely limiting options (BB codes have been around forever), silly censorship (text, links, etc), overly moderated for the wrong reasons, and so on. As long as those things continue, the code behind the forums will never shine and many of the problems will persist.

I doubt it will be the end of RS Linkify after a rework. Any improvements will make what I do easier :)

10-Dec-2013 13:05:07 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 13:09:36 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright :P

E: Oh, just remembered.. Sometimes my signature doesn't display properly.

It shows up like (without the spaces):
[ c ][ bub ][ darkviolet ][ i ]Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.[ /i ][ /darkviolet ][ /bub ][ /c ]

And the avatar code doesn't get added onto the end of it. Its almost as though Linkify gets turned off for a moment. If I go into edit afterwards, then preview the post and update it, the signature gets fixed.

­­­­
­­­­
Selective Completionist

10-Dec-2013 13:32:57 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 13:38:16 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Amaethwr,

I have been using an unfinished build of RS Linkify lately so I haven't seen these things first hand. I need to get back on the current live version for a while and see what's going on.

I'll take a look at those issues tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know :)

10-Dec-2013 14:21:16

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, if I see it happen again I'll puush it/leave it unedited and direct you to it.

And nice 2k13 post in 2k13 :P

­­­­
­­­­
Selective Completionist

10-Dec-2013 14:22:56

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've made a lot of progress with polls recently, it's getting there...

https://hlf-polls.appspot.com/1 (voting system not set up yet, but try submitting an incomplete poll and see what happens, I'm also trying to work out how to use history states)

I've rewritten everything a couple of times, its latest modular code structure should make it easier to manage.

Without any surprises, it shouldn't take too long to get the voting back-end to work, then I can start on the fun of setting up poll creation. There are a couple of other features I have sketched up that I may also add.

Then after complete error handling and some cleaning up it should be readyyy

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

10-Dec-2013 19:17:00 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2013 19:39:59 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I thought that's what you were doing.

I use pop/push states with side panel so the browser back/forward buttons execute the last script rather than reload a new page.

I had difficulty with the popstate because it fires on first page load no matter what, and can put things out of sync. This only happens in chrome. I got around it by waiting for the page to fully load before listening for the popstate. Once I did that it seemed to make sense and work as I expected.

I'd rather a better solution though, because the page can be interactive before completely loaded and that can mess with things a little.

11-Dec-2013 01:07:46 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2013 01:09:03 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top