Forums

Canon Catastrophe Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-437-66105750

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But what follows is why these two situations aren’t alike. Axel continued with his plans of taking the throne back for his family, and I made that crystal clear to the new leader and his clan, whilst trying to speak about how to move forward with the war. The narrative I’d been working at for months at this point. And he blacklisted me, straight up. Because he didn’t want to put himself at risk of losing land. That’s why the canons became split. Anyone directly involved with the clans at that time can vouch for that. The person you have whispering in your ear, however, is not one of those people.

Void said :
Do any of us remember how bad the in-game harassment was? How awfully you ganged up and chased people off for daring to try and replace your imaginary power?

This sounds like something you heard out of your friends' mouth. The person who I apparently "chased off" was someone who inherited one half of the split canons of Kandarin. I have screenshots of him telling everyone in public that he intended to disrupt RP and cause disdain and problems for everyone, and that alone was his reason for his actions. The fact that you're trying to back him up here is ridiculous. Ironically, this is one of the people who inherited from the person mentioned in the paragraph above. I’m interested to see what other issues from 3-4 years ago you bring up in this argument.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:44:47

Vekon

Vekon

Void said :
Lianna98 and Daku offered you to participate in a transitional storyline, centred around your kingdom and its rulers are given an honourable fight against an otherworldly force. This was before I nominated myself to take over Kandarin. This discussion happened in Discord DMs, and your response was “fight me about it”. This circles back to the issues revolving around your character. Axel always has the odds unfairly stacked in his favour with borderline-god powers, and challengers who dare to break that are simply ignored or played down until you’re comfortable that they’re not any form of threat.

Lianna and Daku? No, Lianna alone. She messaged me asking about me leaving. At the time, I had no idea that she was sent by RiDaku, but that doesn't matter. Instead of confronting me yourselves about maybe getting Kandarin in different hands, you send someone who I have no idea is related to you and your takeover? Imagine possibly, as a leader, coming to me yourself to discuss it. Completely underhanded. And how was my response "fight me about it"? I just reread our message history; that is just straight up false. And moreover, it was BEFORE I even knew you were about start powerplaying your way into Kandarin.

I've already mentioned in previous posts statements regarding Axel's "god powers". If you can call them that. The last dozen times I've actually had him use magic in RP (most of which were bind spells), they missed entirely. Doesn't sound so powerful. I'll repeat it again here for your convenience: I don't use his magical prowess in battles/wars on a PoK/conquest scale. Never have, never will.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:45:17

Vekon

Vekon

Void said :
Valesian’s character was deposed and no narrative was put forth to determine what happened to his character, and no issue was raised. At one point, there was another PoK that surfaced over RiDaku’s and in THAT canon, Pyro’s character Jacob Delvar was quoted as being killed (what killed him? I don’t know), and it was- again- an overwrite group whose narrative you supported.

Vekon Kandarin has demonstrated prolonged unhealthy, toxic, inactive and disruptive behaviour for as long as any of us can remember. This is a fact that is non-negotiable, any of you reading this are welcome to scroll back through the threads, read them all and find hundreds of hidden posts whose contents you can’t read, but we saw at the time of them being posted.

1. Valiesin's character was killed in RP. Hell, I was there for the aftermath. He was a Vekon, and Axel buried his corpse. Why are all of your arguments based off the twisted stories of your friend? And I also remember very blatantly stating to different groups that Jacob Delvar didn’t die. Beyond the fact that he was played by someone using a different account to “catfish” us and make us believe it was some other person through deceit. There was a debate about that too, and 90% of the community thought it was underhanded and just disgusting behavior.. Ironically, one of your three “community leaders” did this.

2. Toxic? Disruptive? To who? You? Or the two others who have been infamous for their conduct historically, having been on 42 for longer than I have.

