Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Fezzz

Fezzz

Posts: 14,552 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Follow said :
Although now that I think about it, preferring tasks I have slayer masks for is a bit of a waste... still got some empty spots on there anyway.

It's even better xp per hour with mask and preferred I'd imagine, right?

10-Jan-2016 22:50:46

Beet

Beet

Posts: 514 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is this the correct interpretation of exactly how tasks are assigned? Am I wrong about or missing anything, or is the exact mechanism not known?

The previous task is the task that was previously received, whether it was completed or cancelled.

Task #1 is randomly selected from all nonblocked tasks, with probability proportional to their weight. If the previous task was not preferred it is excluded from this selection.
Task #2 is randomly selected from all nonblocked tasks, with probability proportional to their weight. If the previous task was not preferred it is excluded from this selection. (Is task #1 excluded from this roll too, or can both rolls land on the same task? Or is it not actually 2 rolls and just a doubling of the weighting of each preferred task with 1 roll?)

If task #2 is preferred and task #1 is not preferred, task #2 is assigned to the player. Otherwise task #1 is assigned to the player. This is the first option shown.

The VIP task is randomly selected from all nonblocked tasks, with probability proportional to their weight. The task given as the first option to the player is excluded, even if it is preferred. The previous task assigned to the player is not excluded, even if it is not preferred.

12-Jan-2016 10:11:49 - Last edited on 12-Jan-2016 10:18:42 by Beet

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Excluding VIP tickets, tasks are generated on 2 rolls on all non-blocked/unlocked tasks. If the second roll is a preferred task, it will override the first roll, else you will get whatever was rolled first.

The vip ticket is a single roll and cannot be the same task as the above task.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

12-Jan-2016 16:08:51

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bumping thread so it's not removed from the forums, since some idiot decided to mass bump/spam dead threads.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

06-Feb-2016 05:00:17

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top