Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Llumys
Jul Member 2021

Llumys

Posts: 2,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haven't looked at your spreadsheet in a while. Here are some comments. You're probably aware of a lot of this, but I'm just making sure it's all covered.

- Abyssal demons are at least 1000 kills per hour with magic, no scrolls.

- The Ring of Fire familiar special attack always deals magic damage, regardless of which demon familiar is being used. (referring Abyssal demon familiar damage type)

- I think you forgot to change the familiar damage contribution for Kree'arra from 10% to 5%

- Black demons should be cannoned, but I don't have any rates right now.

- 24 is far too low an hourly kill rate for the Queen Black Dragon. 30 is a decently conservative number.

- Kal'gerion demons are easily at least 190 kills per hour with magic.

- Adamant dragons, Black demons, Edimmu, Elves, Gargoyles, Grotworms, Iron dragons, Mithril dragons, Nechryael, Nihil(?), Shadow creatures, Vyrewatch, and Shadow creatures need to have Steel titan contribution added. Muted jadinko need to have their Demon familiar contribution added.

- Gold and green charm rates should be added. If you don't want to go through the wikia, you can check out my spreadsheet.

17-Aug-2015 14:48:20 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2015 14:49:32 by Llumys

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Candy Crush said :
is the list on the first post still applicable?
From what it appears of abyss magic exp being the slowest of 3 combat styles, yes it is still applicable as the most time-efficient.
Magic slowest? I'm pretty sure it's still the fastest at abyss, albeit most expensive (and annoying) too. Regardless, the list still sounds reasonably applicable, considering abyssal demons (magic), airuts and glacors have better combat rates than abyss training. Looking at the rates though, it seems to me dark beasts (melee) and waterfiends (melee/ranged) would be best options to complete the list since both have close to abyss xp rates (that is, if ignoring effigies at gwd).
Llumys said :
- Gold and green charm rates should be added. If you don't want to go through the wikia, you can check out my spreadsheet.
I guess it's worth adding for the sake of completion, but I wouldn't personally use them; I think blues+crims should be enough for 200m summoning with that task list and some charms from abyss ;) .

17-Aug-2015 16:35:13

Llumys
Jul Member 2021

Llumys

Posts: 2,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Magic slowest? I'm pretty sure it's still the fastest at abyss, albeit most expensive (and annoying) too. Regardless, the list still sounds reasonably applicable, considering abyssal demons (magic), airuts and glacors have better combat rates than abyss training. Looking at the rates though, it seems to me dark beasts (melee) and waterfiends (melee/ranged) would be best options to complete the list since both have close to abyss xp rates (that is, if ignoring effigies at gwd).

700k melee/h with scythe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h2NJvtnmIk

750k ranged/h with chins, dummies (AFK): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXtRzTr8AM

As far as I know, magic is somewhere between 550k and 650k magic/h.

And you're right about Airut, Glacor, and Abyssal demons being definite choices for the list.

However, approximately three of the five prefers need to be magic tasks in order to cover most of 99 to 200m magic.

I think Dark beasts (melee or ranged) and Watefiends (magic) are the best choice.

Yewnock said :
I guess it's worth adding for the sake of completion, but I wouldn't personally use them; I think blues+crims should be enough for 200m summoning with that task list and some charms from abyss ;) .

I wouldn't recommend using them either. Just for completion is right. :p

17-Aug-2015 17:18:20 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2015 17:22:11 by Llumys

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Llumys said :
As far as I know, magic is somewhere between 550k and 650k magic/h.
I posted this a few days ago, not sure if you saw it: Yewnock said :
What, abyss 550k xp/h? That's only on the afk method. Since we are talking about maximum efficiency, you should REALLY consider the not afk method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buLHHjPuqa8

The sample is of only 3 minutes, but he got 45783 defence xp on that time. That equates to ~916k xp/h. Even taking out avatar bonus and raf, that's like ~785k xp/h (talking of which, are you sure Joffrey's rates do not include neither?). So yea, it's too realy to switch the whole slayer preference to magic :p .
The point of the video is not to serve as a proof of the xp rate, only to show the method. But 900k xp/h (with the mentioned bonuses) still sounds pretty possible considering how repetitive it is; even if 3 minutes is a small sample I wouldn't imagine it would change much.

17-Aug-2015 21:41:36

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Llumys said :
Recorded 147 regular and 2 elite Edimmu in 35:15 with melee. ~254 kills per hour.

I botched the elite kills a bit, and I'm pretty sure I could improve the kill rate to at least 270.

I think I'll keep trying to improve the rate before I upload anything, unless Potato on Rs would settle for a sloppy recording.

It will actually be hard to get 270, I've been averaging ~258 kills/h for a while, good luck :P

17-Aug-2015 22:49:29

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Llumys said :
Vyrewatch

Done the rest, I'm not sure if vyrewatch can be hurt by familiars.

Llumys said :

The overhead of expanding the sheet is sorta a lot to include those :/ One day maybe.

Yewnock said :
Magic slowest? I'm pretty sure it's still the fastest at abyss

I forgot that video existed lol. I wish there'd be more info on it.

17-Aug-2015 23:02:14

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm really curious what the actual wyrm drop rate is for lava wyrms.

My KC is currently 7,600 with the following drops:

Heart: 2
Spike: 3
Scalp: 2

Total of 7 drops in 7.6k so far - all kills are 100% slayer only.

Finding hard to accept the rate is 1/512. This could be just RNG playing against me, or the drop rate is far rarer than expected.

I guess sample isn't too great yet. I'll know more when my KC gets higher.

20-Aug-2015 13:51:29

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top