Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Incite

Incite

Posts: 874 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Really love the spreadsheet @Lifer and AoDude, I was just wondering what the optimal prefer list would be now? Been getting a lot of contradictory views on whether everything should be meleed or not now.

Would appreciate some help in solving this debate as I want to achieve 200m slayer as efficiently as I can.
Leeches4sale - RSVP a
Solak
leech and save 10%

27-Aug-2015 05:28:41

PyraTheAegis
Jan Member 2005

PyraTheAegis

Posts: 9,215 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oberyn said :
They're planning to add zily and graardor to slay tasks... will we ever get a break with all these additional ? will they every remove some of the more useless tasks
Don't forget those 3 monsters which won the Runelabs will most likely be slayer tasks too.
Member of the Kalos Elite Four and Team Flare.

27-Aug-2015 14:08:03

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Incite said :
Really love the spreadsheet @Lifer and AoDude, I was just wondering what the optimal prefer list would be now? Been getting a lot of contradictory views on whether everything should be meleed or not now.

Would appreciate some help in solving this debate as I want to achieve 200m slayer as efficiently as I can.

With the Scythe/Hally changes, Melee can achieve similar rates to what mage/range could in the abyss before. For a short time Mage was considered to be the slowest abyss, but it appears that may not be the case. I think that change is pushing tasks to be in more of a balanced state (where the combat style doesn't matter as much as it used to).

As I am sure you can see we are pushing to make changes to include a much broader range of combat styles as choices. We are currently collecting a lot of slayer data/kill rates/ect, to improve the sheet to where we can have a full picture, and help guide everyone to the better rates, and give everyone a way of tweaking their own styles and mix of prefers/blocks to optimize whatever they are after. (Slayer xp, Summon xp, GP, Style Specific Combat xp, ...)

So, as far as an all around most-optimal Prefer/Block list, it is not known at the moment due to the semi-recent changes to combat (and the new slayer creature we don't currently know the weight for). But I can assure you, it is something Lifer and I are working on...
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

27-Aug-2015 16:13:00 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2015 16:20:48 by AoDude

PyraTheAegis
Jan Member 2005

PyraTheAegis

Posts: 9,215 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oberyn said :
They're planning to add zily and graardor to slay tasks... will we ever get a break with all these additional ? will they every remove some of the more useless tasks
I'd remove Desert Strykewyrms and Iron Dragons.
Member of the Kalos Elite Four and Team Flare.

27-Aug-2015 16:24:58

Renz
Mar Member 2010

Renz

Posts: 1,987 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PyraTheAegis said :
Oberyn said :
I'd remove Desert Strykewyrms and Iron Dragons.

Why not group all metal dragons and all strykewyrms together in separate distinct groups? So delete the 5 metal dragon tasks and intoduce one metals task with an appropriate and high weighting to balance this. Pretty much the same they did with polypore creatures for block/prefer would work.

Also, why is there no toggle for shapeshifters like most quest related monsters? #inconsistencies
Meow!

27-Aug-2015 19:02:18

Llumys
Jul Member 2021

Llumys

Posts: 2,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's so disappointing that all these new interesting tasks provide such awful experience rates.

I prefer killing mobs with higher health and interesting mechanics than slaughtering 1,000 of a trash mob, but all of the recently introduced tasks have consistently yielded such terrible combat experience.

I'd like to know the reason behind this.

27-Aug-2015 20:30:24

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top