Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Aww.. thank you, Indy :P I love the colour and the hover-text, its great!

When I first read your post I was thinking "Powered by compost" or something but I prefer "Flower powered" :D

I'm glad you like :)

No way I'd have you associated with compost or any decomposing organic matter.

Tbh I should I have done this long ago. The badge's purpose is to serve as a reminder to you that I really do appreciate all your help and support. It comes with no obligations, it just my way saying thank you for being so awesome :)

Ryan M said :
That green is pretty nice and the not very noticeable but still noticeable star shine on the badges is very nice. Now that Linkify has taken over for JMod and FMod colouring, it makes my life slightly easier (less conflicts). Also thank you very much for the restoring of the last post. :)

I had to do a little extra something for the badge flip, something noticeable but not over the top. I think I found the right balance there so I've decided to not touch it again.

I expect it's been a pain running multiple scripts. Especially while Linkify is both changing daily and at the same time incomplete.

The restore last post might not get as much use as it did pre re-skin. I'm not sure but it seems our forum sessions don't expire as quickly. Though it's hard for me to be sure because I'm loading pages more frequently than usual. Still handy though, and I've been caught out a couple of times from forum updates/maintenance.

Also if there is anything I can do to help ease conflicts let me know. I'm sure there are things I can re-prioritise or change to make things a little less painful.

I'm off to get some sleep, but if you think of anything I'll reply in the morning :)

Edit: looks like I need work on mini avatars, something is not right but damn too tired atm :/

05-Apr-2015 18:22:51 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2015 18:30:00 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Couldn't go to bed knowing there was small mini avatar problem, so I've uploaded a fix (had to remove a "^" symbol from my regex because I'm silly and shouldn't code when I'm tired).

Google will publish Version 3.1.7.89 within the hour.

Now I can sleep!

Hugsss and Gnighhttt All :)

05-Apr-2015 18:39:55 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2015 18:40:56 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Avogadro said :
Friggen meta-characters amirite?!

Tbh it was doing exactly what I was asking of it. I just didn't need to limit a match to the start of a string. At least it wasn't a escaping/literal issue, that would be embarrassing.

Vegeto said :
I noticed that signature support was removed at some point, any ETA for it being supported again? Perhaps I'm just missing the option somewhere! O_o

Thanks for taking the time to get everything working again after the forum update!

Hiya Vegeto,

With the forums supporting signatures things could get very ugly with two different signatures. So I don't intend on adding them, unless for some reason the forums stop supporting them.

Looks like Keighlea has pointed you in the right direction :)

06-Apr-2015 04:14:55

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Signatures are still being awesome since I can still save up to 300 (200 normally) characters. ;)

This signature is slightly more than 200. :P
Ryan M
@RyanMakise

RuneScape Wiki
|
Linkify
|
Beta

^ Fansite Info link | ^ This | ^ Couldn't fit Feedback into the link

To be fair I don't think it's clear to many forumers about the signature being at the bottom of their forum profile. Although for some forumers it makes them happy since they can hide the signatures of others with their own CSS or custom adblock filter.

On another note, I'm trying to reproduce one of the most odd bugs of forum posting that has existed for years on new posts. That is, when you submit your post it will instead preview it .

06-Apr-2015 05:01:20

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

There are two things I have noticed with the preview kicking in. Though these are merely observations and may be just coincidental.

Post length and duration.

Post length: The longer the post the more likely it will preview on submit.

Duration: May be related to post length or vise versa. But if I type my message and come back later (15 min later or so) and click submit it will most likely preview.

I think of it more as a feature than a bug :)

06-Apr-2015 05:29:08 - Last edited on 06-Apr-2015 08:48:13 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top