Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the concept of this new interface system, but there's a few things that I'm not really fond of.. might just be me nit-picking.

*Like how it's a sidebar in the webpage itself and scrolling is pretty buggy.
*Also don't like how whenever you move to a section it shows all the threads within the page on the sidebar, imo it should just be a straight link to the different sections and leave the actual threads to the main area; otherwise it'll just be looking at 2 sides of the same page.
*Maybe minimize the space used at the top of the sidebar as well, or at least make the section at the top resizeable (spaces + lettering all in 1 resize)? The intro section is pretty much the whole top half of page on my screen.

=======================================

If there was any way to turn the sidebar into an actual chrome sidebar instead of being within the page itself (keeping how it's only toggle-able on the forums), I'd probably love it way more. That way it wouldn't push the main area over and just kind of overlap the blank section on the side.

I know this is just a beta but I'm just throwing a few things out there that I noticed pretty soon after checking it out. All the respect in the world for what you've done with Linkify (rare from me, trust me on that). ^_^

P.S.
I LOVE the page transitioning. SOO much smoother, though it's a bit buggy when clicking on threads sometimes, sometimes it doesn't work. Or if you click too fast when changing pages, but this one is expected because of the loadout.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

26-Nov-2013 15:58:08 - Last edited on 26-Nov-2013 16:43:30 by Klyntar

Jakir

Jakir

Posts: 4,506 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Toast, yes it all can be sold and people do buy it. From email addresses to how long you hover your mouse over an ad, to the ads you click on. Additionally the stuff which is not sold but still made available to the government includes full access to anything you ever posted or private messaged, or searched in a social network, the posts you typed out but then deleted, and everything you have ever google searched.

It is so much more than just targeted ads which are still creepy and it is very dangerous to let any organization have that much access into your life.

And you were still the one that went off topic when you changed things from talk about Linkify for Firefox to "omg Chrome is the best spyware evar".

It was a simple request I made. It has nothing to do with you. And I refuse to use Chrome on principal even if what I post on the forums is useless to them and also because it is a pain in the ass to switch between separate browsers for things. Any addon that works in Chrome can work in Firefox as Firefox uses the same platform but allows more access so I would appreciate it if someone could make it available. I would even be willing to donate funds to the project.

Once again you seem terribly misinformed and unaware of dangers I have previously posted about. Please stop wasting my time and drop this or at least listen to what I tell you. If not I shall start copying and pasting things I have already typed when you repeat incorrect information.

26-Nov-2013 19:02:52

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top