RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Body btw said :
this year is already 1/24th over :O time flies

Damn don't remind me, I'm already way behind with pretty much everything!

Also hiya Bodyy :)
Haha, same here and hello! I'm glad you appear to be doing well though, cheers :)
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

16-Jan-2016 07:46:19

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just utilized the ol' blacklist and felt very appreciative and had to come post here :)

edit: when can we expect that bookmark feature, if ever, or is it already out?

Just wondering, I love the idea of it, and I know I'll use it so much.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

18-Jan-2016 06:55:06 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2016 07:14:09 by Body btw

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Just utilized the ol' blacklist and felt very appreciative and had to come post here :)

edit: when can we expect that bookmark feature, if ever, or is it already out?

Just wondering, I love the idea of it, and I know I'll use it so much.

Amaethwr summed it up pretty well!

When I get home I'll be able to focus on it and hopefully get something happening pretty quickly.

The first release wont be available to everyone because I really need to see how it goes on a small amount of users. What happens after that will depend on how it runs and I expect to make additions/changes based on feedback too. Many unknowns at this stage so it makes it hard to give an ETA.

I'm glad you asked about it because it now means you have been signed up for the test version when I release it :)

18-Jan-2016 12:06:16

Pain Seeker

Pain Seeker

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Indecent Act...

Is there a way you can make a HighScores that takes into account virtual levels and ranks people by that? I know there's this one... http://www.indecentcode.com/hs/index.php?id=Masochist but I was wondering like, my level would be 2851, and a 5.2b would be 3120, curious what my rank would be with those total levels
@White_Partyhat
Follow for a Follow

I'm actually 12.

18-Jan-2016 17:57:28

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Pain Seeker said :
@Indecent Act...

Is there a way you can make a HighScores that takes into account virtual levels and ranks people by that? I know there's this one... http://www.indecentcode.com/hs/index.php?id=Masochist but I was wondering like, my level would be 2851, and a 5.2b would be 3120, curious what my rank would be with those total levels

I don't actually store virtual levels in my hiscore database, virtual levels are calculated on the fly so it makes comparing them with a large number of users beyond impracticable.

I know this isn't what you asked for, but it may be of interest.
http://www.indecentcode.com/hs/ii.php?id=Masochist
This page does almost the opposite of what you're asking, by ignoring all total levels and ranking players by the their XP alone.

This puts players who are normally ranked 50,000 overall in the top 50 because their total xp is huge. Example http://www.indecentcode.com/hs/ii.php?id =D rowns.

Total XP gives a bigger picture (imo) as opposed to a total virtual level. Another example is you only need to train (in theory) 20(ish) skills to achieve a virtual total level of 2,595. That number alone doesn't really tell us much about the account.

My hiscores are purposely XP based for the reasons stated above, however that doesn't mean I'm not going to budge on that. Unfortunately I don't have the data to do what you're asking. It's an interesting idea and perhaps I'll build on it in time.

18-Jan-2016 23:45:50 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2016 23:49:33 by Indecent Act

Pain Seeker

Pain Seeker

Posts: 1,161 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks @Indecent Act, and I hope you are able to make one if it's even possible, would be really neat to see, and thanks for the one you have, gives me a better idea of my actual rank
@White_Partyhat
Follow for a Follow

I'm actually 12.

18-Jan-2016 23:59:53

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It would be interesting to see the bookmarking eventually. Right now posting from my iOS device while waiting for my SSD to arrive to migrate my desktop HDD to that. Anyhow, whenever it goes live I'm sure there will be things that go in an unexpected way to fix. Kind of like attempting to make the ALog 3D script from RuneApps pass JSHint/JSLint and browser in-consistencies with styling.

I can't guarantee that I'd be able to test it in a timely matter given I've averaged less than 60 minutes game time a week since late August and less time on the forums.

19-Jan-2016 06:58:26

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Ryan M :)

Sounds like you've got a busy schedule. I can relate to that all too well!

New SSD, very nice indeed. I bet you can't wait :)

I don't use JSHint but I like JSLint. I haven't updated my code to their new version as yet and the live version of linkify fails miserably. My current test version passes on strictest settings except for some 'for' loops. That's the least of my worries though, I need to finishes this update.

Please don't feel any obligation in regards to the bookmarks update (or any other update for that matter), it's just going to be there to try it out if you wish. The main thing for me is to ease into it with only a few users. Depending on how it goes I might do the same for future updates too.

The actual bookmarks I have pretty much finished and I've been using for a while.

It's the history/profile stuff that's tricky, particularly with multiple tabs open all loading pages simultaneously. Since I need to save data on every page hit, avoiding clashes and race conditions has been a headache to say the least. But I'm getting there :)

I wish you all the best with the ALog 3D script, from what I've seen it's quite impressive indeed :)

19-Jan-2016 07:14:51

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top