Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the transparency Baraxil :)

@Iced PvM, I resized it a little, I can flip to make it face to right (toward the page centre) if you like.

­­­­Iced PvM­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10629.png ­­10629­­­­

02-Jan-2015 21:57:03

Avadynn
Jul Member 2023

Avadynn

Posts: 2,563 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Blasty said :
Happy new year!!!

Indecent Act said :
@Lifer, It's just a post method to call the update. It expect it can be done from pretty much anything. A web page, an app. Probably could do it from your phone.

I'd just make a phone app that did it (after getting permission from the site first).

I should look into making a phone app sometime :O

Made an appsscript for it but the trigger has to be created and authorized manually:
https://script.google.com/d/1iAPZv9yOQKHasgEN6k4ay4vQJEHrOfDWNou_Tttz9jmd0PDJgCoUE18m/edit?usp=sharing&newcopy=true

Resources -> Current project's triggers -> New trigger -> (Hour timer => Day timer) -> Save
Run -> updateStats

­­­­­­­­­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­­­­­­­

Thanks, it's working now. Would it still run even if the tab I have open for updateRunetracker is closed?

wow ty for this!!
The AFKers |
Kindness is free
*.¸
SPRINKLE
¸.*
it everywhere.
|
Discord:
Meg#3553

03-Jan-2015 03:07:30

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indy dear :)

I think this has already been asked before but is there a way to make it so that if you add a player's name to blacklist, we won't see their signature? Maybe even make a "block signatures from these players" textbox that works independently from the blacklist.

Here's how I'd do it.

If a signature is added through Linkify, it'll also include an invisible character before the signature (this'd be an automatic process), that way it knows what to delete and how to identify signatures. This'll work in conjunction with the blacklist in order to filter out annoying or disruptive players more efficiently.

Again, I don't know if this is technically possible. Just thought I'd give give a practical example of how I'd do it.

Thank you and hope you're well! ­<3

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, the way Linkify handles signatures, this'd be a tricky process considering the player could simply just delete the invisible character at the time of posting... Unless it was added at the time of pressing the "submit" button. The signature would have to be stored as a string and that way would be recognised by Linkify as to where in the post apply the invisible char upon submitting a post. (I don't know, just ideas! :P )

EDIT2: Never mind if it's too hassly... :P

03-Jan-2015 04:12:06 - Last edited on 03-Jan-2015 04:25:06 by Morgan

Morgan

Morgan

Oh and as a side note: since signature strings aren't stored GLOBALLY and are not unique to a player, we need a global way to identify signatures, hence the invisible char, so that MY linkify can identify the player I have tagged for "deletion of signature".

If the sigs were stored globally, then yes... we could maybe assign a string to a player and that'd be easier and less prone to "block evading". (But I'm not asking you to do that, I like it the way it is)

E.g: if my sig is "I like hats." Then the GLOBAL Linkify would assign that string to me and to me only. I'd just add "Morgan" to my block list and then Linkify would simply stop displaying the signature string for Morgan.

Again, I don't know how Linkify works internally, and I feel talkative tonight it seems :P

Oh and I'd like to stress:
Morgan said :
EDIT2: Never mind if it's too hassly...

03-Jan-2015 04:31:53 - Last edited on 03-Jan-2015 04:34:15 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I have thought of the idea of adding something to identify signatures when submitted.

The two main problems are...

- Signatures that are not added with RS Linkify will be ignored (one of the most complained signatures falls into this category).

- The censor can and will break a hidden character on other forum sections.

However I have been working on completely different approach that's giving encouraging results.

The way it works is the container that houses the post has it's height shortened.

For example: If my sig looked like this...

HTTP://puu.sh/e08jh.jpg

It can be blocked by adding 3 parameters to a sig block list.

1. The player name: "Indecent Act"

2. The height of the signature: "300" (I need a simple way for players to determine height)

3. A small sample of signature text (8 characters min): "my obnox" is enough in this case.

The result is...

HTTP://puu.sh/e08l3.jpg

If all 3 conditions (parameters) are met, no sig is visible.

The hard part is making an interface that allows for easy configuration. I hope to make so users can click and drag the bottom of the post, and position it so the sig is no longer visible, and then just click save. RS Linkify can get the name and some of the sig text on the fly.

I still have quite a bit to do before I can release this, but I have it working without the interface and so far it's been 100% effective. But name changes and changes to the signature will mess with it. But I think this is the best solution.

Back when RS Linkify was new, it had no signature facility and in all honestly I never wanted or intended to add it. It was (at the time) the most requested feature and that's the only reason I did it. I'm not saying I regret it, but writing new code to circumvent signatures is tricky, and I can't help feel there is an element of irony to all this :)

Anyway that's the plan for signature blocking. The advantage is it will work for all signatures and maybe have other uses too.

03-Jan-2015 05:12:21 - Last edited on 03-Jan-2015 05:16:14 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Iced Rng said :
And could i please get a title like,
Iced PvM
The noob

I'm sorry I missed that bit. Not sure if I read your post before the edit or maybe I'm just going blind :/

Anyway, your title is done now,

Go to: Settings --> Miscellaneous --> Refresh Titles, and you should be all set :)

03-Jan-2015 10:41:56

Morgan

Morgan

Ah that sounds interesting, Indy. Never thought of it that way, maybe because I don't know how these forums work internally :P

Having the player manually select (and crop) the part of the post they want to block seems to be the best approach (if I understood correctly). It reminds me a bit of Adblock.

Okay I'm looking forward to it!

03-Jan-2015 16:09:08

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top