Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Ak47Pedigree

Ak47Pedigree

Posts: 2,747 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Why would Turtling be a waste for a shield with achto?

I personally have the same (Biting 3 rather than Biting 2) but I swapped out Absorbative 3 for Crackling 3 for Telos - the crackling procs on tendril helped a lot.

Idk I read somewhere that you are better off using another perks if you're using it with achto.

I heard Biting 3 is not worth it for a just minor buff and considering hm it cost, better off going with Biting 2 + venomblood, where vb can be useful. Considering this is a tank set up I don't see it being that useful.

I was thinking of getting Crackling 3 and putting Absorb 3 on my shield, but i'm hearing story about it messing up people kill at Nex, Araxxor and Vorago. Where it would zap the monster at inconvenient times. Idk about Telos though.
Ak47Pedigree
|
the Daredevil
| My Goals & Achievements

06-Aug-2016 00:36:56 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2016 00:37:37 by Ak47Pedigree

Vitri

Vitri

Posts: 754 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gwynrwyn said :
does perk placement on top/bottom really matter or is it more of personal preference?

Basically personal preference. There's no difference between putting perks on your Top over Legs or vice versa.
Maxed - 1/1/15

Completionist - 4/13/16

06-Aug-2016 05:46:17

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vitri said :
Gwynrwyn said :
does perk placement on top/bottom really matter or is it more of personal preference?

Basically personal preference. There's no difference between putting perks on your Top over Legs or vice versa.

There's a small difference. If you put Crackling on top, your Crackling switch can be an Achto top for greater armor and LP bonus than switching with Achto legs, which benefits Excalibur and other %-based heals marginally.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

06-Aug-2016 06:01:46

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ak47Pedigree said :
Idk I read somewhere that you are better off using another perks if you're using it with achto.

I would like to know why. Imo it'd make sense to use turtling because achto resets help negate the downside to turtling, no?

Ak47Pedigree said :
I heard Biting 3 is not worth it for a just minor buff and considering hm it cost, better off going with Biting 2 + venomblood, where vb can be useful. Considering this is a tank set up I don't see it being that useful.

In all honesty I already had Biting 3 on all of my other gear with 5 Noxious components left over, so I made another Biting 3 gizmo to put on my Achto - I mean, why not? It's not like those components are useful. It depends what you are using your tank gear for, like I don't really tank anything so my use case was Telos, so Crackling and Biting were two perks I must have... And as for Venomblood, I can't think of a single place where you need Achto where you get poisoned.

Ak47Pedigree said :
but i'm hearing story about it messing up people kill at Nex, Araxxor and Vorago.

Most people bring a switch for Vorago, or take their Crackling armour off at the start of phases? Not entirely sure what they do to be honest, but I don't Vorago so I'm not the person to ask. As for Nex, that should soon be changed (Soon™) - Jagex are supposed to be changing Crackling to deal the same style that you are using, so it'll no longer kill you at Nex. Araxxor is 50/50 and most people I know just take an entirely different set of perked legs for it.

As for Telos, no downsides - It's extremely useful if it goes off on Golems, or when you get Tendrilled.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

06-Aug-2016 12:02:08 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2016 12:02:24 by Hevilmystic

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top