Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
I have edimmu/dbs/abyssal/airuts preferred and do all dragons/shadow/ganos, rest skips/blocks.

If I don't use vip tix, is this a good idea?

For clarity, you don't have the dragons/shadows/ganos preferred; but you do them if you get them, right? I would need to know your block list, to see how much weight is removed from your task pool.

It also depends on what you consider being a good idea... Like are you going for pure slayer xp, or are you trying to be efficient with your combat, slayer, and summoning xp. For instance, from what you are saying, you are skipping/blocking waterfiends which is one of your best sources of crimson charms in the game.

Edit: Ok, assuming you have your block list as [ascension members, black demons, daganoth, elves, greater demons, grotworms, nechryel] and these unlisted [Aquanites, Glacors, Muspah, Nihil, Tormented Demons] you will have a 53.15% chance of getting a task you would do. Since that is higher than 48.4%, you should be able to cancel tasks and be able to earn points on average. (assuming RNGesus isn't smiting you with bad luck)

I can't figure out xp rates/ratios right now without significantly rewriting the calculations to include "Completing". But as far as points to cancel, you should be good.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

18-Jun-2015 15:49:41 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2015 16:24:35 by AoDude

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AoDude said :
Kakamile said :
I have edimmu/dbs/abyssal/airuts preferred and do all dragons/shadow/ganos, rest skips/blocks.

If I don't use vip tix, is this a good idea?

For clarity, you don't have the dragons/shadows/ganos preferred; but you do them if you get them, right? I would need to know your block list, to see how much weight is removed from your task pool.

It also depends on what you consider being a good idea... Like are you going for pure slayer xp, or are you trying to be efficient with your combat, slayer, and summoning xp. For instance, from what you are saying, you are skipping/blocking waterfiends which is one of your best sources of crimson charms in the game.

Edit: Ok, assuming you have your block list as [ascension members, black demons, daganoth, elves, greater demons, grotworms, nechryel] and these unlisted [Aquanites, Glacors, Muspah, Nihil, Tormented Demons] you will have a 53.15% chance of getting a task you would do. Since that is higher than 48.4%, you should be able to cancel tasks and be able to earn points on average. (assuming RNGesus isn't smiting you with bad luck)

I can't figure out xp rates/ratios right now without significantly rewriting the calculations to include "Completing". But as far as points to cancel, you should be good.

Ah, nifty! And yes I'm killing wfs. Thanks.

18-Jun-2015 18:27:41

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pryda said :
I did it in the dungeon with the agility shortcut, close to the place where you get down to the bottom floor theres 3 spawns + runts(same xp but bad drops).
I think its the same place as you used to cannon safespot them pre eoc, I'll try to take a screenshot when I'm able to.
For gear I used nox staff, virtus ovls and mage turmoil.
I also picked up drops so maybe it could be even faster, however while picking up drops I still had to wait for some spawns, which limits the kill rates.

The method also depends on the 3 spawns actually being there, so if they have walked away you have to find them or hop to another world.

That's what I did but with subj instead of virtus and I never picked up drops. Could you re-test your kills per hour because 400 p/h seems so far fetched lol...

18-Jun-2015 19:17:26

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
block list
grifolapines
bloodeld
lava stry
warped terrorbirds
grilaroos
waterfiends
black demons

i really should remove some since don't think elf city gives some them tasks :P

prefer

Glacors
black dragons
ascension members
avianisies
gandoermic
edimmu
rune dragons
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

18-Jun-2015 20:27:04

Aud XD
Jun Member 2022

Aud XD

Posts: 432 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Pryda said :
I did it in the dungeon with the agility shortcut, close to the place where you get down to the bottom floor theres 3 spawns + runts(same xp but bad drops).
I think its the same place as you used to cannon safespot them pre eoc, I'll try to take a screenshot when I'm able to.
I also picked up drops so maybe it could be even faster, however while picking up drops I still had to wait for some spawns, which limits the kill rates.

The method also depends on the 3 spawns actually being there, so if they have walked away you have to find them or hop to another world.

That's what I did but with subj instead of virtus and I never picked up drops. Could you re-test your kills per hour because 400 p/h seems so far fetched lol...

i get 384 kph using nox, turmoil, and extreme magic every 6 mins. don't remember which location i did it in, but just near the rope in the closest way to get to the bottom i think. oh and that's with picking up most drops

18-Jun-2015 20:39:28 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2015 20:39:47 by Aud XD

Pryda
Mar Member 2014

Pryda

Posts: 782 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Pryda said :

Are you sure you were killing all three and not just two? Only two spawns slows the kill rate down a bit :)

I cant really test atm because I'm busy with exams
over here

18-Jun-2015 21:51:32

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

I killed all 3, there's a spot in resource dungeon that has 3 beasts with a 4th one bit out of the way + runt spawns. Admittedly, I didn't kill runts because there was always a beast around to kill. If anything, runts get killed from dragon breath mainly.

I still can try your spot, but don't count on me coming back to this task lol.

Use xnote stopwatch

http://www.xnotestopwatch.com/

It has programmable hotkeys for starting and stopping the timer, and also a hot key to reset it.

Start the timer at the moment you first attack and end timer when task complete message is shown. Subtract 1 second for the reaction time to pause the timer.

Convert time to seconds. Divide the number you had to kill by those seconds.

Then multiply by 3600 to get kills per hour (rounded down.)

18-Jun-2015 22:24:50 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2015 22:28:26 by Lifer

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wacky Farmer said :
block list
grifolapines
bloodeld
lava stry
warped terrorbirds
grilaroos
waterfiends
black demons

i really should remove some since don't think elf city gives some them tasks :P

prefer

Glacors
black dragons
ascension members
avianisies
gandoermic
edimmu
rune dragons

er, not at all, look @ the list page one.

bloods, grifos, terrorbirds I'm sure are outdated.

19-Jun-2015 00:59:57

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

News:

Due to the addition of addy dragons and rune dragons, the top 4 tasks are no longer break even (because of the added weights to overall weighting - we need a new block slot!)

To solve this, we need to add 5th prefer task:

Airuts
Waterfiends
Dark Beasts
Celestial Dragons
Automations

All together, they account for 51.97% of total weighting, which is enough for little over break even :)

Edit: Greater demons still need more research - counting on Wise Thoth

19-Jun-2015 03:02:33 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2015 03:11:45 by Lifer

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top