Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
Yeah... it's still bad on My Profile. I'd think changing the forum and QFC colors to something... different would be much better.

HTTP://imgur.com/AgrTGYL.png

Hmmm not sure I agree (that's got to be a first). The way I see it is, more colours wont bring uniformity or symmetry. My thinking is the layout needs to change.

This is exactly what tables are meant for. People get all silly about them now because they were used inappropriately for layout. But when used properly they are a powerful and handy thing (that's why they are in HTML5). Putting that data into rows and columns is exactly what they are meant for and would make readability 100 times better.

Using divs and spans is using the wrong tools for the job imo, and in this case it really shows. People think it's not cool to use tables. I think the above image is not cool.

Anyway there is couple of nice touches with this update. I need to disable linkify and check a few things out, there might be some other pleasant surprises.

07-Apr-2015 13:18:03 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2015 13:40:18 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I can stop it from showing when not logged in if it's a problem.
Nah, its not a problem, really :P Just thought I'd point it out

Indecent Act said :
This is what I've been using while I've been developing it (just a soft edge around the avatar).
I quite like that, its nothing huge/in the way

On my clan's forum, we just have a small "OP" at the bottom of our signature area, and I think that's just as fine
http://puu.sh/h4JGr.png
Selective Completionist

07-Apr-2015 13:28:01

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Amaethwr that's perfect!

Thank you for pointing out the OP thing, I'm going to use that.

I knew it was good idea to ask for feedback. I don't even need to write extra options for something like that. I can just throw it in and it'll be fine I think :)

07-Apr-2015 13:32:19

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Well done with
gAmEbrEAkEr
title :)

I have removed your title, but it may take a few hours to update. I have yet to put a refresh titles button in settings. Titles update every 6 hours. So some time in the next few hours I expect you're in game title will show to all linkify users.

07-Apr-2015 15:26:46

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top