Forums

Comp Vs Castle Wars

Quick find code: 259-260-774-66078190

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keep Castle wars on the cape.

If you don't want to do Cw and want it removed, you're not a completionist, plus thousands have already done the requirement, even if it isn't appealing. It wouldn't be fair to remove it making everyones work completely wasted.

YOU want the cape, so go afk/play Cws.

It's been a debate for years, but only the ones who argue about it, are the ones that should never have gone for the comp.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

23-Jan-2019 22:16:51

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Having cw as a trim req just ensures people will join games just to afk them. The game was much better when people who actually wanted to play the game showed up.

I stopped wanting to play CW when half the team on both sides just sat at the castle spinning while only a small amount of people actually played the game. How is that fun for anyone involved?

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

24-Jan-2019 06:05:06 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 06:09:27 by Cyanid

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thing is: The old requirement made sense as an unlock - but they've seen how unbelievably dumb it was (I mean who the hell had the idea to have players grinding out 5k games?). Second thing is: The current requirement doesn't even make sense for anything, but a plain minigame achievement (what was completed again by talking to some dude in a random armour?).

So: They should re-add unlocking all 5 CW (yes all 5 this time) capes, but reducing the game played requirement to 50/100/500 (which for itself still would be a steep time requirement of 8 days played non-stop) - and move talk to lanthus in profound to the minigame achievements. It really shouldn't be content is to remain broken due to some players going bonkers just at the thought of implementing QoL stuff to said content, as it could invalidate their 'achievement' - not to speak of actual nerfs.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

24-Jan-2019 06:31:18 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 06:37:06 by Rikornak

Faro

Faro

Posts: 207 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
They should re-add unlocking all 5 CW (yes all 5 this time) capes, but reducing the game played requirement to 50/100/500 (which for itself still would be a steep time requirement of 8 days played non-stop) - and move talk to lanthus in profound to the minigame achievements.

Support
First Maxed 8th March 2014, First Comped August 2014

25-Jan-2019 12:28:28

Esploratore
Apr Member 2006

Esploratore

Posts: 1,675 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Suggested number of games for capes:

200 for the Hobbyist cape
400 for the Enthusiast cape
800 for the Professional cape
Flag and Kills capes remain the same

Include unlocking all 5 for comp (achievement or w/e name is decided upon). Show Lantus the profound armor for trim or specialized minigame cape if that turns out to be a part of a new cape concept.

25-Jan-2019 17:55:11

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Esploratore said :
Suggested number of games for capes:

200 for the Hobbyist cape
400 for the Enthusiast cape
800 for the Professional cape
Flag and Kills capes remain the same

Include unlocking all 5 for comp (achievement or w/e name is decided upon). Show Lantus the profound armor for trim or specialized minigame cape if that turns out to be a part of a new cape concept.

Basically you're trying to re-locate the problem from trimmed to comp. While the CW req currently takes much, much, much more time than everything else combined (ignoring the pure difficulty of actually managing some other content), you're trying to put a time lock of 306 hours (or almost 13 days) pure game time on the regular comp cape.

I just don't get it why players are so out of touch having a feeling for the time needed for that stuff. Sure as a trimmed req it wouldn't make so much of a difference to my numbers, but regular? Sorry, just nope. Setting time aside, it's just a cosmetic unlock, why should it even be regular comp in the first place?
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

26-Jan-2019 07:34:06 - Last edited on 26-Jan-2019 07:40:40 by Rikornak

Mr Rey Ray
May Member 2016

Mr Rey Ray

Posts: 6,274 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanid said :
Having cw as a trim req just ensures people will join games just to afk them. The game was much better when people who actually wanted to play the game showed up.

I stopped wanting to play CW when half the team on both sides just sat at the castle spinning while only a small amount of people actually played the game. How is that fun for anyone involved?

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

Back then the games were fixed and still are today, so alot of players join AFK Fcs to get the requirement. I remember Clans would manipulate the game, so no it wasn't as fun as you're describing here.
| Leader of IVY Click here for Account Help | An International Pvm/ Skilling Clan |
Guest in our Clan Chat for an Invite

26-Jan-2019 13:40:10

Quick find code: 259-260-774-66078190 Back to Top