Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AoDude up to some neat ideas again:

More compact spreadsheet, separated detailed analysis (since it's basically just a page of data.)

You can adjust each and every single task accordingly (prefer, block, cancel, unlist, complete) and see how experience rate changes!

Also can choose between prefer and prefer + vip.

Beta spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/puyuNLy.png

19-Jun-2015 04:31:17 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2015 04:31:37 by Lifer

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good explanation of the spreadsheet if anyone doesn't understand.

Lifer said :
H alo said :
Lifer, why do you block edimmu? Aren't they excellent xp AND gp?

Edimmus are roughly 412k range exp, 235k slayer, and 40k summoning exp per hour. Also is about 5m gp/h, considering that you kill 268 per hour.

However, the spreadsheet is geared towards absolute efficiency - with absolute focus on melee exp, since they're more valuable over range and magic on the way to 5.2b exp. Money is not considered in slayer. You get money from other sources such as merchanting.

This means we minimize the task list as much as possible to a point we cancel consistently until we get the desired melee tasks.

In order to achieve that, we need to break even on slayer points. So the desired set of tasks need to exceed 48.4% of total weighting in order to break even or gain slayer points to keep cancelling.

With that in mind, we have found top 5 tasks that minimizes the task list, while maximizing melee exp and slayer exp per hour and keeping summoning about half of the slayer exp (so it is used on dxpw.)

The top 5 melee tasks are:
Airuts
Waterfiends
Dark Beasts
Abyssal Demons
Automations

(These tasks offer the top 5 best melee exp p/h of any tasks, in order from top to bottom.)

All together as preferred and with VIP tickets, they account for 51.97% of total weightings, which is just over break even. This means you can exclusively do just those 5 tasks and still gain slayer points to cancel.

The block list is then:
Elves
Greater Demons
5 tasks with weighting of 10 of your random choice

This is why edimmus are blocked, because edimmu has weighting of 10, and it's randomly chosen to be blocked.

Edit: Exp rates of doing the top 5 tasks altogether:

234k slayer exp, 559k melee exp, 124k summoning exp per hour

19-Jun-2015 06:24:18 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 22:34:31 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I tried ganos some time ago I averaged ~430 kills/h, without cannon, using abilities with nox staff + subj + ovls + torment. I do want to try it again using legacy barrage though (momentum used to be op there after eoc release, so worth trying it out).

Also, good job on the new spreadsheet :)

-
Wise Thoth

19-Jun-2015 23:18:23

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top