Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I went to Hard Mode K'ril for an hour since I got a greaters task and I managed to pull 57 kills/hour using Magic. My strategy was to open up with Vulnerability -> Corruption Blast -> wait a tick -> Metamorphosis -> build up to Asphyxiate + Wild Magic + Deep Impact, then finish off. He gave around 3k-3.9k Slayer XP last I remembered (XP given isn't on Wikia) and 10k combat XP, so that's 171k-222k Slayer XP and 570k combat XP. This isn't counting minions killed caught in the crossfire by AoEs, so Slayer/combat XP is higher than expected.

Gear I used is full level 90 with Virtus boots/deathtouched braclet, scrimshaw of elements, Inspiration aura, Arcane blood necklace, and noxious staff. Kills averaged around 1 minute, including respawn times, allowing for constant Metamorphosis per kill.

What are rates with Melee, for comparison's sake?
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

25-Sep-2015 23:46:23 - Last edited on 25-Sep-2015 23:51:49 by Evil Lucario

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the tests :) . When I did with melee I also got ~57 kills/h iirc. I don't remember that well, but I guess what I did was just bersek, build up to assault+destroy, then finish off with slaughter+blood tendrils+basics. And I wasn't using titan because I'm a noob and could use some food when I messed up walking, and because I was just going for soulstone. Essentially the kills are capped at 60/h anyway though, because of meta and bersek cooldowns (just like arma kills without shield/switching).

Including minions I'd guess the rate to be about 590k combat xp and like 240k slayer xp. Which is indeed better than normal mode when only considering those raw rates (and far better for pet hunting).

Overall efficiency-wise though, I made some calculations some time ago, normal mode was still better, because even though hm is better xp/h, its lower kills/h means less effigies/h (and since their combat levels are the same I assumed the effigy rates were also the same). Normal mode's increased effigy rate over compensated the slower combat rate.

I plan on start working on calculating that stuff again after dxp, with updated rates from new methods.

27-Sep-2015 00:46:05

Dumpster Cat
Mar Member 2021

Dumpster Cat

Posts: 3,158 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yo its Mitch said :
Could someone possibly explain the term 'weighting' for slayer tasks in 5yr old terms?

Thanks for any replies.

Imagine slayer list working as a numbered list, with slots 1-1000

Imagine that each point under "weight" means that the task would get its name written on that many slots, so when it choose a task, it picks from all of the slots that are filled, basically meaning the higher the weight, the more common the task.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

01-Oct-2015 13:50:36

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So it seems some rates will change again, due to today's updates.

From what I've read, Darklight not as good as pre-nerf, but no longer completely useless. I heard it's comparable to mage at kalgerions, and possibly good at waterfiends. I'd expect scythe to still be better at abby demons though. The crystal armour update and maybe sunspear might also affect rates a bit.

I have done two tests not related to those updates today though. I wanted to do one more waterfiends task with mage since my last one, and this time I got ~727 kills/h. For some reason I got an elves task (I think I accidentally removed elves from my block list), but I wanted to try it out since the rate on sheet sounded kind of low. And indeed, on cadarn with melee I got ~560 kills/h. Again, not close to being worth it because of the horrible combat xp/h.

-
Wise Thoth

P. S.: btw Lifer, you mentioned some time ago you were busy and weren't dealing with rs stuff much. Are you still "inactive"?

06-Oct-2015 00:42:38

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top