Forums

The Myreque

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Posts: 512 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
General notice to the Myreque -

After a few long, slightly traumatic commorb talks, I've managed to persuade my infernal brother to send over a few "toys" of his. He's been cooped up in a workshop at seers village with a group called "The Helix" for a good few years now.
Yep. Imagine Billy. Except a De'Terro. Who's addicted to sleeping in boxes.

Anywho. A small crate of weapon augmentations should be coming in soon enough. Athena was sent off to collect them. There will probably only be a few, but hopefully enough to keep the group on it's feet.

Here's to hoping they don't explode!
~Connor
Thoughtcrime doesn't entail death. Thoughtcrime IS death.

24-Jan-2016 12:59:17

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

(Experimental - Something I think would be useful implimenting full-time. To keep resources as being important, not just extra polish on the front page)

Materials Transfer Request

Input
- Coins, 500

Output
- Approximately 20 standard sized Fused Quartz Lenses

Reasoning -
Fused Quartz Lenses would be exceedingly useful, both for creating scopes for bows, allowing long-ranged ambushes, short-ranged spyglasses, and even for protective lenses for anyone who happens to be using a mask.

Materials Loss Logging

Material(s) Lost -
Holy Oil (x2), Holy Water
Reasoning
- Supplies used when fighting a chaos elemental.

Materials Gain Logging

Material(s) Acquired -
Adamant mace, near-perfect condition
Reasoning
- Taken from a possessed man under the influence of an insane priest.

24-Jan-2016 13:10:03 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2016 13:12:49 by Last Deterro

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Latest Reports

Burgh De Rott:
A mysterious, festive box has appeared on the south side of town.
Resolved:
The box appeared to be the "home" as the wolf' allied with the myreque known as Decari.

Asgarnia:
Some kind of special, legendary weapon has cropped up in Asgarnia , it sounds as if it is either blisterwood or some kind of enhanced blisterwood.
Such an item would be a considerable boon, and might even help rally our forces to put an end to the accursed "Inquisitor". The myreque's invitation to this event seems to have been lost in the mail. One way or the other, we need to be there.

27-Jan-2016 00:18:42 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2016 03:21:00 by Last Deterro

Lady Airlea
Mar Member 2011

Lady Airlea

Posts: 5,379 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please come to the thing you already know about on Saturday - Me, typing from my phone while quote pasting the whole letter is failing.
ª*
The One True Nat
ª*

27-Jan-2016 10:44:15 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2016 10:45:27 by Lady Airlea

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Gizmos, Gadgets and Batteries -
Materials Logging

At long last, the crate containing the "Weapon Augmentations" arrived. There are several of these, and most of them are in pieces or otherwise damaged from the trip. They seem to be fed from this "divine energy", of which we have several "batteries" for.

It has been stressed repeatedly that these "Divine Batteries", as Jikrak dubs them, are NOT to be tampered with. They contain exceedingly volatile divine energy and warnings are scribbled all over the "batteries".

The augmentations themselves need some "tweaking", and since there aren't any blueprints or instructions...only those who figure out how to use them will be able to use them.

Material(s) Aquired -

-Weapon Augmenter
(x12,
9 damaged
)

-Armour Augmenter
(x10,
6 damaged
)

-Divine Battery
(x20)

-The specifications to make belts, pack, etc, which store divine energy
-One clockwork cat called Willow

Reasoning -
Supplies sent to the Myreque through way of Jik*ak De'Terro, who works alongside various other people at a workshop/lab. The Myreque are effectively testing experimental (and highly dangerous) technology. Have fun.

27-Jan-2016 21:15:31

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

The current condition of the Myreque (1/2)

It seems that recently a few unsavory rumors have been going around about the state of the Myreque, particularly that they are particularly "overpowered" for their situation. While normally people who go spreading rumors anonymously are simply to be ignored, I thought this would be a good time to inform new members or potential members as to what things are like.

1.Life in the myre is awful, supplies are always thin

The title is fairly self-explanatory. The only useable resources in the myre, at least Burgh De'Rott, is a working forge and some dead trees. Even across morytania, only splitbark trees are really a "valuable" resource. The myreque have no way to keep on their own two feet constantly, and as so, always need supplies. This is why there is a "resources" page on the start of the forums, and why I personally am logging what the myreque gains and what the myreque looses during roleplays. But currently due to various vyres, the myreque are unable to even bring a crate of dried meats into Burgh De'Rott.

2.Mortality

Incase you've been living under a rock (or up on a floating rock), then you'll probably be aware that vampyres treat humans like cattle, and that vampyres are nearly impossible to kill. Couple this with the fact that very few resources can kill them and you soon realize the only way the myreque survive is through stealth. If a member of the myreque makes a slip-up, they can easily be kidnapped, tortured, killed, turned, etc. Things like his have happened many times before and only veteran members of the myreque are really equipped to deal with Vyrewatch. Anyone could die at any time. And more to the point, they often than not DO end up dying or being mentally broken through torture, forced to give up critical information, etc etc.

30-Jan-2016 00:10:21

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

The current condition of the Myreque (2/2)

3.Things are normally worse than you expect them to be

I understand that some people may think that the myreque "having invention at their side" is in some way overpowered, from the recent shipment logs.

However, I ask people who think this to stop for a second and think. The myreque DON'T have invention on their side. They have a few augmentors (Most of which were broken on their way to Burgh'), several divine-charge-packs (which, without an experienced diviner, is essentially the runescape equivalent of radioactive waste), and even if through luck or knowledge the myreque were able to upgrade a few weapons, augmented weapons would NOT be equivalent to cannons which could vaporize vyres at 20 paces, they would be the same weapon with a slight bonus. As anyone who's tampered with invention knows, the inexperienced at invention normally end up with debuffs, not buffs.

