existing skills to lvl 120

Quick find code: 259-260-506-65890319

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lil Oos said :
what are you on about?

other skills are limited and only cb skills can go to 120 cause we gonna get t99 weps and "things will only go higher"....

How about using runecrafting and smithing, AND crafting .... to over time craft pieces that can actually make t98 or something, so if you don't want to boss, you can invest your time into skilling and crafting a weapon. Runescapes crafting system is a joke and could be 1000x better & more useful.

They couldn't balance combat when we only had T70 weapons. Let alone balance with the T92 weapons. Combat is a total mess now.

28-Jul-2017 00:33:33

Zefski

Zefski

Posts: 351 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think
Summoning Lvl 120
could be potentially awesome (...providing it gets a proper update unlike the cack-handed 120 slayer update).

Lots of scope to add new familiars and introduce a new type of charm. New familiars unlocked by quests, slayer level, etc...

30-Jul-2017 17:07:14

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
What people actually forget about Dungeoneering, before the nonsense of sinkholes and challenges, is that it was actually a form of raids. They could of done so much more with it.

When sinkholes came out, I thought it was going to be these awesome dungeons springing up spontaneously that you would then explore with some friends for some good XP/neat loot. I was very mistaken...

When raids was going to come out, I naively thought the same think I did when sinkholes came out but this time I thought "so NOW they are going to do what I expected with sinkholes but possibly even bigger!" I was extremely mistaken.

Now when Jagex announces anything that sounds even remotely good, I take out every other word in the news post until it looks as shitty as it'll be.

30-Jul-2017 17:11:33

J-A-W-A-D

J-A-W-A-D

Posts: 363 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah bumping skills to 120 is such a great idea considering the great job they did with slayer. They just raised the cap but you got nothing to fill in that gap from 99-120. 91m xp grinding for what? heck even magister is at 115..

Was is worth grinding to 120 for corrupted versions of creatures already in game and Akh's?

02-Aug-2017 19:27:28

EagleSunrise

EagleSunrise

Posts: 2,150 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
No. Please god no.

Grinding skills for months on end is no fun at all and it's this type of mentality that has destroyed RS - where everyone thinks they have to get 120/200M all just to fit in/feel like they're good.

Really miss the times people actually played for fun, rather than just finding out the most efficient methods for things....

This.

If we are not happy with 99, it is only a matter of time before people become dissatisfied with 120 and start proposing further level increases.
Helping one person might not change the whole world,
but it could change the world for one person.

03-Aug-2017 13:18:45

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
can't say i noticed a difference between virtual 120 slayer and actual 120 slayer, so updating this for any other skills seems both entirely pointless and entirely harmless, so i don't care either way to be honest beaversquad

04-Aug-2017 09:57:05

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No pls. They already encourage end game content far too much... :(
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

03-Mar-2018 14:26:25

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That will probably be the day I quit, but to be honest I barely play RS3 anymore anyway so no real loss for me but I'm sure there would be a massive community backlash

Personally, I don't have the time to be able to invest in 120 skills (I'm very slowly working on DG with dailies and Slayer is pretty much abandoned for the time being)

The only reason I can see that Jagex has such a hard-on for 120 skills is so they can sell more exp lamps on SoF and I don't think raising skills to 120 is a healthy solution for the game, especially if there are gaps still left in the skill between 99 and 120 like with Slayer
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

03-Mar-2018 18:33:48

Quick find code: 259-260-506-65890319 Back to Top