Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everyone. Great discussions as usual.

I am going to be reaching 200m invention xp very soon. After that, I'm thinking of augmenting a 'permanent' crystal halberd/staff for the sole purpose of training combat in the abyss, and scavenging some nice rare components along the way. I only plan to use the weapon on its own, i.e. without augmented armour, in order to save on charges.

So my question is, what should I put on it? I have narrowed things down to either Precise 4 Equilibrium 2 with Scavenging 3, or Efficient 3 with Scavenging 3. Or should I perhaps forego scavenging completely and opt for Prec4 Eq2 with Eff3 instead?

Please let me know what you think. No need to consider the rarity of those perks btw. I have all of the gizmos in question already prepared.

07-Aug-2016 17:15:36

aSp
Jun Member 2022

aSp

Posts: 8,062 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Hobo
The best Preq/eq combo you can make before it gets too expensive or you run out of components...with Scav3.

Lots of rng in both of those gizmos but will serve you well with the set up you describe.

EDIT That suggestion above with caroming is a nice idea too...

EDIT2 - as for doing wep only, to save running costs - you might like to look at doing a chest/legs armour set and not doing wep as this will be far cheaper on charges than a wep no armour will be.

07-Aug-2016 17:21:43 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2016 17:27:02 by aSp

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Halberd has to be what aSp said, it's the single most powerful Gizmo.

e: I'm not sure how much augmented tier 70 costs to use, however I can't think of much to put on armour that benefits abyss training more than 6%+ extra DPS would.

Aftershock may be pretty decent for the Halberd in all honesty, I'd imagine it deals a lot more than its base, single-target 3.8% DPS when coupled with the fact it'll be hitting a lot of targets at once, but I haven't tested it.

Aftershock is also fairly expensive.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

07-Aug-2016 17:27:27 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2016 17:31:11 by Hevilmystic

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*reads edits*

Yeah, I understand it would be cheaper to run a normal weapon and 1 chest or leg piece, but that would mean losing out on the weapon perks. Aug t70 is only 1.5 charge/s vs 1/s per armour piece. (1.35 and 0.9 after level 5.)

Aftershock activates very often there, to the point where I could notice the increase in dps. Though I'm not sure if its worth spending another 30m for such a specific niche usage. Maybe if I'm lucky enough to scavenge some Ilujankan comps. (I tested it on a halberd before binding it to my t90 weapons.)

07-Aug-2016 17:42:45 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2016 17:49:10 by DramaticHobo

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top