Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
AoDude said :

I probably will consider adding abyssal demons so the summoning ratio can keep up.

Edit: But first, I'll see if I can find time to update the weightings with the prefer probability equation. It may make the current percent chances of desired tasks higher towards 48.4% because:

I think doubling the weighting is linear increased chance (the incorrect way that was done on the sheet,) while your equation is exponential so probably better chances. Hopefully will be done tomorrow.

Edit 2: How do you calculate the non-preferred tasks that are cancelled though? just task weight / total adjusted weight?

Assuming your preferred task took precedence over a canceled task, there would be no way to account for that... Also with vip tickets if you get your preferred task you will choose it and it will take preference over the other cancel task. So individually there doesn't seem to be a way to give a good chance on cancel tasks.

You can take 100% minus the sum of all of the preferred task chances to find out the percentage of cancel tasks though...

Need to think on this more...

Edit: Think I have it figured out... We would need to solve for the "and" instead of the "or". So the equations from before were figuring out how to get at-least one heads on two flips; now we are looking for both flips to be tails.

Or Formula:
=1-(Rate_To_Fail_1) * (Rate_To_Fail_2) :: Ex. 1-(1/2)*(1/2)=3/4 chance of flipping at least 1 heads

And Formula:
=Rate1*Rate2 :: Ex. 1/2*1/2=1/4 chance of flipping both tails

So to apply this to slayer tasks:
Prefered
Base Chance
=( weight_of_task/Non_blocked_weight)*(total_canceled_weight/Non_blocked_weight)

VIP =( weight_of_task/Non_blocked_weight)*(total_canceled_weight/Non_blocked_weight) *((total_canceled_weight-weight_of_task)/(Non_blocked_weight-weight_of_task))
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

16-Jun-2015 07:12:23 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 20:41:33 by AoDude

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AoDude said :

VIP= (weight_of_task/Non_blocked_weight)*(total_canceled_weight/Non_blocked_weight) *((total_canceled_weight-weight_of_task)/(Non_blocked_weight-weight_of_task))

Since I'm considering VIP tickets, I'm assuming this equation is to be applied to cancelled tasks? Thanks for it :p

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We're trying to get the magical 48.4% break even after all. For some reason, my office blocked google drive so I can't edit it.

16-Jun-2015 18:40:12 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 18:41:42 by Lifer

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Correct, for figuring the chance of an individual cancel task. Might be a case that you would prefer a preferred task, but you might take a specific cancel task to boost yourself above the 48.4%.

Anyway, I thought that was what you were asking for... Like you would accept an abby task, even though it isn't preferred, if no other preferred tasks comes up.

The vip formula is looking a little off though... That is assuming we get the task in the first roll; another cancel task in the second roll; and another cancel in the vip roll. Need to add the possibility of getting it in the vip roll.

Logically it should look like this instead:
Chance of Task = (Task & Cancel & Cancel) or (Cancel & Cancel & Task)
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

16-Jun-2015 19:46:34 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 20:43:03 by AoDude

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AoDude,

In the top left, I have the Prefer + VIP ticket formula as you prescribed.

Top right in the green color is the total prefer list.

At the bottom, adjusted total weight is the total non-blocked weight.

Does it look right lol?

http://i.imgur.com/3hKylAq.png

16-Jun-2015 23:56:04 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2015 23:57:19 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is the best info we have atm:
AoDude said :
Some Rune Dragon info you might want for your spreadsheet:

Tweet from Mod Stu:
50-75 runedragons/task, degrade to glacor boots, not dust, early bird bonus x2 task chance, x5 elite spawn.

My Question:
Can you reveal the task weighting by chance? Is it more 2x kalgerion task, or 2x dark beast task? Stack with preferring?

Mod Stu's Answer:
Normally same as strykewyrms, mithril drags, gargoyles. For next 2 weeks will be double that. Stacks yes.

Inferring that the weight of the task will be "8"

17-Jun-2015 00:34:21

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top