Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You shouldn't be killing minions. After the kill count, you'd get roughly 125 kree'arras left to kill. You just need 200 kree'arras to get 40 charges - so you can use soulstone every other task and sometimes back to back.

Edit:

Asterisks are when you use soulstone to enter

175 *
225 *
150 *
200 *
125 *
175 *
225 *
150 *
200 *
125 *

So there's an initial start up, but then each cycle (8 tasks long) you get 5 out of 8 tasks with soulstone :)

22-Jun-2015 17:35:49 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2015 17:48:50 by Lifer

Pryda
Mar Member 2014

Pryda

Posts: 782 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
You shouldn't be killing minions. After the kill count, you'd get roughly 125 kree'arras left to kill.

Never heard about that before tbh.
If we assume 60 kills per hour, not killing minions is a "loss" of 60k slayer xp per hour.

If we take the time spent for getting killcount up, and get 6.8k slayer xp it ends up with roughly 55 kills per hour, which would then give an hourly xp loss of just under 60k

I have not done any timing for this, but I use numbers that I remember from doing around 2.5k kree kills on task :)
over here

22-Jun-2015 19:18:57

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Unless you're going for pure slayer exp, slayer exp is not the important factor.

Consider melee exp for example, there's no abyss equivalent for melee (700k-800k exp per hour - although maybe with airuts and 2h buffs)

So it's important to make sure the melee to slayer exp ratio is 2:1 or get as close to without going under. This means 400m melee exp for getting 200m slayer (200m attack and 200m strength.)

This is the prime reason shadow creatures are skipped since they are never efficient to do unless you're going for pure slayer exp. Shadow creatures are 350k slayer exp p/h sure, but the combat exp is far below at 250k+.

You'd end up with 200m slayer but not 200m exp in melee skills, you'll spend even more time getting those melee skills up to 200m after 200m slayer compared to getting all of them at the same time.

So that being said, Kree'arra is important - kree'arra is 400k range exp per hour which is lacking compared to abyss, but the effigy drops are important. I think effigies are around 1/115 and they save on average 0.7-ish hours per effigy which translates to saving 0.7 hours per kree'arra task pretty much.

That amount of time saved is definitely worth more than 60k exp so you'd want to focus on kree'arra :p

If it weren't for effigies, kree'arra wouldn't have been considered at all, moreso for k'ril too.

Wise Thoth is the expert on this though.

Basically, to go back to what I first said. Maximize combat exp per hour and time saved, then check the exp ratios and increase slayer exp per hour incrementally until the ratios are perfected.

22-Jun-2015 21:36:01 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2015 21:42:14 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The soulstones update sounds great! Finally no more wasting time on that annoying kc thing. For arma, it might be worth staying there for longer than only the task duration so that you can recharge the soulstone, considering arma seems to be - for now - the most efficient way to train range/magic. Effectively, you would just be saving combat training time from later on (and that's the same reason it seems to me it might be worth killing the minions on task too).

But going a bit into hard mode. From what I've seen, mage/range may not be worth it for the xp on hard mode even when kiting (but I still want to talk to more people about it and try it myself) - that is, it seems you can't get kills fast enough for it to be better than normal mode. The xp from 60 nm kree kills is equivalent to 52 hm kree kills; you would have to get at least ~42 seconds hm kills for hm to be better, and most people seem to average well over 1 minute (though it is still worth going there for the soulstone anyway).

As for hm zammy though, there is a similar method for melee (which requires more effort and practice though) in which you can actually get fast enough kills so that it is worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEVjZLLKLIs (and note he was even using bunyip). From what I've looked around for now, no one got nearly as fast kills with mage (let alone with range - which has the extra disadvantage of no equivalent to meta or berserk). But it might be possible to get something better. Regardless, this brings some interesting changes for xp rates, specially for melee.

On another note, you guys are fast to update the sheet :o new calculations look nice ;) .

-
Wise Thoth

23-Jun-2015 04:12:36 - Last edited on 23-Jun-2015 04:14:13 by Yewnock

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Have you considered making a spreadsheet for most efficient Slayer XP? I know my (currently planned) list is airut, elves, Kal'gerions, celestial dragons, shadow creatures, dark beasts, and muspah, but could there be any improvements to that?

Would like.

It's hard to tell with so many tasks w/o xp rates.

30-Jun-2015 19:06:46

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
Evil Lucario said :
Have you considered making a spreadsheet for most efficient Slayer XP? I know my (currently planned) list is airut, elves, Kal'gerions, celestial dragons, shadow creatures, dark beasts, and muspah, but could there be any improvements to that?

Would like.

It's hard to tell with so many tasks w/o xp rates.

I think this is something we can easily do. I know Lifer was asking for any info on kill rates for those tasks without data earlier in the thread. After that info is put into the sheet, anyone really can easily play with preferring/blocking tasks to output maximum Slayer xp, as well as maximum Summoning (charms), or whatever combat you are trying to maximize (Ranged/Magic/Melee).
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

30-Jun-2015 19:20:07

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Evil Lucario said :

At work so can't access google drive.

It appears you probably have too many tasks such that you're getting more than enough points needed to cancel tasks, and sometimes having too many options lowers the exp rates.

Unless you're going for slayer points.

Airuts definitely. Kal'gerions definitely, shadow creatures definitely, elves definitely, and muspah definitely.

That's probably enough for break even.

Try using the sheet and in put those tasks as preferred task.

Block dark beast and greater demons as I think they're the only ones non-preferred that has higher than 10 weighting.

Then block 5 random tasks with 10 weighting and cancel/unlist everything else.

Look at the total percent % and see if it is just above 48.4% for break even.

If it is too high, try discontinuing the least slayer exp contributing task (look at the experience table further down the sheet) and run through the policy for blocking/unlisting/cancelling. See slayer points breaks even still.

30-Jun-2015 19:58:23 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2015 20:03:11 by Lifer

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top