Forums

existing skills to lvl 120

Quick find code: 259-260-506-65890319

Manks
Dec Member 2008

Manks

Posts: 9,112 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think each skill will eventually be increased to 120, but only when there's a point to do so.

With the Deep Sea Fishing update, it's bumped up skill requirements for Fishing/Cooking near the 99 mark. If they want to go any further in the future, it will probably result in those becoming Master Skills.

11-Mar-2018 20:24:33 - Last edited on 11-Mar-2018 20:25:41 by Manks

Leta
Jan
fmod Member

Leta

Forum Moderator Posts: 25,401 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've always been against skills to 120.. But after taking a look at how many players are max xp now (For any who like me haven't looked in a fair while, it's A LOT) , I'm beginning to think that this may be necessary for the future of the game, as much as I'd personally dread it. Before invention and 120 slayer came out I had trim and was struggling to find things to do. So, even though I don't like many skills enough to want to get them to 120, this would give me something to do if nothing else. Slayer is one of my least favourite skills, yet here I am, slaying, right now.

They may as well just do all skills rather than one at a time. One at a time would mess up a lot of markets and over-saturate training methods for that skill I'd think.
RSC - Gone, but never forgotten.

11-Mar-2018 21:14:20

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If the skill raised has a nice recurring use every day I'd be fine with some like smithing and crafting,fletching.

Would be so pointless with firemaking getting rid of logs as a skill is so absurd. Even worse if you make players waste a year more of meaningless grinding just to "be done" and never touch the skill again.

I'd rather they give skills more use instead of here click this square for another year to be done with this content. The point A to point B extending needs to be more pleasant or its a waste.

11-Mar-2018 22:04:19

Pelaaja1
May Member 2013

Pelaaja1

Posts: 3,169 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Always thought its just a matter of time for all 120's since they did 120 dg. It could take another 15 years for all i know, but it will likely happen

18-Mar-2018 22:22:45 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2018 22:24:55 by Pelaaja1

Kupo

Kupo

Posts: 8,965 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Terrible Idea,

One had longterm players feel the need to want it to mean something for exp.

Otherhand especially when RS goes mobile, how daunting and stupid the game will look to newcomers.

OSRS already take up 3/4th of the online players counter now at times. EoC's excuse was people wanted to hang onto nostalgia yet killed a lot of the game off.

Can you imagine coming into a game now where the only players you see have played for years and you have no chance at all, even if you fell for the nonstop mtx adverts and everything is 120.

19-Mar-2018 04:29:12

Foxxie
Mar Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 2,677 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't want skills to go to 120 solely for the time investment.

If we look at the current Max cape, it requires 13 million experience in 26 skills and 36 million in one more.

Given say an average of 200k exp/hr across the board (for the sake of argument, just to keep this simple) that's 65 hours a skill, or 1690 hours required for Max (minus Invention).
70 days is a lot of time to invest just to "beat" a game. Even an MMO.

Now if we took all the skills and put them to 120.... oh boy. Let's say we multiply the average EXP rate by 5 times for the sake of argument after we reach level 99. That's an extra 91 hours per skill... bringing the total up to 4056 hours just to "beat" the game! (Minus Invention)

So that's 169 days of playing this game 24/7 with no down time or exp waste to ""beat" Runescape. That's completely absurd! Especially if the extra 5 days per skill only gets you a couple new trees or a new pet. Not to mention balancing.... What would they do past 99 runecrafting? This game would become infinitely more complex.

So no thank you. I'm going to have to go with Occam's Razor on this one.

19-Mar-2018 06:49:50 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2018 06:52:06 by Foxxie

Foxxie
Mar Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 2,677 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
Foxxie said :
I'm going to have to go with Occam's Razor on this one.

What does Occam's Razor have to do with anything lol

Occam's Razor dictates that the simplest [theory] is often the best.
This can easily be adopted into the simplest [choice][path][course of action][decision] is the best one.

So as to how it relates to this and my opinion on the matter;
It is simply easier to keep the game as-is, instead of developing tons of content that needs to be balanced. Therefor it's, imo, the best course of action.

27-Mar-2018 06:19:44

Quick find code: 259-260-506-65890319 Back to Top