Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have biting 3 and lunging 3 on drygore maces, nox staff, and x2 asc, and I know I can see the difference. I keep forgetting to write it down, but I have a lot of things going on, too, including those 7% slayer perks, so I'm seeing big numbers that don't reflect just the one perk.

I haven't seen anyone start talking about sliske stacking with biting for 15% critical. Pretty sure it does stack. Its just the lucky perk that warns you off.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

14-Apr-2016 21:34:15

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
I have biting 3 and lunging 3 on drygore maces, nox staff, and x2 asc, and I know I can see the difference. I keep forgetting to write it down, but I have a lot of things going on, too, including those 7% slayer perks, so I'm seeing big numbers that don't reflect just the one perk.

I haven't seen anyone start talking about sliske stacking with biting for 15% critical. Pretty sure it does stack. Its just the lucky perk that warns you off.
Wait 15% critical? Where did that come from?

I do think biting is not blocked by lunging (like it is by equilibrium), but I didn't think their effects worked together since you can't crit bleeds? That doesn't matter that much though, since according to the numbers at least, aftershock even not fixed is still better than lunging; and both stack with biting.

Don't get me wrong, it's possible there's something hidden we haven't realised that makes lunging better; but it's hard to test. In your case, unlike precise and equilibrium (which mainly affect minimum hit), perks like biting, lunging and genocidal affect the max hit and crits, which tends to make their effect more noticeable. Maybe it was that.

I just wish the perk descriptions were correct and clear enough for us to know precisely what each perk does lol.

14-Apr-2016 22:35:20

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Lunging works great. Its highly situational, though, and the numbers I get from it won't show up on a dummy test because of some of the perks like demon slayer. If you like something else better thats fine, because t90 weapons cost about 300k an hr to use once augmented, and
O B V I O U S L Y
its a better idea not to use augmented weapons, at all, but to augment your favorite t70 armour and only spend 200k an hr for
T W I C E
as many perks, so don't even start with your crappy why bother evaluation. I'm doing it because I can use it. I'm fucking around with lots of gizmos and lots of augmented gear, so even if I do something dumb you can say thanks for doing something so that you won't have to, or fuck immediately off. Mmmk?

edit/add: my thrust isn't 200m inv xp, either, but transforming myself from a comfort level fighting an aura hour's worth in un-aug seasinger to aug subjug. the perks are just enough to soul split back enough health, even if I am distracted and playing less than cyborg perfect that its worth looking at post 120 set ups for arma, subjug, and bandos gear to not disassemble. armour perks > weapon perks. 200k an hr is just not that big a deal. 500k+ an hr is a bigger deal, and then full everything for raids is 1m an hr but thats okay cause raid loot is like 5m.

my goal is still not 200m slay xp there either, cause you can block everything that you can't fight in dragon rider, basically, and then minmax the shit out of slayer. not what I care about. slayer has to be fun showing off, or I wont do it; but god help the next one of you that spams me forum queen bullshit about the motherfucking salve amulet near an elite edimmu you're too puss to kill. I swear to god. I will find a way to punish you. clue: undead slayer works on edimmu, and blood amulet works great on a big crowd going berserk because of a nearby elite edimmu, while salve is sad welfaring garbage from forum people who forgot we only needed w/ nosepeg before
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

16-Apr-2016 20:17:32 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2016 20:35:05 by J R Kerr

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Setup
one
:
regular nox staff
augmented subjug body
augmented subjug leg
gp an hr cost of charges
gp an hr for repair

Setup
two
:
shadow glaives not augmented
refined anima core zamorak set
gp an hr cost of use

Setup
three
:
augmented nox staff
augmented achto primeval body
augmented achto primeval leg
1m
gp an hr in charges

That cost per hour is a little off the top of my head guesstimate based on a few scattered things I jotted down, and I'm totally cool with being corrected, but thats not really the point. My ongoing point is that trying to create one paradigm of 'this is my best augmented gear' is a little flawed if you're only considering your t90s. You can actually do more DPS with the first set up if you have your t70 armour perked for the right things in the right places. Is it worth having two different bandos chest aug/perked for different things than trying to cram a catch all solution to one torva chest? Maybe so.

true story: I saw raw cavefish appear on the ground at a raid, and I laughed.

16-Apr-2016 20:56:04

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Such aggressiveness all of a sudden O_o .

Regardless. Me and Futon were discussing (I presume) best "overall" perks. I guess the reason for that is those are the perks that matter for high level pvm. We were also thinking about maximising dps, not paying much attention to costs, but that doesn't matter much. Of course some perks are better for some places (particularly genocidal and the demon/dragon/undead slayer perks), but we weren't discussing them ;) .

These situational perks don't work on pretty much all high level pvm bosses (thinking of rots, arax, nex, vorago, raids, mostly); so it does make sense to try an "optimal" perk set up on a t90 weapon + nex top/bottom set if we are trying to maximise dps against them.

That being said, in other places it makes perfect sense to try using other perks and armours, specially since few people would want to use such expensive gear for mid/low level stuff.

17-Apr-2016 00:03:26

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry to interrupt, but..

If I don't want to use Aftershock or Crackling (mentioned before why not), is Equilibrium the best perk to put on my weapon? And thus making Biting on my armour entirely pointless?

If so... Are there any other DPS perks to put on my armour? :P

Basically trying to get the maximum DPS with still using 'neutral' perks.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

17-Apr-2016 00:09:06

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Hm... it's kind of hard to say. Equil 3 and biting 3 are actually very close (+4% and +3.75% dps, respectively), but most people go for the equil 3 since it's usually cheaper. For melee an option would be the lunging perk; which apparently is not that good but could compensate that 0.25% difference. Depending on what you are doing, caroming 3 (for increased AoE) can also be good. Although both are kind of expensive :/.

While waiting for more changes on perks, what you could potentially do is have precise 5 and efficient 3 on weapon, then biting 3, impatient 3 + devoted 2/3, lucky 3 and absorbative 3 on armour. You basically exchange that 0.25% damage from equilibrium for a 2.5% damage reduction or a 18% reduced charge cost, depending on what you had before.

Or you could get one of the aforementioned situational perks, if you happen to be on the situations where they work.

I can't think of other perks that would actually help with dps.

17-Apr-2016 00:28:23 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2016 00:32:04 by Yewnock

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top