It's unfortunate that something like this is even necessary, but hopefully reminding people that the myreque are nothing more than a bunch of refugees who can barely live day-to-day, who are unaided by most and hunted by almost every vyre in the myre, who are not a group of individuals who are "OP" in any way shape or form. They're what they always have been, the plucky underdogs of morytania struggling to survive and strike down vyre against all odds.

30-Jan-2016 00:10:51 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2016 02:59:38 by Last Deterro

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Connor's Personal Log
2 Moevy-ng Part 1/2

Gods above, I swear politics is to be the myreque's undoing. Supplies have been thin here, for the mostpart, the "Inquisitor" issue's still been present, and what aid do we get? None. The meeting which was supposed to occur didn't . Some damned queen decided to call off the soulwood conference in it's entirety and take matters into their own hands, meaning that there was no discussion of an elite chapter of vyre-slayers with members from all across gilenor, meaning that one dodgy queen having a bad day may have just ruined our best chance at success.
Splendid.

Not to mention, I hear rumors of Morytania United going south. By south, I mean they've had a change of leadership. Ren . I wonder if the smarmy little git knew my plans to unite morytania all along...either way, that group hasn't yet bent their knee to the For-yx, and with Ren at it's head, they may very well try to unite morytania without much violence...which completely defeats the purpose of the exercise.
Unless someone were to start an uprising against a dictator of an emperor. I think I'll keep that option open.

More disturbingly, Cal's return, along with Elzbeth's brought bad, bad news. A whole chater of TODV has gone rogue, Strinthas , the smarmy traitorous b*star* has taken all the men under his command and turned them into some sort of organised crime group. Oh, and he's trying to frame some temple knights or other, who are, after all, allies of ours. And this man, now exposed to be a criminal, has apparently fled to morytania after some girl called "Elizabeth" who turned up recently at Burgh'. Cal' wants to use her as bait, and I wholeheartedly agree. Strinthas is a traitor. And he has the salvebreaker, from what Elzbeth says. He's a dead man.

10-Feb-2016 19:39:12 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2016 19:49:12 by Last Deterro

Last Deterro
Nov Member 2013

Last Deterro

Connor's Personal Log
2 Moevy-ng Part 2/2

In an odd turn of events, it seems that a completely unrelated group of temple knights have made their way to Paterdomus, where they're currently set-up. It seems that they're enlisting help of the locals for...whatever tasks they're doing. One particular place, from what I gathered, was a drug den. I believe they killed everyone inside and burnt it down, but I had...other things on my mind, and had to get out of there. But not before leaving them my last two Silver-And-Salve-Crystal smoke bombs. For supposedly "Elite" knights, they seem rather...not well equipped.

Last off, and by far the most unusual recent event to occur...some man named Conrad (Or Konrad, I haven't the foggiest idea) was walking around at the barrows, looking for me . Well. Any one of the Myreque, (Whoever it is that keeps telling people what we look like needs to keep their mouth shut .) and this man claims to want to host some kind of a "love day party" or somesuch. The most disturbing thing was, he sounded...entirely...sane.

Apparently everyone who's not likely to stab up everyone else is invited, regardless of race or allegiance. Part of me thinks it's a trap, but part of me thinks it's just this man and his...unusual...customs. We'll have to see.

No more luck on getting the talismans yet, I need to get in touch with Garrow once the salvebreaker's taken care of and Strinthas is dead to the point that necromancy can't help him. Then, we open the vault, and with luck, make the "unification" of morytania the bloodiest thing ever to grace these lands since the initial "corruption".

10-Feb-2016 19:48:44 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2016 19:49:34 by Last Deterro

Neon Knights

Neon Knights

Posts: 671 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Last Deterro said :
Connor's Personal Log
2 Moevy-ng Part 2/2

In an odd turn of events, it seems that a completely unrelated group of temple knights have made their way to Paterdomus, where they're currently set-up. It seems that they're enlisting help of the locals for...whatever tasks they're doing. One particular place, from what I gathered, was a drug den. I believe they killed everyone inside and burnt it down, but I had...other things on my mind, and had to get out of there. But not before leaving them my last two Silver-And-Salve-Crystal smoke bombs. For supposedly "Elite" knights, they seem rather...not well equipped.

Last off, and by far the most unusual recent event to occur...some man named Conrad (Or Konrad, I haven't the foggiest idea) was walking around at the barrows, looking for me . Well. Any one of the Myreque, (Whoever it is that keeps telling people what we look like needs to keep their mouth shut .) and this man claims to want to host some kind of a "love day party" or somesuch. The most disturbing thing was, he sounded...entirely...sane.

Apparently everyone who's not likely to stab up everyone else is invited, regardless of race or allegiance. Part of me thinks it's a trap, but part of me thinks it's just this man and his...unusual...customs. We'll have to see.

No more luck on getting the talismans yet, I need to get in touch with Garrow once the salvebreaker's taken care of and Strinthas is dead to the point that necromancy can't help him. Then, we open the vault, and with luck, make the "unification" of morytania the bloodiest thing ever to grace these lands since the initial "corruption".

Hey im sure Conrad is a stand up guy. You dont know if he is a vyre luring you into a trap to butcher you and anyone else comes but hey, risks muct be taken for love!

((Dont worry im sure conrad isnt a vyre.))

10-Feb-2016 22:15:55

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top