Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
I haven't yet tried steel titan because some friends of mine said the steel titan often attacked minions instead of the boss

This is a problem at kree'arra I noticed, but I have fixed it by simply commanding it to attack the boss :P Just have the attack command on the action bar and click on boss.

I'll get back to answer more.

Edit: Adjusted effigy time saved with 130k rc exp p/h

28-May-2015 02:25:34 - Last edited on 28-May-2015 03:49:50 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea, tbh, I think I was simply being somewhat lazy to go test it out heh ;) . I'll give it a try eventually, and compare to the xp/h and kills/h with avatar to check which one is better.

Also, I need to leave now, so I'll most likely only answer again tomorrow after I return from uni, so sorry in advance for the delay.

-
Wise Thoth

28-May-2015 03:03:53

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

That's okay, I'll just post here for you to read in future.

_______

Hm actually, there's nothing to answer more to. If k'ril is really 500k+ melee exp p/h (which I think it includes killing minions yeah? Then it will replace celestial dragons, but the main concern is having enough charms for 200m summoning (on dxpw.)

Greater Demons are replacing a high charm dropping task with a very low charm dropping task in exchange for 70k more melee exp (which is possibly overkill if you train str and attack only all the way to 200m slayer.)

That and an effigy every hour and 35 minutes saving 44.5 minutes of training on average, which if you bring it down to an hourly rate, it's 28 minutes saved every hour.

Your sheet might shed more light on this with additional precision.

Here's the sheet though:

With Celestial dragons:

http://i.imgur.com/5VA9keL.png

Greater Demons Replacing celestial dragons (Assuming you also kill 72 Tstanon Karlak's) :

http://i.imgur.com/938NL1g.png

Few observations:
- Decreased slayer exp, takes longer to reach 200m
- Increased melee exp, increased overkill on melee exp?
- Summoning is slower than slayer, even on dxpw
- Since greater demons contribute to 22.92% of an hour compared to other tasks, 22.92% * 29 minutes saved per hour from effigies = 6.4176 minutes saved per hour overall.

The effigies MAY or MAY NOT make up for the downsides of including greater demons.

Note: The prefer list I have atm exactly mirrors dragonseance's suggestion, and evidence seem to back it up. He didn't explain why greater demons isn't included however.

28-May-2015 03:05:37 - Last edited on 28-May-2015 13:58:19 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Firstly, yes, that is killing minions too, forgot to answer that last time ;) .

The main problem of my calculations for now is that I completely ignored summoning (me being lazy again :P I need to stop this, lol). I planned on including it after I was done testing the tasks' xp rates and combat+effigies rates, but that took longer than I expected. However, it should be noted that your current calculations are based almost completely on melee xp preference, which might not be accurate with the "updated" melee xp rate from zammy (in fact, from the incomplete testings I have atm, computing the effigies time saved, arma is ~892k mage xp/h and zammy ~882k melee xp/h). And that's exactly why I took a break on slaying to test the combat xp rates: they directly affect how you calculate efficiency in slayer. If the difference between the rates is really that small, then maybe some tasks like glacors and muspahs which can only be maged but are very good xp might be higher on the list; which can solve the melee xp overkill (even though that is more efficiently solved by adding arma to prefer list), and make some changes on the summoning calculations. Plus, it makes other tasks (such as celestials or waterfiends) even better, since you do not need to use melee.

All in all, we will only conclude if the effigies make up for it once we update the slayer task list when considering the combat+effigy rate from gwd.

-
Wise Thoth

29-May-2015 03:27:44

Renz
Mar Member 2010

Renz

Posts: 1,987 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Took another look at your spreadsheet, got a few questions (from a more casual viewpoint):

- Did you figure in the use of cannon at dark beasts and black demons? If not, why?
- Why no love for shadow creatures (you didn't even test them)? Just because they have a 10 weighting?
- What about the new ability?
Meow!

04-Jun-2015 18:55:58 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2015 13:08:27 by Renz

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Renz said :
- Did you figure in the use of cannon at dark beasts and black demons? If not, why?

I didn't find cannon to be necessary largely because they don't give melee experience when they should be highly valued. Cannons are to be viewed as getting aggro. Slayer exp isn't the focus here. Additionally, the two npc's you've mentioned attacks from afar so it's a little moot, using barge ability is wonderful to get around :p

If you aren't melee, sure, use it.

Renz said :
- Why no love for shadow creatures (you didn't even test them)? Just because they have a 10 weighting?

I tested them, but didn't put them down because it's too variable. You can kill manifests faster than it could spawn so you'd end up killing other types of creatures hence where the variability comes from.

However, due to low combat exp and high slayer exp it offers, it isn't worth figuring the variability. Even though slayer exp is very high from them, gaining pure slayer exp isn't very efficient. A perfect ratio would be 2 melee exp for every 1 slayer exp i.e. 200m attack and str for 200m slayer. Defense would be trained in the abyss via magic.

Also, you'd want summoning to slayer ratio to be 1:1 or better if you train summon on dxpw.

I'd recommend doing shadow creatures only for the Penny pet.

As a final note on that topic, the spreadsheet only calls you to do only the 4 tasks that is on prefer list and cancel/block everything else for best efficiency. (It's still a work in progress.)

Renz said :
- What about the new ability?

It will definitely increase the kills per hour, I'll update the kills p/h when I get around to using it but you should know that Tuska's Wrath ability works on every slayer task so the outcome of each task is relative. I.e. there shouldn't be some task that suddenly becomes better than other tasks due to the new ability.

07-Jun-2015 18:14:43 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2015 18:20:44 by Lifer

Wave Goodbye

Wave Goodbye

Posts: 544 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
If you want kills per hour on shadow creatures:

380 (magic + titan + focus on manifest)

386 (half truthful/half blissful + magic + titan)

Was getting 300k slay exp/hr easily with melee/titan. 100% prefer shadow creatures if trying to maximize slay exp/hr

07-Jun-2015 19:02:56

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top