Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Shadow Creatures, I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqcxY5Mdudc. But as Lifer said, it's not worth it for max efficiency towards 200m all because of the bad combat xp; they are only good if going for pure slayer xp.

The wrath ability is nice, but I doubt it will make that much of a difference on the xp rates, because of it's long cooldown and because it over-kills most slayer creatures.

Also, Lifer, mind adding me in game please?

-
Wise Thoth

07-Jun-2015 20:39:03

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With Tuska's Wrath, I've been finding kills per hour to be increased by 4%-8.3%. It's been the case with dark beasts, waterfiends, and automations so far.

This does make sense because:

- It's a basic ability, more adrenaline for thresholds to be used on other targets
- Basically guaranteed instant-kill so the time saved is used to kill more targets

Edit: 8.3% increase on black demons.

07-Jun-2015 21:32:51 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2015 23:03:10 by Lifer

Renz
Mar Member 2010

Renz

Posts: 1,987 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So now addy and rune dragons will be added to morvran, I'm excited to check them out. Won't probably change too much of the prefer/block list.

But kinda wished they'd swap iron/steel dragon tasks with the new metals instead of just adding two more tasks :( .
Meow!

11-Jun-2015 15:20:12 - Last edited on 11-Jun-2015 15:20:41 by Renz

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some Rune Dragon info you might want for your spreadsheet:

Tweet from Mod Stu:
50-75 runedragons/task, degrade to glacor boots, not dust, early bird bonus x2 task chance, x5 elite spawn.

My Question:
Can you reveal the task weighting by chance? Is it more 2x kalgerion task, or 2x dark beast task? Stack with preferring?

Mod Stu's Answer:
Normally same as strykewyrms, mithril drags, gargoyles. For next 2 weeks will be double that. Stacks yes.

Inferring that the weight of the task will be "8"
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

11-Jun-2015 17:56:02

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting, thanks for the info on new dragons. Personally, I don't have very high expectations on them as good slayer tasks. The most recent slayer tasks they released (edimmus, shadow creatures, lava wyrms, elves) were not that efficient tasks for overall xp (though elves/shadows are great for pure slayer xp), so I'm expecting something similar. Also, it sounds like they will take long to kill (specially if rune dragons require dfs), which also gives me a kind of bad feeling about their xp.

Regardless, we'll have to wait and see ;) .

-
Wise Thoth

P. S.: another reason for me to not be that excited is that it means more work on slayer sheet :@ lol.

12-Jun-2015 01:41:37 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2015 13:54:40 by Yewnock

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top