Forums

Comp Vs Castle Wars

Quick find code: 259-260-774-66078190

UrekMazino
Aug Member 2023

UrekMazino

Posts: 7,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanid said :
I have more legit games played than you have afked, people that actually enjoyed the minigame look at people like you with contempt. You don't even think (or care) about how the cw trim req impacted the minigame in a negative way and you seriously think that because you boosted a minigame that you achieved something, it's pathetic.

I never once called it an achievement, I never looked at it as such, I merely called it a gatekeeper to whiny crybabies who feel entitled to keep a cape that they aren't willing to maintain. I'm also so glad you made the assumption that you've played more legit games than I have, because it not even a relevant argument and it only goes to show that you don't have an actual argument to make.

You seriously think that know me and think that you're better than me just because you believe you have played more legit CW games than I have, it's pathetic
°l||l° Modest Skillers T7 Citadel | Skilling clan recruiting players. °l||l°
•ï¡÷¡ï• Cwar United for CW games/Ardy task/Trim req. •ï¡÷¡ï•
120 Summoning Familiar ideas .

17-Feb-2019 13:10:21

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not the one making poor arguments on the forums for a dumb trim req and being an obvious troll in the process, so yeah I'd say I'm objectively better than you.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

17-Feb-2019 14:11:09

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
Thing is: The old requirement made sense as an unlock - but they've seen how unbelievably dumb it was (I mean who the hell had the idea to have players grinding out 5k games?). Second thing is: The current requirement doesn't even make sense for anything, but a plain minigame achievement (what was completed again by talking to some dude in a random armour?).

So: They should re-add unlocking all 5 CW (yes all 5 this time) capes, but reducing the game played requirement to 50/100/500 (which for itself still would be a steep time requirement of 8 days played non-stop) - and move talk to lanthus in profound to the minigame achievements. It really shouldn't be content is to remain broken due to some players going bonkers just at the thought of implementing QoL stuff to said content, as it could invalidate their 'achievement' - not to speak of actual nerfs.

The 5k games was what the player Castle Wars did. The original requirements were based on everything Castle Wars accomplished.

21-Feb-2019 17:38:29

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Rikornak said :
Thing is: The old requirement made sense as an unlock - but they've seen how unbelievably dumb it was (I mean who the hell had the idea to have players grinding out 5k games?). Second thing is: The current requirement doesn't even make sense for anything, but a plain minigame achievement (what was completed again by talking to some dude in a random armour?).

So: They should re-add unlocking all 5 CW (yes all 5 this time) capes, but reducing the game played requirement to 50/100/500 (which for itself still would be a steep time requirement of 8 days played non-stop) - and move talk to lanthus in profound to the minigame achievements. It really shouldn't be content is to remain broken due to some players going bonkers just at the thought of implementing QoL stuff to said content, as it could invalidate their 'achievement' - not to speak of actual nerfs.

The 5k games was what the player Castle Wars did. The original requirements were based on everything Castle Wars accomplished.

Okay - fair enough to see where those numbers came from (albeit I still don't get it why the designer hadn't questioned himself what the requirement for the x games played capes actually meant). But I still think it should be drastically lowered - as I said to 50/100/500 games for unlocking the individual capes - I know that still will be way past the tolerance some players can give to this minigame - but it should be highly preferably to either having some random non-completable as requirement (as now) - or removing CW entirely.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

21-Feb-2019 18:35:44 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2019 18:42:18 by Rikornak

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Even though I never bothered getting trim, I honestly think nothing should be done to make getting cape or keeping cape easier. It is basically a difference of particle colors only. It was for showing off you did more of a grind than others. So do the grind or afk it. Take your pick.

22-Feb-2019 19:27:53

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Even though I never bothered getting trim, I honestly think nothing should be done to make getting cape or keeping cape easier. It is basically a difference of particle colors only. It was for showing off you did more of a grind than others. So do the grind or afk it. Take your pick.

My issue is the current requirement is a random non-completeable - nothing is completed by talking to some guy when having a random piece of armour equipped. It sorta fits as an achievement, while other things that would be actually completeables (hint: that word is included in the name of the cape) aren't requirements or not even acknowledged as plain achievements.

The old requirement at least was focused on a completable - getting that 5k wins cape. That number of course is extremely arbitrary, it is absolutely asinine (well - like most of CW's rewards of course), but well - it unlocks a cosmetic and thus would be completable.

Don't forget - the comp cape rework is supposed to fix that broken mess, making it follow guidelines instead of having requirements bumped on or not just because some designer felt like it (or not): That includes moving requirements from comp to trim, from trim to comp, removing them from either cape (spoiler: Talking to lanthus in some armour isn't the sole thing which should just be an achievement as it neither unlocks something nor would be a completable), converting fitting regular achievements to requirements for either cape, even including stuff that just isn't acknowledged at all.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

22-Feb-2019 22:11:10 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2019 22:22:55 by Rikornak

Quick find code: 259-260-774-66078190 Back to Top