Forums

Why should anyone RP??? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902

SaePls

SaePls

Posts: 1,367 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :
Clique mentality is cutting out individuals and groups that having differing points of view to your own thus landing you into a group where everyone thinks as you do which in turn reinforces your views and strengthens your biases. I would call "being selective about who you interact with" to be pretty good shorthand for that.

Who you chose to interact with and expose yourself to effects you tremendously and, I mean honestly, if you're not filtering who you interact with, you should be, but do it for the right reasons, obviously.

Choosing to exclude toxic people from your life (any part of it, including RP) doesn't slate you into a "group" or clique and does not align with clique mentality no matter how much you try to pitch it that way.

I really am sorry you see it that light because it's a positive thing that has changed my life. I know you've had a negative "clique" experiences but that doesn't mean every form of being cut off is clique related. Not sure what else to tell you but best of luck fam

16-Nov-2019 00:03:49

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SaePls said :
Lord Pyro I said :
Clique mentality is cutting out individuals and groups that having differing points of view to your own thus landing you into a group where everyone thinks as you do which in turn reinforces your views and strengthens your biases. I would call "being selective about who you interact with" to be pretty good shorthand for that.

Who you chose to interact with and expose yourself to effects you tremendously and, I mean honestly, if you're not filtering who you interact with, you should be, but do it for the right reasons, obviously.

Choosing to exclude toxic people from your life (any part of it, including RP) doesn't slate you into a "group" or clique and does not align with clique mentality no matter how much you try to pitch it that way.

I really am sorry you see it that light because it's a positive thing that has changed my life. I know you've had a negative "clique" experiences but that doesn't mean every form of being cut off is clique related. Not sure what else to tell you but best of luck fam

The majority of a community ignoring one individual for harassment, rule-breaking, and complete disregard for the common etiquette of 42's community doesn't make them a clique. Simple as that. We are all beyond mature enough to pinpoint people like that.

Everyone is free to choose who they interact with, because there are only ever a few extreme cases in which someone has to avoid certain people to begin with. An these are individuals , not entire groups. 40 people not wanting to RP with a single person doesn't make that 40 a clique, it just means that the 1 person has some self reflecting to do.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

16-Nov-2019 03:05:00

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
But it never is just one single person. That is only a lie perpetuated by those who actively seek to exclude those that threaten both their beliefs and often their position. Case in point is that we all know exactly who you are rather obviously referring to. And we all know that that person (those people really) have many friends which you also exclude in order to set up a world that protects your own precious ego. And we know that the individuals you are trying to secretly refer to aren't rulebreakers at all but people accused of rulebreaking by a tyrant who tried to twist the rules of our community to suit his own needs.

SaeWhen is only mistaken in their beliefs. Believing that excluding certain people for their live to have improved it rather than only pulling it into a sort of sheltered "bubble". Sooner or later you will find yourself in a situation in which you cannot avoid one of these people that you would normally avoid and well... I wish you the very best of luck when that happens.

For the time being I suggest not encouraging this particular activity, excessive as it has become within the W42 community. I'm not saying that there are no cases in which it is appropriate, only that in cases where it is necessary the victim will not need to be told by you to avoid the person bothering them. I would say that within the context of RP there is never a valid case for exclusion unless for a person or group that is deliberately and consistently disregarding the rules (at which point any game becomes largely unplayable).
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

16-Nov-2019 15:00:08

Vekon

Vekon

Lord Pyro I said :
And we all know that that person (those people really) have many friends which you also exclude in order to set up a world that protects your own precious ego. And we know that the individuals you are trying to secretly refer to aren't rulebreakers at all but people accused of rulebreaking by a tyrant who tried to twist the rules of our community to suit his own needs.

For starters, I'm not excluding anyone or anything. I'm not in a position to do so.
Secondly, I really don't think you get who I'm referring to at all. Which is surprising. The "have many friends" was a real giveaway.

You, for some reason, continue to invent these ideas of "rulebreaking cliques" and "tyrants" and whatever else, when it really isn't that deep. Everyone, for the most part, is here to have a good time and not constantly compete with others in order to reach that. And for the most part, it's been pretty successful. The spats that do occur are those regarding land claims and the occasional "war", the latter of which hasn't happened in a while. And those spats occured when two factions of OOCly opposing ideals clashed.

At this point, certain parts of the community are so heavily segregated that rulebreaking has become extremely uncommon. People are much more often RPing with their friend groups and RP groups they've joined, and the mutual understanding within those groups is why RP hasn't died. Which is why you calling Sae's opinion on the matter "wrong" doesn't really add up.

Meanwhile, there's one notable thug that still persists somehow, even while being ostracized by his own "friend group", and turns to harassment when being denied the chance to interact with certain PoKs (strangely enough, one in the canon he's shit-talked up until this point), and he still can't take a hint.

Some people don't change.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

16-Nov-2019 17:00:59

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Well let's see if we can't deconstruct this garbage shall we?

1. No but you were and did.
2. I do fully realize who you mean.
3. It's hardly invention and I'm scarcely the first person to mention this consistent themes of W42's history.
4. Yes the group I am referring would I am sure see themselves in the light of just being there "to have a good time". The only issue with that is that they failed to show any consideration to anyone else and the effect they had on them. That's where the word "tyrant" comes into it. And often that may involve a battle where they want to win to stroke their own ego. So the group chooses a target that in their own mind they are easily capable of beating. And then when things go wrong they try to shout down the other group and claim the rules support their argument no matter how absurd. That's where "rulebreaking clique"comes into it. I'm sure that those involved, focused on their own enjoyment as they were didn't see it that way, but those affected don't really care.
5. Yes it is true that as RP in general has dissolved into virtual nothingness in recent times the amount of rulebreaking has decreased too. Sort of obvious really and has nothing to do with the separation into cliques except in so much as that is killing RP altogether.
6. A claim of harassment is I think somewhat ridiculous. Let's reserve that word for things a little more serious than a couple of DM's shall we?
7. Yes you are all deeply ineffective in getting rid of me and deeply stubborn in rejecting the sensible suggestions I make to stop this community's continual downfall. I could stop of course except that you don't really take up all that much of my time. And you can still be quite amusing.
#WarIsComing

16-Nov-2019 20:31:46

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

@Croco I'm sure I've said it many, many times

@Nath Um nothing much really. You seem like a decent guy who helped me out a couple times. Appreciate it.
#WarIsComing

17-Nov-2019 01:04:25

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

@Croco I'm sure I've said it many, many times

@Nath Um nothing much really. You seem like a decent guy who helped me out a couple times. Appreciate it.
#WarIsComing

17-Nov-2019 01:04:25

Vekon

Vekon

Lord Pyro I said :
garbage

Clearly, you have all of the answers to 42's problems, and the remainder of the community, which continues to reject you, are the ones in the wrong. /s

I'm glad people stopped giving you the time of day.
KANDAR VICTA

#
HouseVekon

17-Nov-2019 03:31:15

Quick find code: 237-238-142-66105902 Back to Top