Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Beet said :
Kags said :
Beet said :
Nice job on the sheet, it's been very helpful optimzing my prefer/block lists.

However I feel your airut kill rate is significantly off - I always kill them at a rate of at least 500/hour. My last task I did at a rate of 513/hour (169 in 19:46, not even using all best in slot gear). The other tasks my rates are in line with what you have on the sheet, this is the only one I've noticed a significant difference on.

I guess not picking up drops? Could you upload a video next time you do an airut task?

~Portmaster Kags

Here is a (poor quality) video. Accidentally started recording after one kill. On a side note the new melee accuracy aura seems to be about equal to master knock-out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGwtQn46oo
Nice video. If I remember well Lifer didn't take drys switch and Llumys didn't use flurry during berserk (Llumys removed his videos though, so I can't recheck). I presume that's what caused the difference.

Regarding the new melee aura, I think it should actually be better. It's kind of hard to calculate because the airuts' defence varies with lp. But I think the supreme brawler aura can easily surpass master-knockout's around 4.5% dps boost; specially considering you'll often kill the airuts before they reach 15% lp. But well, I guess only testing it will answer it for sure ;) I unfortunately don't have enough loyalty points yet.

27-Oct-2015 19:01:23

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

AoDude said :
I got the new slayer aura that came out today. It has me thinking about how to most effectively use it...

Things that come to mind are:

Eddimu: since you have to be on task to kill them and they are quick, so you are more likely to extend your task by a good amount. (also the average task takes about an hour, so you will fully utilize your aura)

Rune Dragons: although probably not the greatest of ideas, their rare/valuable drops are still locked behind a slayer task. Though they take a long time to kill, so you wont extend your task very much at all...

Maybe you force your daily tasks with slayer masks and do a Dark Beasts and then a Abyssal Demon task back to back to try and fill an hour...

What sorts of ideas do you guys have/how will you use the new slayer aura?
Personally, I'd most likely use it for gwd tasks. But I don't plan on getting it on any time soon. Unless you are entirely focused on slayer, I feel like other auras are more useful in general ;) .

27-Oct-2015 19:04:13

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Also, just a quick note, I've been talking to some people, and it seems it's possible to achieve around 850k xp/h base using scythe at Saradomin's encampment at gwd, which is pretty good, and ahead of magic's ~780k xp/h and range's ~750k xp/h at the abyss. Which means, melee xp should no longer be the preference for slayer. That may be a bit annoying, since some tasks relied strongly on scythe's AoE damage; but I don't think it will be very hard to adapt anyway.

And about ganos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4YlhMrixVw.

27-Oct-2015 19:16:14

agen
Oct Member 2011

agen

Posts: 2,597 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Also, just a quick note, I've been talking to some people, and it seems it's possible to achieve around 850k xp/h base using scythe at Saradomin's encampment at gwd, which is pretty good, and ahead of magic's ~780k xp/h and range's ~750k xp/h at the abyss. Which means, melee xp should no longer be the preference for slayer. That may be a bit annoying, since some tasks relied strongly on scythe's AoE damage; but I don't think it will be very hard to adapt anyway.

I won't believe the saradomin encampment rates until i see it because in my experience you take way too much damage there

Did some of the new wyverns and they give extremely good slayer and combat xp for how quickly they die but until it's figured out how to camp there for atleast a whole task consistently without having to give up too much speed then it's a skip in my books.

Also, rate this -waterfiends +celestials +abyssal demons

http://puu.sh/l6E2U.png

04-Nov-2015 08:00:45

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Original message details are unavailable.
won't believe the saradomin encampment rates until i see it because in my experience you take way too much damage there

Did some of the new wyverns and they give extremely good slayer and combat xp for how quickly they die but until it's figured out how to camp there for atleast a whole task consistently without having to give up too much speed then it's a skip in my books.

Also, rate this -waterfiends +celestials +abyssal demons

http://puu.sh/l6E2U.png
Firstly, for the sara encampment method (actually lower than the 850k I mentioned earlier, but still good): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WeeJI4aXM. Possible changes to this video which could help a bit are supreme ovls, zealots and familiar (either steel titan or one of the demon familiars for AoE).

I haven't yet tried wyverns because I've noticed this habit from jagex of releasing a new task and then changing it later (like increasing xp from shapeshifters and edimmus). But I'm glad to hear they are good, at least if it's possible to actually camp them.

I've been avoiding working on "ultimate" prefer lists because I want more info, but just some quick things about your list is that I'd include glacors (they are very good - I know you are already 200m mage, but it's still better than sara+scythe). I'd also remove muspah instead of waterfiends, since wfs are better xp and charms, and can be ranged efficiently (unless you're going for afk-ness). Btw, don't forget celestials are only really good with summ pots.

If you do care about effigies, arma and k'ril tasks are really good, and could replace dark beasts and waterfiends.

On the current list I'm pretty sure the average combat xp/h doing slayer is still better (proportionally, when distributing between all styles) than normal combat training, so I didn't consider great exclusive slayer xp tasks (like kal'gerions or elves). Though that's one things I want to calculate more carefully.

05-Nov-2015 03:14:54

agen
Oct Member 2011

agen

Posts: 2,597 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Firstly, for the sara encampment method (actually lower than the 850k I mentioned earlier, but still good): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WeeJI4aXM. Possible changes to this video which could help a bit are supreme ovls, zealots and familiar (either steel titan or one of the demon familiars for AoE).

I've been avoiding working on "ultimate" prefer lists because I want more info, but just some quick things about your list is that I'd include glacors (they are very good - I know you are already 200m mage, but it's still better than sara+scythe). I'd also remove muspah instead of waterfiends, since wfs are better xp and charms, and can be ranged efficiently (unless you're going for afk-ness). Btw, don't forget celestials are only really good with summ pots.

Thanks for the vid on sara encampment.

I had actually forgotten all about glacors so I'll definitely include those over muspah (as you said I'm already 200m magic and want to focus as little as possible on def + muspah give no charms). At this point it's a decision between waterfiends and celestials but I think I'll keep waterfiends because summoning pots are annoying and expensive and wfs are a better combat:slay ratio.

I'm keeping kalgs for the time being because I just really like doing them for some reason but I've completed the trim req and they're shitty combat:slay so there's not that much of a reason to keep them there for much longer so I'll see how that goes.

My block list is currently this. Am I right in just assuming I should block the tasks with the highest weights that I don't want to do?

http://puu.sh/lbaGl.png

06-Nov-2015 05:43:14

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

agen said :
I'm keeping kalgs for the time being because I just really like doing them for some reason but I've completed the trim req and they're shitty combat:slay so there's not that much of a reason to keep them there for much longer so I'll see how that goes.

My block list is currently this. Am I right in just assuming I should block the tasks with the highest weights that I don't want to do?

http://puu.sh/lbaGl.png
Yep that's right. You can remove desert strykes from that list since they are 7 weighting. Then just choose other 4 tasks with 10 weight (could be like edimmus, black demons, grotworms and dagganoth) to complete the list and block elves (because of their 12 weight).

I personally find kal'gerions fun too, and I've been wanting to try them again since darklight update and new aura. But I'm waiting until I have enough points for supreme brawler (why must loyalty points be so slow to get :@ ).

06-Nov-2015 16:55:20

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top