Forums

Canon Catastrophe Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-437-66105750

Void
Apr Member 2010

Void

Posts: 400 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As for other issues that Vekon raised, such as us “preparing to powerplay his character dead and then use his auto-dead body to access a vault” and such, we’re not allowed to take screenshots from discord and place them here, so it’s going to wind up being a your-word-against-mine situation.

But considering the screenshots, that you got seem to be very cherrypicked, you should know that no, we are not going to be doing that. In fact, we determined that in the very same discussion where Pyro was asking about it. Should you ask Ren or Liam for full screenshots, instead of very specific ones, you’ll see that I was asking about the Aren rings of power, if one of them could be re-made, and where the rings were located. When told they were on Axel, we moved on. I confirm that Pyro was insistent on pulling things out of your lockdown vault and back into the realm of POK roleplay, but he was told no when we understood that it would involve playing around with your character. The conversation then went private, where we discussed it in length there and you may ask Liam the Big for confirmation that we won’t be doing anything with your character’s body.

Because at the end of the day, we are making no claims as to what happened to Axel Vekon. We are letting everybody else determine what happened to him - As they do whenever any monarch is deposed from inactivity. It is a tough choice for me, as I would have preferred continuity in the form of an actual Civil War event. I still personally would have liked to see Axel and Percival duel on the bridge over the River Kandar in Ardougne, with powerful spells flying about as chaos reigned around them both. But it seems the only chaos you're committed to being the kind caused OOC.
•=.,,.=•'`¨¯°ï¦
Owner of the RuneScape Roleplay Wiki
¦ï°¨`'•=.,,.=•

15-Jun-2019 22:30:15

Void
Apr Member 2010

Void

Lianna98 and Daku offered you to participate in a transitional storyline, centred around your kingdom and its rulers are given an honourable fight against an otherworldly force. This was before I nominated myself to take over Kandarin. This discussion happened in Discord DMs, and your response was “fight me about it”. This circles back to the issues revolving around your character. Axel always has the odds unfairly stacked in his favour with borderline-god powers, and challengers who dare to break that are simply ignored or played down until you’re comfortable that they’re not any form of threat.

You’re not leading by example when it comes to telling people how powerful an individual should be in a public combat situation.

Valesian’s character was deposed and no narrative was put forth to determine what happened to his character, and no issue was raised. At one point, there was another PoK that surfaced over RiDaku’s and in THAT canon, Pyro’s character Jacob Delvar was quoted as being killed (what killed him? I don’t know), and it was- again- an overwrite group whose narrative you supported.

Vekon Kandarin has demonstrated prolonged unhealthy, toxic, inactive and disruptive behaviour for as long as any of us can remember. This is a fact that is non-negotiable, any of you reading this are welcome to scroll back through the threads, read them all and find hundreds of hidden posts whose contents you can’t read, but we saw at the time of them being posted.

You can find forum moderators @’ing them or their old usernames and chastising them for their behaviour. Of course, that’s far too much work and it’s annoying to have to do that, so I understand that you won’t.
•=.,,.=•'`¨¯°ï¦
¦ï°¨`'•=.,,.=•

15-Jun-2019 22:31:16

Void
Apr Member 2010

Void

With these facts considered, our chosen course of action is the correct one, we feel. Doing so has repaired the long-broken PoK structure, where all three human settlements - Kandarin, Misthalin and Asgarnia - can properly and kindly interact with each other on an OOC side of things. This will be the final statement on the matter from all three of us. We're working together on this, both in roleplay and this post, something that hasn't been possible with Vekonic Kandarin.

Believe us, we've tried.
•=.,,.=•'`¨¯°ï¦
¦ï°¨`'•=.,,.=•

15-Jun-2019 22:31:28 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2019 22:31:41 by Void

HC Tervuren

HC Tervuren

Posts: 182 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Void said :
How many Asgarnia threads can I link that, in the past few months, have attempted to overwrite what Daku has been doing with full support from Vekonic Kandarin?

Actually, I've never supported any overwriting of any group ever. I suspect you may be talking about someone else. I have candidly argued against any split canon scenario no matter how ridiculous the actual canon group is or was.

Void said :
Three years ago you lost Kandarin in a very similar way - You were powerplayed

Powerplayed - full stop. In no instance should any group be powerplayed over. Ever. I don't need to say anything else on that at all.

Void said :
Do any of us remember how bad the in-game harassment was? How awfully you ganged up and chased people off for daring to try and replace your imaginary power?

Yes, I do remember harassment from both sides. Three years ago is a long time, and it is irrelevant now. Nobody has been harassing anyone in-game and people have matured. I however recall you or Ridaku claiming I "harassed" an RP dinner you had the other day, although I actually have screenshots of the chat there where I stated shortly that I'd respectfully wait for your RP to conclude before beginning mine.

Void said :
In truth, a lot of the people raising their voices in complaint right now are just the people who are being overwritten.

Don't you think? The people being overwritten and bystanders who abide by the basic rules of RP are voicing their complaints.
Kristian
|
Kandarin
|
Vekon
|
Tervurens
|
I love canines!

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

15-Jun-2019 22:51:26

HC Tervuren

HC Tervuren

Void said :
We assume your main account is muted, HC Tervurens, because otherwise, you’d be using it. We won’t be discussing how that happened here today.

