Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hm okay, 75% makes sense due to increased melee dps. I should sneak this in ahead of update :)

Edit: Appears that even with cannon and 75% melee exp, dark beast still ranks 3rd best in raw melee exp. That's a good thing for public to easily understand the prefer process.

05-Jul-2015 22:20:54 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 22:22:55 by Lifer

DT
Aug Member 2011

DT

Posts: 393 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
You can post your spreadsheet.

It's because I actually couldn't figure out how to get the 750 kills p/h at abby demons you did. I used drygores and demon deacon with flurry ability and got 604 kills (well, at least more than a month ago since I bothered to try them.) Seems like the 2h abilities are powerful.

You have to see my spreadsheet to understand why I chose automations over abby demons. You could notice that I (apparently incorrectly) measured abby demons to be 604 kills p/h so it came out as less melee exp per hour than automations. If it is indeed 750 kills p/h then obviously replace automations with abyssal demons as that's more exp than automations.

http://i.imgur.com/atTCQsT.png

I recorded 242 kills per hour with melee at celestial dragons, thus making it 4th or 5th best melee exp task depending on where the abyssal demons rank - so the melee exp alone is not exactly medicore.

With the current task list, the slayer to summoning exp ratio is 1:1.17 on dxpw without any other bonuses such as avatar for example.

Replacing automations with abby demons will add more to the summoning overkill, but the overkill is unavoidable. Moot point?

Anyway, I shall update abby demons to 750 kills p/h and fix the prefer list.

Keep in mind with the addition of adamant and rune dragons, you need 5 tasks minimum using Prefer + VIP tickets in order to break even on slayer points.

Melee on celestials? Gear and setup for that?

05-Jul-2015 22:43:33

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Just drygores & bandos as the minimum power armour, surgeon's ring, quiver 4 with overloads (I use supreme) + curses, and titan, thats 238 kills p/h with regular brawler's necklace. 242 kills is the highest I've done yet, with brawler's blood necklace.

Although, celestials are obsolete for max efficiency now unless you're behind on summoning!

05-Jul-2015 22:45:49 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 22:49:28 by Lifer

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Yes, didn't help too much because sometimes can't make the extra damage needed to kill it before it freezes you. (228 kills with blood nihil vs 238 kills with titan)

Titan seems to have 100% accuracy with their specs.

06-Jul-2015 00:01:36

Dumpster Cat
Mar Member 2021

Dumpster Cat

Posts: 3,158 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you give me a link to your table of all the slayer/combat xp per hour for different tasks? Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

10-Jul-2015 09:45:26

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top