Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Llumys said :
It's so disappointing that all these new interesting tasks provide such awful experience rates.

I prefer killing mobs with higher health and interesting mechanics than slaughtering 1,000 of a trash mob, but all of the recently introduced tasks have consistently yielded such terrible combat experience.

I'd like to know the reason behind this.

Inverse experiential kill rates with linear xp rewards...
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

27-Aug-2015 21:05:54

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Incite said :
Really love the spreadsheet @Lifer and AoDude, I was just wondering what the optimal prefer list would be now? Been getting a lot of contradictory views on whether everything should be meleed or not now.

Would appreciate some help in solving this debate as I want to achieve 200m slayer as efficiently as I can.
The calculations and testings are not yet done; but with the info we currently have, airuts (melee), abby demons (mage) and glacors (mage + equilibrium aura) are the best tasks atm, since they give better than abyss combat xp rates. To complete the list, I'd do waterfiends and dark beasts; so that you have a positive points balance.

If we consider effigies though (as I mentioned a few times on this thread previously), the most efficient tasks would be greater demons (zammy), aviansies (arma), airuts, abby demons and glacors. Before this week's new task, you still had positive points balance with this, I'm not sure how it stays if we include that.

Also, Lifer/AoDude, you should include the combat xp reward for abyssal demons and the other slayer tower tasks with special slayer contract.

-
Wise Thoth

28-Aug-2015 19:52:51

DT
Aug Member 2011

DT

Posts: 393 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Incite said :
Really love the spreadsheet @Lifer and AoDude, I was just wondering what the optimal prefer list would be now? Been getting a lot of contradictory views on whether everything should be meleed or not now.

Would appreciate some help in solving this debate as I want to achieve 200m slayer as efficiently as I can.
The calculations and testings are not yet done; but with the info we currently have, airuts (melee), abby demons (mage) and glacors (mage + equilibrium aura) are the best tasks atm, since they give better than abyss combat xp rates. To complete the list, I'd do waterfiends and dark beasts; so that you have a positive points balance.

If we consider effigies though (as I mentioned a few times on this thread previously), the most efficient tasks would be greater demons (zammy), aviansies (arma), airuts, abby demons and glacors. Before this week's new task, you still had positive points balance with this, I'm not sure how it stays if we include that.

Also, Lifer/AoDude, you should include the combat xp reward for abyssal demons and the other slayer tower tasks with special slayer contract.

-
Wise Thoth

I'm just wondering, which combat style should I use against Dark beasts and Waterfiends?

28-Aug-2015 20:10:18 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2015 20:10:39 by DT

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

DT said :
Yewnock said :
Incite said :

-
Wise Thoth

I'm just wondering, which combat style should I use against Dark beasts and Waterfiends?
That is actually one of the things that are still in need of further testing. But I'd say melee dark beasts and range waterfiends.

28-Aug-2015 21:28:50

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Tenebri said :
atm im just wanting chrim charms

so on pref i have wfs celes abys airuts and only do those tasks

ban is whatever highest weighted are apart from them
Sounds good :) but did you check if that puts you over 48.4%? Also, any specific reason for only crims and not blues? I actually ask that only because I'm a fan of glacors and they are great for blues ;)

29-Aug-2015 20:08:37

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top