Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
is Equilibrium the best
Yeah the math says so, but only number math. It ignores what we know about the trigger for release of dopamine in the brain based on "maybe" and/or gambling theory. Its actually demonstrable that the maybe of a bright blue or green hit splat will keep you playing more attentively than if you just had dull equilibrium.

edit: so defining our metrics. thats what I mean.

edit/add 2: dang it I keep forgetting. my average lunging 3 hit seems to be breaking 1,000 and thats way more than it used to be for stationary targets, but I'm doing a lot of other stuff to make it that much bigger too. anyways.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

17-Apr-2016 00:57:21 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2016 01:13:05 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

no way. same logic would be that we're not meant to augment weapons at all. invention, as it stands, gives a 5-7% increase at double the cost of use. they fuck with us too much and the backlash will be that all groups ban augmented weapons.

laugh, but we did that at old FFA corpy. banned vesta spear. it was really for the noobs. spear cost too much and was kinda not worth it. it'd be a mercy kill to ban augmented weapons from raids.

the thing none of y'all are sayin is how great the staff of light is. that thing is great. hits everything but kalgerion demons. super low drain rate. no reason to augment a staff of darkness. thats a great place to put plant foot, caroming, w/e and use for switch. thats not a bug thats a feature.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

17-Apr-2016 14:37:39 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2016 15:57:27 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

imagine if your mage tab:

Augmented Subjugation Body
90k an hr cost of use

Impatient 3 & Devoted 2 + Invigorating 3

Multiple Subjugation Legs
90k an hr cost of use

A. Venomblood & Demon Slayer + Biting 3
B. Venomblood & Dragon Slayer + Biting 3
C. Genocidal & Undead Slayer + Biting 3
D. Lucky 5 + Absorb 3
E. Scavenging 2 & Looting + Wise 3

Augmented Achto Primeval Body
270k an hr cost of use

Impatient 3 & Devoted 2 + Invigorating 3

Augmented Noxious Staff
405k an hr cost of use

Caroming 3 + Lunging 3

24-Apr-2016 16:29:09

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

if most runescape pursuits are 2m an hr, then... a 5% increase in KC is about 100k, right? So... then... um... why is everyone like "yay! I increased kc by 5% in exchange for 25% reduction in profits!" cause to my eyes it looks like post 120 invention what yer supposed to figure out that you want to do is augment your one favorite t70 armour piece and use just that. In which case I'm voting that impatient/invigorating are the ones that you can't live without once you get used to them.

edit/add: might be better to collect gano pants than subjug pants too cause you make like 5 pair in a hour of gano spirit of battle slay masking.

24-Apr-2016 17:00:21 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2016 18:47:22 by J R Kerr

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
I haven't seen anyone start talking about sliske stacking with biting for 15% critical. Pretty sure it does stack. Its just the lucky perk that warns you off.

Warpriest didn't stack with biting before gw2 (It gives text flags if it triggers), same as warpriest and lucky perk. If sliske does stack with biting and you have proof, I'd love to see it.
https://twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/711864972813406208

Lunging (Only improves melee) isn't exactly good because it's a 28.8% increase that doesn't stack with berserk so it's a basic used max 4 times/minute. Above 75k dpm it's under a 3% dpm increase even using it 4x/minute, vs aftershock not requiring a rotation change and being 3% dpm increase above 80k dpm.

So I'll agree that lunging is a next best on melee after aftershock if you dont like that random trigger.

J R Kerr said :
no way. same logic would be that we're not meant to augment weapons at all. invention, as it stands, gives a 5-7% increase at double the cost of use. they fuck with us too much and the backlash will be that all groups ban augmented weapons.

Ha, agree! For the most part augmented armour is a COMPETITIVE increase, not a profit increase, due to the cost hike for the lower tier scrap perks. Biting 3 is rare, Impatient 3 Devoted 3 is uncommon, etc etc, so there's a high upfront cost and higher drain cost for a 6ish% dpm increase, +30% adren/minute, and 13% dmg soak for 450k-750k more/hour? What was your estimate?

Lastly, invigorating 3 is not that good. It's a 0.9% adrenaline increase (0.6 for mainhand 0.3 for offhand) per auto attack. If you do two 2h autoes or 4 2x auto attacks per minute, that's 1.8% adren per minute.
On the other hand impatient 3 is 27% chance at +3 per basic. If you do 19 basic abil's in an ult rotation or 19 in 51 ticks (I could use a better full minute rotation please), 19*60/(51*.6)*0.27*3 is 30.2% adrenaline/minute.

26-Apr-2016 21:34:44 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2016 21:54:58 by Kakamile

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top