Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

MichaeISword

MichaeISword

Posts: 8,294 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
I've made a lot of progress with polls recently, it's getting there...

https://hlf-polls.appspot.com/1 (voting system not set up yet, but try submitting an incomplete poll and see what happens, I'm also trying to work out how to use history states)

I've rewritten everything a couple of times, its latest modular code structure should make it easier to manage.

Without any surprises, it shouldn't take too long to get the voting back-end to work, then I can start on the fun of setting up poll creation. There are a couple of other features I have sketched up that I may also add.

Then after complete error handling and some cleaning up it should be readyyy

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Thats pretty awesome looking lol. I'm just wondering if you are making this just because it looks more runescape like, or because there is something people do to tamper with strawpolls that they won't be able to with this?

11-Dec-2013 09:41:49

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MichaeISword said :
Thats pretty awesome looking lol. I'm just wondering if you are making this just because it looks more runescape like, or because there is something people do to tamper with strawpolls that they won't be able to with this?

I hope to have it embedded into posts when it's done, the look will hopefully make it feel natural when embedded. It's something that people have requested with linkify and I thought I'd give it a go as there are a lot of things to learn from making a poll web service. It's nothing to do with reliability of results, I'm not sure myself of all the ways developers make sure poll submissions are valid, so I'll be interested to see how it gets used when I'm done.

I don't know what to expect exactly, but if it ends up as a reliable way to have polls in HLF that work well embedded in the forums, then that'll be cool :)

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

11-Dec-2013 10:12:42

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
You're all so technical!

*gives my periodic coffee tithe*

Hope you're both having wonderful days :)

Thanks Keighlea, hope you are having a great day too :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM22 said :
Could I have a code for this?

http://puu.sh/5J8hT.png

Please and thank you! :)

Here you go :)

­­­­Harden­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10301.png­­10301­­­­

11-Dec-2013 10:25:21

MichaeISword

MichaeISword

Posts: 8,294 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
MichaeISword said :

I hope to have it embedded into posts when it's done, the look will hopefully make it feel natural when embedded. It's something that people have requested with linkify and I thought I'd give it a go as there are a lot of things to learn from making a poll web service. It's nothing to do with reliability of results, I'm not sure myself of all the ways developers make sure poll submissions are valid, so I'll be interested to see how it gets used when I'm done.

I don't know what to expect exactly, but if it ends up as a reliable way to have polls in HLF that work well embedded in the forums, then that'll be cool :)

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­

Oh I didn't know it was going to be embedded, thats awesome :D

11-Dec-2013 10:29:03

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ I haven't seen that myself, it looks like this property is disabled for some reason:

.threadView .replyButton, .messageAdd .quickReplyButtons, .messageEdit .quickReplyButtons, .threadAdd .quickReplyButtons, .threadEdit .quickReplyButtons, .threadView .quickReplyButtons {
position: absolute;
top: auto;
bottom: 9px;
right: -2px;
}

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

12-Dec-2013 01:41:59

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@MichaeISword, I have seen that, but only since the forum update. I just refreshed page and it was okay again.

Tbh I haven't looked into it because I'm hoping to have my complete rebuild of RS Linkify live very soon. If for some reason I get held up I'll go back and work on the current version. But for now I'd rather get this new one finished and basically kill two birds with the one stone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@lchimaru Gin, Here you go :)

­­­­lchimaru Gin­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10302.png­­10302­­­­

12-Dec-2013 03:51:58

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top