Forums

Donate to Oxfam with Bonds

Quick find code: 254-255-428-65527823

Mod William

Mod William

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Donate to Oxfam

'Tis the season to be charitable!

Throughout December you can make donations to an extremely worthwhile cause. Find Thorvar Crittersmash near the Lumbridge, Edgeville, Burthorpe or Prifddinas lodestones to give him Bonds which he will wrap up as a gift and send to Oxfam - they'll get all proceeds from your gift.

In return for your kind donation you’ll receive presents for yourself and a friend. There are five presents up for you to claim:

• Donation 1: For your first Bond donated, Thorvar will give you a present containing a very special bauble. Use this bauble to reset your Festive Aura once every weekend day throughout December.

• Donation 2: Thorvar will gift you five Treasure Hunter keys if you donate a second Bond.

• Donation 3: Fancy a seasonal title? Your third donation will unlock the ‘… the Festive’ title.

• Donation 4: Get five more Treasure Hunter keys when you donate a fourth Bond.

• Donation 5: Donate a fifth time and you’ll receive an awesome reindeer antler cosmetic head override.

Along with each of these presents you will receive a second blue present. This gift can only be opened once traded, so pass it on to a friend to spread Christmas cheer and they’ll find two Treasure Hunter keys inside.

The first five donations will get you a personal gift, as listed above, but the tradeable present will be available for every Bond you donate.

Visit Oxfam's website to find out more about the amazing work they do.

The RuneScape Team

01-Dec-2014 09:21:41 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2014 13:31:37 by Mod William

Zelda
Jan Member 2018

Zelda

Posts: 682 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is disgusting.

Charity has nothing to do with self gain. Charity should not be rewarded by material things, nor should it be rewarded with bragging rights, such as the titles you already provide. You are luring in gullible players who have no interest in the real reason of charity what so ever, other than obtaining the reward from doing it. I mean come on, "The Millionaire", "The Billionaire"? They have nothing to do with charity, nor does this update!

Charity is supposed to be about giving for the gift of giving. It's supposed to be anonymous, it's supposed to be about the cause of the charity, it's supposed to leave you with a good feeling thinking "I've helped someone today". It's NOT supposed to be about flashing fancy title screaming "look how much money I have", and certainly not about how many extra keys on Treasure Hunter you can get or the fact that you can look like a reindeer!

If the players can't donate to charity based on the goodness of their hearts and need an incentive to do it, I think that goes to prove that charity events and donation wells has nothing to do in this game.

Utterly disgusting.

On another note: Ebola? Really? I can understand the gaming charities but Ebola? The world needs to realize sooner or later that even TB kills more people than Ebola. Unfortunately TB doesn't exist in the western world so I guess it's not a problem we want to deal with.
- Princess Zelda.

01-Dec-2014 11:27:29

Lopendebank3
Jan Member 2021

Lopendebank3

Posts: 2,460 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you srs? the bond price is already to high! And those 5 keys... If you redeem a bond you get 8?

Oh wait, it's charity, sorry
EXP is not important, it's important to have fun and play with your friends. :) - Lopendebank3

01-Dec-2014 11:49:05 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2014 11:50:19 by Lopendebank3

Ganon
Jan Member 2008

Ganon

Posts: 1,544 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zelda said :
This is disgusting.

Charity has nothing to do with self gain. Charity should not be rewarded by material things, nor should it be rewarded with bragging rights, such as the titles you already provide. You are luring in gullible players who have no interest in the real reason of charity what so ever, other than obtaining the reward from doing it. I mean come on, "The Millionaire", "The Billionaire"? They have nothing to do with charity, nor does this update!

Charity is supposed to be about giving for the gift of giving. It's supposed to be anonymous, it's supposed to be about the cause of the charity, it's supposed to leave you with a good feeling thinking "I've helped someone today". It's NOT supposed to be about flashing fancy title screaming "look how much money I have", and certainly not about how many extra keys on Treasure Hunter you can get or the fact that you can look like a reindeer!

If the players can't donate to charity based on the goodness of their hearts and need an incentive to do it, I think that goes to prove that charity events and donation wells has nothing to do in this game.

Utterly disgusting.

On another note: Ebola? Really? I can understand the gaming charities but Ebola? The world needs to realize sooner or later that even TB kills more people than Ebola. Unfortunately TB doesn't exist in the western world so I guess it's not a problem we want to deal with.

This. Just this. Perfectly sums up how jagex's idea of "charity" works, remind me... What's the actual percentage of the money that actually goes to the charity instead of paying peoples wages?

01-Dec-2014 11:50:09 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2014 11:51:01 by Ganon

Quick find code: 254-255-428-65527823 Back to Top