Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
Ooh, a complete rebuild?

Yeah it's needed. There is just too much that's been tacked on. I can do a better job so it's been bugging me for a while.

There wont be any real noticeable difference with one main exception, the side panel will be going, but not permanently. There will be other little things but they are mostly issues that I have picked up on (that no one seems to have noticed or commented on).

Updating and adding new features will be easier and any changes made to the forums will be easier to handle too.

I'll make sure I add a few new things before going live with the new build so it feels like a proper update :)

12-Dec-2013 04:13:09

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
Original message details are unavailable.
Quoting should now be fully fixed :)

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­

As you say that, trying to quote Mod Lyon took me to his profile instead of quoting him. :(

But the quote button worked fine for me on your post, so I don't know what happened!

Post in question is here , trying to click the quote button (the one that replaces the reply button) opens up his profile instead of quoting

Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

12-Dec-2013 15:49:29

J3
Jun Member 2017

J3

Posts: 3,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So after mod chrisso raided a thread and said this:

*puts on hat*

Thanks Nexus!

<script> var winwidth; var winheight; var population; fxpos=new Array(); fypos=new Array(); fsize=new Array(); frgba=new Array(); ffall=new Array(); initinterval=setInterval("Init()",(1000/20)); function Init(){ if(document.readyState!="complete&quot ;) {return;} clearInterval(initinterval); winheight=document.body.scrollHeight; population=winheight/20; for(i=0; i<population; i++){ flake$="<div id='flake"+i+"' style='position:absolute; z-index:255;'></div>"; document.body.insertAdjacentHTML("AfterBegin",flake$); Set(i); } setInterval("Snow()",(1000/20)); } function Set(j){ winwidth=document.body.scrollWidth; winheight=document.body.scrollHeight; ffall[j]=Math.round(Math.random()*5)+3; fxpos[j]=Math.round(Math.random()*winwidth-56); fypos[j]=-50-Math.round(Math.random()*winheight); fsize[j]=Math.round(Math.random()*20)+16; if(window.navigator.appVersion.slice(0,1)<5){frgba[j]="rgb(255,255,255)";} else{frgba[j]="rgba(255,255,255,"+(((fsize[j]-16)/40)+0.3)+&quot ;) ";} flake=document.getElementById('flake'+j); flake.innerText=String.fromCharCode(Math.round(Math.random()*2)+10052); flake.style.fontSize=fsize[j]+"px"; flake.style.top=fypos[j]+"px"; flake.style.color=frgba[j]; } function Snow(){ winwidth=document.body.scrollWidth; winheight=document.body.scrollHeight; for(k=0; k<population; k++){ if(fypos[k]+fsize[k]+ffall[k]>winheight-10){Set(k);} fypos[k]=fypos[k]+ffall[k]; xpos=fxpos[k]+Math.cos(fypos[k]/100)*25; if(xpos+fsize[k]>winwidth-10){xpos=winwidth-fsize[k]-10} flake=document.getElementById('flake'+k); flake.style.left=xpos+"px"; flake.style.top=fypos[k]+"px"; } } </script>

I DEMAND A TOGGLE FOR ALL THREADS!!
@J3sven

12-Dec-2013 21:55:24

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Keighlea said :
As you say that, trying to quote Mod Lyon took me to his profile instead of quoting him. :(

But the quote button worked fine for me on your post, so I don't know what happened!

Post in question is here , trying to click the quote button (the one that replaces the reply button) opens up his profile instead of quoting

Yeah that post is bad because in the script, he's mixing up two different languages for some odd reason. I assume it's not intentional but the script is throwing an error and this is stopping RS Linkify from doing its thing. He needs to remove the HTML tag out of the script.

Anyway I have worked out a method to ignore bad scripting issues in jmod posts that throw errors, and I have it working in my new version of RS Linkify. I won't be adding this to the current version because...well because it's a pain and the new build will be live pretty soon.

Thanks for pointing it out, even though it won't improve the current version, it has already improved my new version :)

The snow is a nice touch though :)

Jetthewyvern said :
Can you make a text to image code for the Armadyl symbol? :)
Yep, can you post a pic for me to use. I can resize and edit if needed.

Blasty said :
Quoting should now be fully fixed :)

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Third time lucky!

13-Dec-2013 01:49:20 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2013 01:52:11 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Yeah I know, sorry about that. You're right Amaethwr, it broke when they changed some stuff with the forums.

Tomorrow I plan on a big update. RS-Linkify Version 3. A complete rebuild.

- The post number issue will be fixed with an enhancement when using the posts link.

- Quoting is enhanced too, fixed some issues that no one has mentioned as yet. I'm hoping that's because no one noticed :)

- New forum reporting options, can report to either HLF help thread or Forum help. Both options are in right click menu, and the QFC's for both threads can be edited because I can't keep up with the changes in general forums.

- New Quick QFC's. Right clicking on the thread titles on main forum page and on sub forum pages brings up the QFC interface.

- I have fixed and improved so many little things I can't mention them all.

- Oh and I have done this...
http://puu.sh/5LiK4.jpg
Can fully customise the colours :)

This is the interface for colours in options page...
HTTP://puu.sh/5LjN9.png
Mouse over shows the colour names. That's every supported colour that the tags can use.

Most of the changes are behind the scenes, but I'm trying to throw in a few little extras so it feels like a propper update. I just need to do a little more testing with different combinations of settings to make sure it's ready, then I'll upload new version hopefully in about 12-16 hours from now.

It's actually the single biggest update to date. I feel I've neglected the current version, but I haven't had the time to keep up with both. I figure it's better in the long run if I prioritise and focus on Version 3. I appreciate everyone's patience, it's taken longer than I would have liked, but it's almost done :)

13-Dec-2013 14:28:20 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2013 14:46:21 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top