Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Profile page looks a lot nicer like that lol

Basically it's similar to how it was before. Should be out in tomorrow's update.

I still have a few things to tidy up but it wont take long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Ryan M, I noticed the script for BB codes (that you reported) didn't get changed this update. I was really hoping for that to be addressed. The only way I can circumvent it is do what I did before and re-write and handle all BB code events.

Not a big deal but it seems silly considering there is nothing to it on their end. Oh well I guess I'll put it on my to-do list.

07-Apr-2015 21:08:16

Sotox
Dec Member 2022

Sotox

Posts: 3,038 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
I've been browsing through the last pages and didn't find anything about this... every forum avatar that is not overrided with linkify is like this:

http://puu.sh/h5hyN.jpg

Is it only me?

nvm, it's working now

Indecent Act said :
I have a question for anyone who'd like to give some feedback.

Previously Linkify would indicate posts made by the author of the thread with an icon below the avatar.

I have just got this working again, but I'm unsure about what to use as an indicator.

if you mean this
http://puu.sh/h5glJ.jpg

you can just colour the circle edges with the rank colour (eg. bronze rank = brown edges). Also, you could use a progress bar, but I don't even think that's possible to implement it this way.

07-Apr-2015 22:23:27 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 22:45:56 by Sotox

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy, I don't know if this is intentional, but today Jagex made it so a few fonts are smaller. E.g: our names and titles. When I enable Linkify, the fonts return to their size pre-update.

Comparison:

Without Linkify
http://puu.sh/h5jVf.png

With Linkify
http://puu.sh/h5jTg.png

07-Apr-2015 22:52:06

J3
Jun Member 2017

J3

Posts: 3,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmm, how about using those post borders you were suggesting for OP in the relevant color of the postcount rank? And then reinstall the good old OP icon badge? It's only to be shown in specific threads anyway. It wouldn't bother me personally.
@J3sven

07-Apr-2015 23:11:12

Vegeto

Vegeto

Posts: 5,468 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
I'm assuming that Indy hasn't worked on signatures since Jagex has now added them as a feature :) (bottom of the "My Profile" page to set one, if you weren't aware)

-hugs for Indy- Sleep well ­<3
Indecent Act said :
Avogadro said :
Friggen meta-characters amirite?!

Tbh it was doing exactly what I was asking of it. I just didn't need to limit a match to the start of a string. At least it wasn't a escaping/literal issue, that would be embarrassing.

Vegeto said :
I noticed that signature support was removed at some point, any ETA for it being supported again? Perhaps I'm just missing the option somewhere! O_o

Thanks for taking the time to get everything working again after the forum update!

Hiya Vegeto,

With the forums supporting signatures things could get very ugly with two different signatures. So I don't intend on adding them, unless for some reason the forums stop supporting them.

Looks like Keighlea has pointed you in the right direction :)

Doh! Didn't realize that Jagex added them as a feature. :P
Want more ways to distribute combat experience? Check out this thread!
Combat XP Distribution Options

08-Apr-2015 00:04:23

Vegeto

Vegeto

Posts: 5,468 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
You definitely deserve the title Ryan M :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just been playing with the profile page

13 lines of JavaScript (tbh there is more CSS than JavaScript) made it look like this...

HTTP://i.imgur.com/GnyYIPx.png

It's the same information, same links, nothing removed. It's just laid out in a table rather than bunched together on left side.

I still need to make some adjustments but I'll probably have it as option in an update tomorrow, it'll apply to search threads and profiles.

+1 for updating the profile page to a table format. I like everything spaced out a bit more.
Want more ways to distribute combat experience? Check out this thread!
Combat XP Distribution Options

08-Apr-2015 00:05:15

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top