3. Just like in the way our current things are being hidden. Speaking out against actions such as yours and the other two of your triad is bound to be hidden once the forum mods have come and gone. Even when it's completely civil and cordial.
KANDAR VICTA

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:46:30

Vekon

Vekon

Void said :
As for other issues that Vekon raised, such as us “preparing to powerplay his character dead and then use his auto-dead body to access a vault” and such, we’re not allowed to take screenshots from discord and place them here, so it’s going to wind up being a your-word-against-mine situation.

I saw enough. The fact that you would even start to consider it, and seeing as how you yourself directly mentioned using the remains of my character, I find what you have in your next paragraphs hard to believe. Sure, maybe you changed your mind. I'll never know. But I sure do know that, going strictly off what I've seen (and I've seen a lot), you were very okay with the notion of, as you worded it, “preparing to powerplay his character dead and then use his auto-dead body to access a vault”.

Void said :
Believe us, we've tried.

You didn't try anything. You had someone you knew was unrelated to your machinations message me before you went on powerplaying. Had I known, I'd have ignored her and told her to have you message me. Instead I just thought it was a friend being curious. Now I just feel deceived.

I've made plenty of mistakes in my leadership of Kandarin, and even just as an RPer in general. Bringing up dirt from 4 years ago that you clearly don't know anything about, given as Ridaku's having to explain it all to you, isn't going to help your case. I've certainly learned to be better and grown since then.

But clearly, your own conduct is healthy for the game, right? Having a discord chat purely to maintain screenshots of conversation that mention your name, and using others to collect them for you. Chatting about how much support you can get in this takeover. Trying to find out specifically how to get a thread you don't like locked, and then laughing about it being locked when it didn't actually break any of the rules.
KANDAR VICTA

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:46:50 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2019 23:49:39 by Vekon

Vekon

Vekon

When you're done making memes about it all, take a step back and look at yourself and what you're doing. You were worried that, as an RSRP wiki admin, you shouldn't even be partaking in any of this. The fact that you had to consider that is reason enough to not go forward with these actions. It's sad.

I know you won't even reply to this; you prefaced your first post stating you won't knowing that you'd be found lacking when the apparent facts you've stated were debunked because the person feeding the information to you is spinning yarn. And the entire community knows that is, historically, how he's manipulated other RPers, turned people against each other, and the kind of stuff he gets into when he's not online.
KANDAR VICTA

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:53:57

Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Posts: 5,272 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This whole fiasco was inevitable, when you really stop and think about it. Many of you will disregard what im saying here, especially from the Pyro, Void, Ridaku side of things, because its coming from me but I like to think I’ve been involved in roleplay in this server for a long time, often in the heart of its POK scene, so there’s some experience that comes with that. Also, I’m aware I’ll probably make some points here that I previously made on the Kandarin thread, but that got hidden so ho hum here they are again.

The idea of the POK is not inherently flawed, despite what everyone seems to have said for the last three years or so. In fact, the basic ideas of the POK are what many people roleplay for in the first place. Sure, you get some ooc arguments and squabbles when it comes down to stuff like fighting, but those were always minimal.

I can only speak from my experience when it comes down to why I roleplay, though I am absolutely certain that there are people that share my views. I like history, I like a medieval setting, and honestly, I can ditch the whole fantasy stuff. It’s not super my thing, never has been. That leaves me with a fairly limited variation of mediums in which I can indulge in my interest. I read a lot, and I’ll play games where I fight out the battles etc, but when I found roleplay it was a way to create knight orders and military groups, explore religious extremism, and touch on all areas of history I enjoyed from the church to royalty to vikings to piracy, I touched on it all through my time roleplaying. So the POK system allowed me to act all this out, with others, with real competitive consequences – and its that idea of competitiveness that’s important. The POK system has always been competitive. Ridaku posted on the Kandarin threat trying to tell me that this wasn’t an FPS and that it shouldn’t be competitive, but I wholly disagree with that.
We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free.

