Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Nyx Succubus
Nov Member 2020

Nyx Succubus

Posts: 2,175 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Equilibrium's still decent, just that in certain scenarios others are better.

Personally sticking with Equilibrium 3 as it's a lot cheaper than Biting/Lunging/Aftershock and it doesn't really have any downsides.

Your max hit is 3% less though

27-Apr-2016 00:14:21

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Nyx Succubus said :
Your max hit is 3% less though

... So?

I can't really think of any scenario where max hits matter to the extent that +9% min damage is worth less than 3% of your max damage.
Indeed, it doesn't matter for the vast majority of places. Only place I would probably use biting over equilibrium is wildy pvp, where ko potential is very relevant so the extra crit chance is more desirable than equilibrium (I mentioned wildy pvp specifically because in some other pvp situations ko potential is not so important - in the duel arena, for example, outlasting your opponent also means a win).

On the other hand, against lower level creatures, the fact equilibrium increases lower hit and decreases max actually also helps to reduce dps waste on overkill. That effect is pretty small though, ofc.

27-Apr-2016 03:02:41

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Equilibrium is an awesome cheap option. It'll cause problems with commonly critting abilities like tuska wrath on tasks and tendrils and not work with sliske parody (tuska) or biting so you're losing 2 and some % vs aftershock&biting or caroming&biting (slay tasks), but compare the two

-equilibrium 3 - two inferior raids boots/gloves (13k teci is 2 wks raids but free)

-aftershock/caroming - two anima items (40m gp ish)
-biting 3 - two noxes or high rng rare from pickaxes/baxes/spears/hastae

I just need to put the highest dps option as recommended because that's what hlf does, and I get in trouble if I don't say the best regardless of cost. Same reason I have to do base damage calcs with t90 boots and swh bossing.

27-Apr-2016 05:30:53

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
critting abilities like tuska wrath on tasks and tendrils

Equilibrium stops Tendrils from critting? I haven't used it for a few weeks, but I seem to remember Tendrils always critting even with Equilibrium 3.

Kakamile said :
-equilibrium 3 - two inferior raids boots/gloves (13k teci is 2 wks raids but free)

Equilibrium 3 is a 1/8 chance from 5x Rumbling, unless there is a better combination?

Kakamile said :
Same reason I have to do base damage calcs with t90 boots and swh bossing.

SWH and T90 boots are a different entity to perks.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

27-Apr-2016 10:54:14 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2016 10:54:40 by Hevilmystic

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AoDude said :
Is aftershock still bugged to be crackling 2.0? or has it been fixed yet? I haven't heard much about it recently...
Still bugged afaik. But I'm personally expecting it to take a while, they will most likely be busy fixing Nxt for a couple of weeks.

27-Apr-2016 15:13:05

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Biting is dynamic. It changes. It keeps me interested. I can see it working. Yes I agree equilibrium is more damage, over time, but it takes all your crits away, and it makes grinding more boring. I will never use it again. Biting has a chance to deliver your fastest boss kill times. Equilbrium will never help you do that. Kakamile said :
So I'll agree that lunging is a next best on melee after aftershock if you dont like that random trigger.
I like random , and I like passive perks too, but that aftershock means you lose control of your damage output like with crackling, right? I have had to re-do pools where the pt couldn't get into place because of some of the auto damage perks going off... and like... 30 times. I have had to re-do pools exponentially more post-invention than pre-invention because of those perks.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

27-Apr-2016 16:11:32 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2016 16:15:28 by J R Kerr

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top