Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
In the top right, it says I'm not logged in, however my linkify ava is showing at the 'My profile' section a little bit below it as if I were logged in

Yep I was aware of that, but I didn't much of it. I can stop it from showing when not logged in if it's a problem.

Linkify runs on the forums regardless of you being logged in or not. Though I need to update a few things to make some things work better.

For example see a post of yours here with out being logged in and you'll see your custom avatar and linkify badge.

Anyway if it's causing confusion I'm happy to disable it and have it only show when logged in :)

07-Apr-2015 07:30:16 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 07:32:01 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I have a question for anyone who'd like to give some feedback.

Previously Linkify would indicate posts made by the author of the thread with an icon below the avatar.

I have just got this working again, but I'm unsure about what to use as an indicator.

I think there is already enough going on with icons and such. The forum badge was what I used before. But that's getting busy with fmod, jmod, premium members, regular members, and then there's F2P that doesn't have a badge. I just don't want to go near that.

This is what I've been using while I've been developing it (just a soft edge around the avatar). This was just for testing purposes.

Screen shot of it working in the HLF General Chat Lounge
HTTP://i.imgur.com/htE8gRe.png

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love hear them. I'm looking for something that wont add more clutter and won't be glaring.

Really not sure how to go about this so I hope some people will share their thoughts :)

07-Apr-2015 07:40:49 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 07:45:17 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think an icon with a descriptive tooltip next to our names would be more informative than that :P Still, I don't mind any, although I prefer the former.

Oh and I LOVE this:
http://puu.sh/h4Hzd.png
and this:
http://puu.sh/h4HAi.png

07-Apr-2015 12:38:23 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 12:42:35 by Morgan

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Those are from today's forum update. To be fair now it's easier to read with the white text on the left of the forums than the JMod color. Maybe instead of coloring JMods on the latest reply, how about adapting the crown for it?

Also, hot damn they shrunk names and titles in vanilla forums. My eyes are bleeding.

07-Apr-2015 12:50:05

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Maybe instead of coloring JMods on the latest reply, how about adapting the crown for it?
Support! and okay, I didn't realise it wasn't Linkify :P

E: Love it that they changed the colour of links as well.

07-Apr-2015 12:52:21 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 12:55:18 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I just saw the lil crown. There must have been a forum update since I last posted. Wonder why F-mods didn't get a lil crown?

Looks pretty good, glad they put a means to get back to page one too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback on the author thing, still not sure what I'm going to do about it yet. It will be an option that will have to be set in settings. So there should be no misunderstanding what it is.

07-Apr-2015 12:59:34

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
Those are from today's forum update. To be fair now it's easier to read with the white text on the left of the forums than the JMod color. Maybe instead of coloring JMods on the latest reply, how about adapting the crown for it?

Also, hot damn they shrunk names and titles in vanilla forums. My eyes are bleeding.

I just noticed they didn't give it last post. Since the options for colour are already there I'll leave it for now. But I will add the crown to last post.

I'm finding this very hard to read, not sure if it;s just me though.
http://i.imgur.com/PGKqSVk.png

Look like a dog's breakfast to me, not meaning to be mean. It's just a perfect example of what not do.

07-Apr-2015 13:05:12 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 13:07:41 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top