16-Jun-2019 02:11:04 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2019 02:12:08 by Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

The things we want to act out, politics, warfare, espionage, trade, these are all competitive things. If there’s no stakes, there’s no interest. I have very little interest in partaking in some long plot where all we are doing is watching somebody, talented writer or no, type out a setting at us. It bores me, I get fed up, and when combat happens its almost always so scripted and easy that there’s no gratification from the process. Look at your popular culture right now, look how big Game of Thrones was, how invested people were to the concepts of the show where mistakes made great characters die. Then look what happened in the final season, when all the main characters had plot armour and the only deaths were very scripted and forced – everyone hated it. That’s how I feel about roleplay, and its those stakes I talk about when I say competitiveness. I’d rather have a character that has a good arc, even if it is cut short and he dies for something he cares about, believes in, or in an act of some grand political movement. Sure, getting shanked in the pub is underwhelming but that’s a side of combat separate to the POK ideals.

So what happened to make all those fighting, competing POKs that we used to have die off?
We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free.

16-Jun-2019 02:11:11 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2019 02:13:18 by Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Well, frankly as times moved on the game isn’t as popular as it used to be and membership prices only keep going up. The core groups got older, people left and didn’t come back, and there was smaller and smaller pools from which to replace them. POKs shrunk, but they had revivals and you know what we still had a lot of fun. What really changed it all was that somewhere along the way we stopped following the rules. There were always rules about powerplaying, godmodding, being too op, and being downright unfair really. They balanced things, so no ambitious new start could make himself OP and claim a kingdom just because they decided they deserved it instead of the 30 person clan currently occupying it. People would just ignore this person, and everyone would move on. Somewhere though we stopped doing that, and frankly I blame the Asgarnian Hub. It sat on the Kingdom of Asgarnia and just changed the rules, said ‘nope, we aint accepting attacks, or anything competitive, unless it fully fits within our plot armour script’. They could never lose, and you saw that when they did fight battles. That one against the Kinshra, they broke all the rules but the Kinshra was a small upstart clan so nobody cares. Ian in Burthorpe, they broke all the rules then decided they won and nobody cares because Ian could be a bit of a troll. For some reason they got away with this, they changed all the rules of POKs and the server never really fixed itself after having to go months where clans and the kingdoms they represented couldn’t really interact with each other properly. We come here with no peaceful intent, but ready for battle, determined to avenge our wrongs and set our country free.

16-Jun-2019 02:11:16 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2019 02:14:03 by Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Har Sicarius

Inactivity bred from that, and there stopped being enough people to really run the POKs properly and instead we’d get one or two active ones that’d squabble between themselves, and when arguments broke out there were so few people that it didn’t matter when you just went ‘ahh let’s sit these two people in that Kingdom and accept their roleplay instead’ because that’s all that was on offer in any case. Breaking the rules was mainstream, and the cliques just drew in tighter.

So here we are, we’ve got two factions of roleplayers who don’t like each other and we’ve finally hit a ridiculous stage of roleplaying over our rivals. It was inevitable it would happen.
At the end of the day, as long as you follow the rules I’d roleplay with any of you. The Pyro, Ridaku and Void group admittedly don’t like me very much, mostly because when it gets down to it and they break the rules, I’ve sat here for years disputing it to no result. So I started just to make fun of them and be mean. Probably the wrong thing to do, but it made me laugh and it made my friends group laugh, and the divide had already been created so what did it matter? I’m sure Ridaku’s got a list of screenshots to claim I’m some homophobic monster of a person, but come on let’s be real. Everyone knows I’ve just said the worst things for a reaction. They broke all the rules I cared about regarding roleplay, so I’d break all the ooc ones about conduct just to annoy them as much as they annoyed me. Admittedly not the right thing to do, but like I said what did it matter.

16-Jun-2019 02:11:22 - Last edited on 16-Jun-2019 02:14:31 by Har Sicarius

Quick find code: 237-238-437-66105750 Back to Top