Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dumpster Cat said :
Can you give me a link to your table of all the slayer/combat xp per hour for different tasks?
Check the second page of the spreadsheet, click on the "Detailed Analysis" on the bottom left (I presume it's on the same place for everyone) of the screen.

13-Jul-2015 00:28:24

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :
Why are waterfiends preferred again?

In Chaos Tunnels and Ancient Cavern on world 2, I find they spawn far too slowly.

~Portmaster Kags

Maybe too slow if you're using range. If you're using range, go to ancient caverns.

I use melee and they spawn fast enough for me to go clockwise around the center of the waterfiend room in the chaos tunnels.

They are preferred because they give 3rd best melee exp of any tasks.

13-Jul-2015 19:03:21 - Last edited on 13-Jul-2015 19:03:47 by Lifer

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Lifer.

For Abyssal Demons and Dark Beasts, are using the Demon familiars more DPS than Steel Titans (which have scrolls charged in the full, completely upgraded slayer helmet)?

I think buying thousands of high cost Demon scrolls would be too expensive, even as I freely use t90 power armor + royale cannon for all Slayer tasks.

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

13-Jul-2015 22:31:59

Llumys
Jul Member 2021

Llumys

Posts: 2,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know why I can't get paragraphs to work. My new numbers are ~1000 at Abyssal demons (changes: Noxious scythe buff, now using Summoning potions along with my Brawler demon+Ring of fire scrolls); ~950 at Dark Beasts (changes: Noxious scythe buff, now using Restocking cannon); and ~400 at Airut (now using Reaper necklace).

13-Jul-2015 23:05:03 - Last edited on 14-Jul-2015 08:18:57 by Llumys

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :
For Abyssal Demons and Dark Beasts, are using the Demon familiars more DPS than Steel Titans (which have scrolls charged in the full, completely upgraded slayer helmet)?

I think buying thousands of high cost Demon scrolls would be too expensive, even as I freely use t90 power armor + royale cannon for all Slayer tasks.

Depending on how active demon flash mobs during the day, the GE prices for deacon demons are very inaccurate and sometimes up to half of GE price.

http://i.imgur.com/uyiDIVk.png
http://i.imgur.com/PANUuni.png

Use steel titan for dark beasts. Only use deacon demons for abyssal demons. The deacon demons are not for dps. Their Ring of Fire scrolls has like 8x8 aoe attack which usually hits half of all abyssal demons in that area.

It's great for getting aggro, abyssal demons would herd around you and you'd use Nox Scythe AOE abilities to kill them very quickly :P

It's around 1,000 abyssal demons kills per hour with the 2h buff as said above poster. I should switch to brawler demons instead of deacon demons though.

15-Jul-2015 00:53:40

Llumys
Jul Member 2021

Llumys

Posts: 2,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
400 without an aura, using the Reaper necklace, the enchanted Hydrix necklace. The +3% accuracy is huge. I also use a Scrimshaw of attack, and will be using at Superior scrimshaw of attack once I unlock them.

I actually didn't know the Knock-out aura was a thing. I'll try it out on my next task. Wouldn't extending the Berseker aura be far better, though?

After more testing, a safe number for Dark beasts is 900, but 950 is definitely possible with proper spawn manipulation.

I can consistently get ~1000 kills at Abyssal demons using Summoning potions conservatively, but I definitely think 1100+ is possible with perfect control of the familiar. I should note that roughly 10% of the combat experience is magic if Summoning potions are used.

If you're curious, you should check out the profit and farming calculations I've done:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10dmInY1s322Kbi9TXxr3McA1eDfwK1YAn9pozqW6rXg/

15-Jul-2015 10:10:27 - Last edited on 16-Jul-2015 00:19:39 by Llumys

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top