Forums

Basics of Taking Hits Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-911-65366849

Noctis Ryder

Noctis Ryder

Posts: 1,086 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry, I suppose I could've worded it better.

What I tried to focus on was the fact that people tend not to know when they have been bested, and instead, resort to Out of Character crap that I, personally, don't have the patience for.

I don't brag about my abilities in roleplay combat; however, my experience as a fencer gets the better of me when I pull off a move that I know for a fact would work in real life, but I'm dueling someone who can't possibly know how a duel works unless they have actively studied and performed it.

Sure, it seems like I focused more on dealing hits, but that is honestly my given mentality since this is essentially my 'sport', just on a text format. This is also why I get passionate about it, much like how a football fan gets passionate when their team loses lol.

I don't necessarily fault the roleplayer, as I can't possibly expect him/her to know how a sword properly works unless they spend an obscene amount of time studying the weapon.

I do apologize if my post beforehand was a tad harsh. I did not mean to belittle or offend anyone. This is just typically why I avoid confrontations in roleplay. It's honestly just not fun when you try to work out fair outcomes for hits, and the player immediately decides to throw a temper tantrum.
Lord Commander of House Ryder
I
the Fallen One
I
Lover of Gingers

#HeilZaros

14-May-2014 04:02:25

Kara-Ara
Dec Member 2021

Kara-Ara

Posts: 3,683 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Noctis Ryder said :
I don't necessarily fault the roleplayer, as I can't possibly expect him/her to know how a sword properly works unless they spend an obscene amount of time studying the weapon.

I feel the same way, don't worry. I've been shooting with all sorts of bows for a long time, and actually have put arrows through sheets of metal as tests for things like this. Sheets sometimes reaching a centimeter thick, getting the head through about six inches.

These bows are shooting at seventy pounds, so I know the force behind them, especially true longbows. So when somebody says an arrow bounces off a flat plate of metal in somebody's armor from dead-on, I get a bit more than upset because of both a lack of common sense and a lack of knowledge of how effective these things are.

Might not be fencing, but distance has always been a friend of mine.
"A silly ***** is what I'm going to call **** jokes from now on."
-Jen 2015

14-May-2014 05:00:07

Role-Player
Nov Member 2023

Role-Player

Posts: 9,114 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
heretic hary said :
Sometimes, I wish I could actually fight the other roleplayer in real life and show them how wrong they are by giving them the injury they claim isn't happening.

Right as you may be, there's people who play that don't perfectly understand combat and all possible real life maneuvers and the physics involved, which is why a lot of arguments occur.
„¬°´˜“
And my sax.
“˜`°¬„

20-May-2014 17:41:35

Quick find code: 237-238-911-65366849 Back to Top