I use this account by my own free will. The other is not muted permanently, it was muted temporarily years ago after posting a gif of a cat typing on a keyboard. At the time, the CoC was different for image files posted and violated the rules. It doesn't now, but at the time it did.

It's entirely irrelevant.

Void said :
Of course, not everybody complaining right now are from your group. Up until now, the onlookers in this discussion have been only able to make opinions off of the heavily one-sided and cherrypicked problems that you’re raising.

I'm not understanding. You're contradicting yourself. There are definitely people outside of our group complaining, because this entire scenario is a perfect example of powerplaying.

Void said :
In short (or, length, from how much we’ve written), the crux of the issue here isn’t “rulebreaking.” What we are doing is within the rules of roleplay

No, it isn't. I don't know what makes you think that it is. Please reference any rules of any RP community that exists ever. You will find that what you're doing violates them all.

Void said :
You’ve done it before

No, we haven't. Not only that, but even if we had it gives you no right to do it as well. It is rule-breaking. It has no place in this community, RSRP wiki admin, sticky owner or POK owner aside. There is no inch of space for it.

Void said :
we’re all terribly unclear just how much of our land Vekonic Kandarin claims to hold with no means of retaking it, having been turned away when we attempted.)

You never once messaged me regarding Ardougne. Ever. There was never any attempt, at all.
Kristian
|
Kandarin
|
Vekon
|
Tervurens
|
I love canines!

15-Jun-2019 22:51:30 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2019 22:59:10 by HC Tervuren

HC Tervuren

HC Tervuren

I will let Vekon conclude with the rest, as the remainder of what you've said targets him and his character.

That aside, the TL;DR of what you've said seems to summarize as "You did this before, therefore we can too because we think you're toxic and inactive."

Even if every single thing you've said were true to the T, it gives you no right to do so. Nothing was said (mostly) regarding Justin being overwritten for reasons I'm not aware of, as I was not active in the community at the time. And in fact, I was adamantly against Pyro taking control. If you don't recall, I ranted to him directly in Discord before being promptly banned due to opposing him.

It is all powerplay. All of it. None of it is permissible and I have never supported it.

Additionally, it is sickening that you, an RSRP Wiki admin would adamantly support such a thing like you are. Likewise, it is sickening that a RSRP Guide owner (Ridaku) adamantly supports it like he is. It truly shows the face behind the mask in the community, and it's bleak at best.

Regardless, I do appreciate you responding. I would hope that you go back on your decision that this be the only post from your group as this is supposed to be a discussion to better the community, and it isn't really a discussion if you communicate once and no further.

Thank you for the response, and I hope you explain further.
Kristian
|
Kandarin
|
Vekon
|
Tervurens
|
I love canines!

15-Jun-2019 23:05:48 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2019 23:21:11 by HC Tervuren

SpeedoJor
Nov Member 2012

SpeedoJor

Posts: 741 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HC Tervuren said :
I will let Vekon conclude with the rest, as the remainder of what you've said targets him and his character.

That aside, the TL;DR of what you've said seems to summarize as "You did this before, therefore we can too because we think you're toxic and inactive."

Even if every single thing you've said were true to the T, it gives you no right to do so. Nothing was said (mostly) regarding Justin being overwritten for reasons I'm not aware of, as I was not active in the community at the time. And in fact, I was adamantly against Pyro taking control. If you don't recall, I ranted to him directly in Discord before being promptly banned due to opposing him.

It is all powerplay. All of it. None of it is permissible and I have never supported it.

Additionally, it is sickening that you, an RSRP Wiki admin would adamantly support such a thing like you are. Likewise, it is sickening that a RSRP Guide owner (Ridaku) adamantly supports it like he is. It truly shows the face behind the mask in the community, and it's bleak at best.

he is part of the axis of evil, and, i do have a plan using their own scheming tools to demonstrate their hypocrisy. :)
it doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

15-Jun-2019 23:07:27

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Void said :
How many Asgarnia threads can I link that, in the past few months, have attempted to overwrite what Daku has been doing with full support from Vekonic Kandarin?

RiDaku's Asgarnia initially involved the ignoring of other groups/factions that wanted to interact, followed by a battle which involved him playing as 5 different archers, all humans armed with crystal weapons that... you gave him in RP, when you were trying to make elf RP. That was pretty much the only thing that happened there.

At large, RiDaku was written off as private RP for his actions and conduct. The RPs in Asgarnia that followed were related to numerous factions all vying for power in Asgarnia. Kandarin's Imperials were included; I did not take part in the RP at all.

Void said :
Three years ago you lost Kandarin in a very similar way - You were powerplayed

Right, I remember this. But you’re remembering it incorrectly. Rather, the person who’s telling you this story is making shit up. So let me correct a few points. Firstly, I didn’t even own Kandarin. I wasn’t at the top. Hell, I wasn’t even King. Valiesin’s character usurped the throne and held most of Kandarin, save for Yanille and I think Camelot. My part of the Kingdom became active with RP related to stopping “the mad king”, and frankly it was a lot of fun. At some point during it, he gave his held lands away. You mentioned that he was “autokilled without narrative” or something later in your post. That isn’t true. He was killed in his castle during an RP due to his hubris and confidence.

cont
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

15-Jun-2019 23:44:26

Quick find code: 237-238-437-66105750 Back to Top